Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
AstralProjection

re: Who is the Important Official? [Tika Vast]

Okay, some of this is being decided as we vote on whether the Jedi or Republic found the organization, however I think that either way, whether the Jedi mandate it, or the Republic, we should have the same individual present.

Our options:

Republic Bureaucrat

What is her name?

Ms. Tika Vast

What is her title?

Chief Officer of Resource Management

What is her Corporation?

Corellia Mining Corporation

What is her gender?

Female

What is her species?

Nautolan

Why is she at WeatherNet touring?

Tika Vast works for the Corellian Mining Corporation which produces ore for important starship and civilian construction projects within the Republic. She is a contact of Diab Duin and has received information from him about Aeten II and it's stygium supply.

Her Corporation has agreed to a deal with the Republic to mine the stygium and in turn supply them with Starfighters from the Corellian Shipyards. The Corporation is pleased with the stygium supply but their prospectors find that there is a rich vein of the mineral on another part of the planet. The only problem though is that due to some harsh weather condition it is hard to mine it.

Due to her association with Duin, Tika is given permission to tour and obtain information on the WeatherNet which the Corporation hopes would allow them to mine the rich stygium vein.

Who is her canonical superior?

Diab Duin

EDIT: Added more questions raised by my good friend Clusterfact. I will add other important ones as we come up with them. Will also update this first post with answers, as we definitively answer them.

EDIT 2: Updated answers to questions. Unless someone vetoes one of the two answers or proposes a different species, I'll put what we tentatively liked.

EDIT 3: Updated facility, since it seems we've basically decided, updated superior, tentative. Once we finalize the official reason for being at WeatherNet, then we can probably invent a name and title pretty easily.

EDIT 4: Updated Contact Information. I'm adding a poll to pick her first name. I updated her corporation and her reason for being there by Tailoring Kbrury's idea to a corporation that I found on Wookieepedia. We're almost done with this thread.

FINAL EDIT: Closing Poll. Tika had 50% of the vote, and that's good enough for me. Thanks to everyone who voted. This thread should be essentially done.

Last edited by AstralProjection on January 24, 2011 9:23 am; edited 9 times in total

As a PvP oriented guild, a militaristic approach would make sense.

What would be the role of a Republic Bureaucrat (opposed to a Republic Politician)? Not too familiar with political venues.

Edit: Spelling -- time for a nap!

Also, is the narrator a boy or a girl?

Last edited by Clusterfact on January 12, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kbrury

A Bureaucrat could be part of a Powerful Corporation with ties to the Governement. Maybe they fund certain organizations within the Republic and recieve aid from the Military due to financial reasons.

Lord Marvel

I think that bureacurat would really give us biggest way to use him, since corporation could have ties in military and government, as well as some in Jedi Order (someone must be giving them ships and stuff, we might as well use that corporation for it ;) )

Clusterfact

My concern with being backed by a company is that it might give us a "mercenary" feeling to our goals. That, and we would be at the bureaucrat's beck and call.

Unless it would be in his own interest to keep the Republic going strong to continue making money.

Any thoughts?
Lord Marvel

It could be some company from Corelia or Aldeeran, both are under attack by the Sith, and we could use that as an excuse for using one of their companies, who would prefer to stay under Republic.

Kbrury

On the SWTOR page of Corellia they describe the populace there as being very loyal to the Republic but at the same time interested in money.

So yeah we could be working for the interests of a Corporation at times but I see it like this, the more planets there are under Republic control the more money this Corporation would make. The more money this Corporation makes the more resources it can provide for fighting the Sith.

It would be a Republic Organization which is backed by this Corporation. Maybe the Republic can't afford to fund this Organization which would aid those planets in need and at the same time this Corporation needs these Republic Assets(Troopers, Smugglers, Jedi) to protect their resources in distress. (Factories, Minerals)

AstralProjection

To clarify on this a little, yes, a bureaucrat could have ties to a corporation -

They could also simply be a member of a Republic organization, e.g ministry of defense, ministry of intelligence, ministry of research (I know I made that one up, just giving examples).

A politician on the other hand, would actually hold an elected office, like a Republic Senator, or some other important position like political advisor to a senator. The political option would probably be more in the public eye.

A bureaucrat is just like the name sounds...involved in the actual government bureaucracy itself (or corporate, as the case may be). Their job has nothing to do with public opinion, they are generally put into their jobs by being appointed by a superior.

An analog in our US gov't would be the people underneath those that the president appoints into office. So the president names a Secretary of State, Interior, Defense, etc.

Everyone below them is a bureaucrat - a cog in the political hierarchy. They are not elected, and neither are their superiors (though one could argue those at the very top like Secretary of State are politicians too). A bureaucrat could be someone as low as someone who works for Medicare or the IRS- or someone as high up as the assistant to the Minister of Defense. Governments of this size have thousands to millions of employees that serve this function.

A true politician is much higher profile, and has to make people other than their immediate boss happy.

I hope that helps.

I like the idea of bureaucrat with ties into a corporation. Gives added weight to smugglers being with us.
AstralProjection

Okay, to answer some other important character questions we have here:

What race is this representative going to be from? I know some of us were complaining there aren't enough non-human Republic NPC's up on the TOR website.

Maybe we should make this one a non-human? Maybe since we're pissed we can't roll Nautolan characters, it can be a Nautolan?

I'm just thinking out loud. Since the majority of our characters will be Male, can we agree to make the liason/contact a female?

Much better than another human male. I don`t have preferences when it`s about spieces, I`m all for Nautolan since many people here wanted to play one.

Any other spiece is also good, just not human, please Happy

Kbrury

Female is fine with me as well as non-human.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Female Nautolan works for me too.

So we've got a Female Natuolan Bureaucrat from Corellia. Now who would her Canonical link be? I was looking through the Biographies and the one that jumped off the page for me right away was Diab Duin.

A low key Diplomat with a vast network of contacts and has the favor of the Chancellor. Also the way they describe his personality seems perfect for someone who would support us.

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/biographies/diab-duin

Clusterfact

NAUTOLAN!!!!! big grin big grin big grin

Interesting that you suggest Diab Duin, Kevin. When I first went through the list of Republic characters for inspiration, he was the one that least jumped out at me initially. That was before we had developed our narrator to the extent of which we have her now, though.

I think Diab Duin makes sense in this instance: he is fairly low key, he would never talk about our diplomatic missions, and he could very easily have the connections we are looking for. He could very well be our canonical link.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: