Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kbrury

re: Pax Republica the Entity [Government Organization]

Need to flesh out what kind of organization is Pax Republica and who was it formed by. Use this thread for anything related to the topic.

This was my idea.

Quote:
Anyways I posted earlier what would the purpose of Pax Republica be in an RP sense and here's one of my ideas.

I'm sure all of you have heard of the Cold War :P and while there weren't many direct conflicts, the U.S and the USSR operated behind the scenes against eachother. Both trying to spread Democracy and Communism to the smaller countries or Satellites to gain more political power.

Basically whoever helps establish us, hopes that we can both gain and regain the favor of planets accross the Galaxy through various means for the Republic. So whether thats through battling the Sith or helping out the people on various planets we slowly win them back. I hope that makes sense. :P

Last edited by Kbrury on January 13, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

CMDR Blue R

My proposition begun with:

Quote:
Our leader - Gai is Jedi Knight... And he's our leader... So we maybe should be linked with Jedi Order? For example. Jedi Master Gaiutus was ordered to create that group? This will be much better fit to SW universe.

And ended with:

Quote:
Our leadership:
(...)
4 Jedi Knight, 3 Jedi Consular = 7 Jedi
2 Smuggler
2 Trooper
-----------------------------------------------------

64% are Jedi.
71% if we skip class captains.

So.. I think it's good to start from Jedi group.
We chosen Corellia.
So we can start from group, formed during Sacking of Coruscant and later ordered to help Corellia System... And because this group work very well, our leader (Gaiutus) was ordered to keep that group for.... well... And Kbrury's idea fit in that place...
And if we put story that there are rumors that Gai felt in love with one of Corelia female [played by Cynette]?... Well. This isn't place for that story.

OMG! Gai'll end like Anakin!!!!!!

Last edited by CMDR Blue R on January 11, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Kbrury

Well we should probably tie in Corellia because that was voted to be our homeplanet.

CMDR Blue R

Kbrury wrote:
Well we should probably tie in Corellia because that was voted as our homeplanet.

Corellia? My mistake :D I don't know why, but I was sure, that this was Alderaan...
So put Corellia in that... My mistake... Sorry. I fix that in my post :D

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Kbrury

Oh ok lol and for whom the the group should be commisioned by I like Astral's post in the other thread having someone linked to one of the Important characters be our Liason. For who actually comissions maybe it's a joint project between the Government and the Order.

AstralProjection

Perhaps commissioned by the Order, similar to the AgriCorps, etc of old times?

I see us as a project among the Order to improve relations with the Republic, its military, and its citizens?

The Jedi within Pax would still be just that - Jedi, following their rules and guidelines, but it would be an organization that allows for Jedi-friendly troopers, smugglers, etc to enlist and work together to bring peace to planetary systems, help the downtrodden, etc, and in the process recruit more members to both causes? Just thinking out loud.

I think it makes sense considering there will always be more Jedi than the other classes. A project started by the order with supporters from the Military and/or Government, our liason could be someone under Garza or someone else as you suggested.

Last edited by Kbrury on January 11, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arkathos

OMG! Gai'll end like Anakin!!!!!!

twisted

Like it so far, keep the ideas flowing. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I almost wonder if we should be commissioned by Garza, principally as a military auxiliary unit, so that we are closer to the Republic than the Jedi Order, ya know? And it would be easy to see why Jedi would join this unit. I don't think it would be a problem that we'd have more Jedi than other classes, considering the times we're in, and how much we'd want to help the cause.

I think it will be hard deciding on one or the other so I think a partnership between the Order and someone (Non-Canon Character) in the Government would be best to cover all the bases.

Amorl

Kbrury wrote:
I think it will be hard deciding on one or the other so I think a partnership between the Order and someone (Non-Canon Character) in the Government would be best to cover all the bases.

I like us being sanctioned by the Order but I would like it if we could get a specific Jedi who spearheaded the idea and project. Possibly who then recommends Gai to the council, Or vice versa where a Republic commander does the same thing. Thus giving giving Pax a " Patron Saint" to our order. I do believe it should be a canon character albeit a very minor one with little backstory. So we, like Bioware are fleshing out ToR lore instead of creating it out of whole cloth. Also it will allow anyone who reads, some kind of identifiable character (even if they have to wookiepedia him) of the ToR universe.

As for who I like Nwahs Nirom idea of Garza. This kind of project would be well within her sphere (as she is already accused of authorizing secret assaults). My only concern would be if her story devolves into ever increasing brutality that leads to her fall. On the other hand the timeframe would place us early enough that our more benign ( comparatively) community fits and becomes independent of her due to Gai leading us to an expanded scope of activities.
Kbrury

Well we don't want to be controlling the actions of Canon Characters I mean lets say we go with Garza what we might do is make up an officer who works closely with Garza who is given permission to form the group Pax Republica. Garza is involved but not directly this way we have some free space to roam because we don't know much about the character released so far.

Last edited by Kbrury on January 11, 2011 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Good idea Kevin

I think that if there would be someone overseeing the creation of PR, it should be someone sent by Jedi Order, I mean after Sacking Jedi are "the bad guys" of the Republic, even more after their retreat to Tython... I would thought that Jedi would start creating Pax and those Troopers that would join would do it with silent agreement of Garza and her officers, since it will work in her favor one way or another, smugglers joining wouldn`t be anything strange.

Clusterfact

Lord Marvel wrote:
I think that if there would be someone overseeing the creation of PR, it should be someone sent by Jedi Order, I mean after Sacking Jedi are "the bad guys" of the Republic, even more after their retreat to Tython... I would thought that Jedi would start creating Pax and those Troopers that would join would do it with silent agreement of Garza and her officers, since it will work in her favor one way or another, smugglers joining wouldn`t be anything strange.

A partnership between the Jedi and the Republic military could be the first steps toward mending the relationship between the Jedi and the Republic after the sacking, albeit a secretive mending, it would have purpose either way.

While Gaiutus will be "creating" PR, we don't want it to appear to be a Jedi organization that receive aid from the Troopers and Smugglers -- it should be a group where all members are present at its founding.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: