Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
AstralProjection

re: Pax Republica the Entity [Government Organization]

It's a really tough call.

The Jedi Order isn't exactly a group that likes to commission new organizations. I suppose in this time period they were probably more closely tied with the Republic than they are closer to the rise of the Empire, but I'm still not sure if it would make sense.
If we were going to go that route, I would suggest creating our own NPC, or if Gai already created him it's that much easier, who is Gaiutus' former master, and a member of the Jedi Council. The Council would've been big enough at this time that not all members would be accounted for through Canon. It can come with Satele Shan's assent without directly involving her.

Knowing his/her pupil's love of protecting the downtrodden, etc, perhaps at the behest of a vision where he/she saw great things ahead for Gaiutus, the master would suggest the formation of this new organization to foster cooperation between the republic military, civilians, and the Jedi Order. They would be essentially the Jedi Order's paramilitary public relations department, to be called Pax Republica. He would recommend his former Padawan to oversee this venture, knowing his calm, diplomatic demeanor to be capable of success.

I like this option, because it highlights our fearless leader as the impetus for the creation of the organization.

_____________________________________________________-

However, I think it would make equal sense to have this organization be created as a government venture. This strengths to this is that for one, we really would be a Republic organization, not a Jedi offshoot with random troopers and smugglers joining up. I think smugglers are more likely to join with the Republic than Jedi any day of the week. I think your average smuggler gets the willies from Jedi - they want to stay under the radar, and Jedi can rarely do that.

I also feel that all outreach efforts to the community would likely somehow be encapsulated within the Republic Reconstruction group mentioned in the Fatal Alliance novel. This organization was known for being ineffective at helping those whom it was intended to help.

Perhaps the Republic seeks to improve the ineffectual organization after being inspired by the cooperative events that took place during the attack we mentioned in the other thread, and mandates a cooperative effort (perhaps even secretly to keep tabs on the Jedi, but definitely to improve public relations for both organizations).

I'm torn. I like both ideas for different reasons. I think if I had to pick right now for the sake of the story, I would pick Government intervention over Jedi Council intervention.

I think it makes more sense when considering the whole of the Pax Republica mission, and considering how reluctant the Jedi Order always is to create divisions within itself - especially at a time like this.

Thoughts? Perhaps take it to a poll?

Edit: I fixed some places where I wrote "PR". It's too hard to tell when i mean public relations or Pax Republica : P

Last edited by AstralProjection on January 12, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ill make one in a little bit, I like your description of the Government Organization and the reference to Fatal Alliance. Brings the story closer to the lore of the TOR period.

AstralProjection

Clusterfact wrote:
Lord Marvel wrote:
I think that if there would be someone overseeing the creation of PR, it should be someone sent by Jedi Order, I mean after Sacking Jedi are "the bad guys" of the Republic, even more after their retreat to Tython... I would thought that Jedi would start creating Pax and those Troopers that would join would do it with silent agreement of Garza and her officers, since it will work in her favor one way or another, smugglers joining wouldn`t be anything strange.

A partnership between the Jedi and the Republic military could be the first steps toward mending the relationship between the Jedi and the Republic after the sacking, albeit a secretive mending, it would have purpose either way.

While Gaiutus will be "creating" PR, we don't want it to appear to be a Jedi organization that receive aid from the Troopers and Smugglers -- it should be a group where all members are present at its founding.

I think with our story going on in the "Plotline" thread, we'll cover both bases.

Whether we're commissioned by the Jedi or the Government, the founding members will all forge the organization in the crucible of a miraculous rescue, and their cooperation will be what inspires the organization to be created - perhaps at a ceremony where they are all honored.

Poll added

Clusterfact

AstralProjection wrote:

However, I think it would make equal sense to have this organization be created as a government venture. This strengths to this is that for one, we really would be a Republic organization, not a Jedi offshoot with random troopers and smugglers joining up. I think smugglers are more likely to join with the Republic than Jedi any day of the week. I think your average smuggler gets the willies from Jedi - they want to stay under the radar, and Jedi can rarely do that.

I also feel that all outreach efforts to the community would likely somehow be encapsulated within the Republic Reconstruction group mentioned in the Fatal Alliance novel. This organization was known for being ineffective at helping those whom it was intended to help.

Perhaps the Republic seeks to improve the ineffectual organization after being inspired by the cooperative events that took place during the attack we mentioned in the other thread, and mandates a cooperative effort (perhaps even secretly to keep tabs on the Jedi, but definitely to improve public relations for both organizations).

I personally feel that the Republic would be the first to take steps involving the formation of new ogranizations, especially if we are comparing the Republic and the Jedi.

Plus, the Jedi have always been associated with the Republic, but not vice versa. My vote is for a government affiliated group the includes an eclectic bunch of small-time heroes.

I also like the idea of the Republic using the group to try to secretly keep tabs on the Jedi, though we would have expected something like that anyways.
Lord Marvel

We can always go on compromise, and have two organization that meet at the facility and fuse after the meeting, seeing that they both would gain from fusion.

They could have little argue at first meeting at facility, but later unite in face of Sith attack.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: