Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Clusterfact

re: Who's Writing What?

So how are we going to divvy up the written portion of the story? Does anyone want/need to write certain accounts?

Perhaps if everyone wrote a portion of the story we could edit them together later?

Thoughts?
Kbrury

I think we can split up the story(subject to change) into 6 parts so far. The beginning with Ms. Vast, The ending with Ms. Vast, and than the 4 Insider Accounts. The beinning and ending can probably be worked on as a group.

AstralProjection

I'm very excited about this. I'm willing to write as much as I'm allowed ; ) I know I'm not the only one though. If it's possible I'd like to get my hands on the Intro, and one of the Jedi accounts at least, if possible, but whatever we decide is cool. I'm just glad to get a chance to take part.

I updated the Insider list and this is how I see the writing going for the insiders, just my speculation.

Trooper Writer - CMDR R Blue
Knight Writer - Clusterfact or AstralProjection
Consular Writer - AstralProjection or Clusterfact with Friscoo working on his character.
Smuggler Writer -

Now for the two Jedi Accounts I'm sure Cluster and Astral you guys can decide between yourselves who is going to do what.

Also Astral and Cluster you guys seem to have a good grasp on the Smuggler story so far would one of you be interested in writing it? Or maybe you both can do it together.

Last edited by Kbrury on January 20, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Clusterfact

Kbrury wrote:
Also Astral and Cluster you guys seem to have a good grasp on the Smuggler story so far would one of you be interested in writing it? Or maybe you both can do it together.

Like Voltron?

I'm okay with working together on both accounts. We could agree on a basic outline or set of events, whip something up and smush the tales together until they bleed excellence.
CMDR Blue R

Quote:
Trooper Writer - CMDR R Blue

CMDR Blue R.
And I can do that, so this can no longer be just speculation.

BTW. Smuggler as Trooper Writer... :D But it's true, that I enter area with Trooper.

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
AstralProjection

That sounds good to me. So Cluster and I will collaborate on the Smuggler story, and flip a coin or whatever we want on the Jedi stories.

To speed things up, I think we should each write one of the Jedi stories by ourselves, but then run it by the other writers for proofreading and ideas a few times via PM before we post something for the whole group to read/review.

I know that personally I'll complete the Jedi story much faster if I don't interrupt the creative energy flow with pauses and just write what I'm seeing in my head. After that, I'd do my normal editing process, then share it with my fellow writers to get their thoughts.

How does that sound? No matter what we're all collaborating on this, I just think it would be easier on both of us if we ran individually with one of the Jedi accounts and then tweaked it together.

I think that's fine but maybe work with your "Main Character" as well.

Clusterfact

AstralProjection wrote:
That sounds good to me. So Cluster and I will collaborate on the Smuggler story, and flip a coin or whatever we want on the Jedi stories.

To speed things up, I think we should each write one of the Jedi stories by ourselves, but then run it by the other writers for proofreading and ideas a few times via PM before we post something for the whole group to read/review.

I know that personally I'll complete the Jedi story much faster if I don't interrupt the creative energy flow with pauses and just write what I'm seeing in my head. After that, I'd do my normal editing process, then share it with my fellow writers to get their thoughts.

How does that sound? No matter what we're all collaborating on this, I just think it would be easier on both of us if we ran individually with one of the Jedi accounts and then tweaked it together.

Precisely what my Voltron comment was leaning towards.
Friscoo

Wait so I cant actually write for my character?

You can probably work with writer about your character reaction for this and that situation Happy I mean no one really knows your character as well as you do ;)

Kbrury

Talked with Friscoo a bit and he would like to write for his character at least so whoever decides to do the Consular story will work with him on it.

Friscoo

oh yes just pm me and give me da goods and ill get right to it.

Friscoo wrote:
oh yes just pm me and give me da goods and ill get right to it.

Since I'm rolling with the Consulars, and Cluster is rolling with the Knights, why don't I take the Consular story. I'll work with Friscoo and get to know my helpful Jedi pals a bit better.

- Is Friscoo the only actual Consular in our group, looks like it.

My other question is this, though. This was going to be a first person account for each class. With Friscoo being the Consular leader, I'd essentially be writing my whole account from his point of view, meaning he'd have to write the whole consular story, because he wants to write for his character. Is that what we're doing?

We could do that, or we could alternate between my and his points of view, somehow. Any thoughts?

I think Friscoo would mainly be in charge of his character's dialogue how would he act those kinds of things how the story progresses and such and putting that into writing would be your department I believe.

Also just a note lets not refer to people in the story as Knights or Consulars that will just confuse things especially since Bioware chose to go with Knight as a class.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: