Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Garlen Durakkis

re: Getting Started

Hey guys just now noticed the thread! But I myself would just kinda like to contribute ideas and such but for the main matter I'll have to agree on a 3rd person perspective of things.
Kbrury

Not sure yet CMDR on how we should structure the story but it's good to bring up now. Should we start before the attack on Coruscant, during? Also we will need to come up with what is Pax Republica's purpose in the galaxy and within the Republic. It's something I was thinking about during classes today Ill post my idea on it later.

When it comes to the perspective, I'm liking the story being told by someone outside of Pax. If we were to go that route we would need to create the character before writing.

Last edited by Kbrury on January 10, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Friscoo

Not sure what kind of story this is but I was thinking that each of us could do some type of 1st person thing on how we met and how pax changed our (in game chars) lives.

Is this just a story or is it an RP? Ive seen to many 3rd person RPs fail to confusion and things not being clear enough.

It's the backstory of Pax and how it was formed in RP not real life.

Friscoo

Also, if we are doing it by chapters or segments I think it would be cool for each of us to write an act/ chapter of it. Since we all have our own writing styles. it could diffenitly expose the diversity.

Last night I went through the Republic biographies to get an idea of how the character who will be telling the story should be constructed, and I think the character shouldn't be someone with a higher rank of the governing ladder. The person could be an aid or informant to someone higher up, but I do not think there should be any direct contact.

Given our PvP focus and the fact that we are fighting the Sith, we could have the person telling the story be some kind of aid/informant type character for one of the military higher-ups. Gerneral Garza doesn't need to know about us, but if we were given backing by the Republic military, if would definitely fit our PvPness.

We could also do the same thing, but for one of the senators for the Republic. Who I'm not sure, but, again, there should be no direct contact with the Supreme Chancellor (in general, staying away from canon characters would make our story more seemless with the timeline).

I considered maybe using someone from Tython and the new Jedi temple, but I feel like the Smugglers and Troopers wouldn't have as strong of a connection with the Jedi, unlike the Jedi who are known well in the Republic and have sworn to protect it.

Edit: Also, we could start the story the morning of the assault on the temple.
Kbrury

Well a while back the guild voted for Corellia to be our homeplanet maybe a Senator from Corellia could be that person. Or maybe someone working under(behind) him/her since there is apparently a lot of Imperial Corruption going on. http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets/corellia

Durstalph

What if we had the whole thing presented like it was a historical acount, with either Gnost Dural or some other historian presenting the various records.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Black Company series by Glen Cook, but the series follows a band of mercenaries and is told mostly by the company's chronicler. Maybe we could invent a guild historian to tell our tale like that.

Durstalph wrote:
What if we had the whole thing presented like it was a historical acount, with either Gnost Dural or some other historian presenting the various records.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Black Company series by Glen Cook, but the series follows a band of mercenaries and is told mostly by the company's chronicler. Maybe we could invent a guild historian to tell our tale like that.

That would work, too. Whoever it is, I think they should be there at the founding so the entire experience is first-hand.
Kbrury

Yeah that's what we are trying to come up with but we don't want to use anyone in canon. In the last few posts what we were thinking is that the person who would tell our story might be our Liason or "Handler" for the Republic. Because like Cluster said we probably wouldn't have any direct ties to an official so we would need a middle man between us and the Republic.

Anyways I posted earlier what would the purpose of Pax Republica be in an RP sense and here's one of my ideas.

I'm sure all of you have heard of the Cold War :P and while there weren't many direct conflicts, the U.S and the USSR operated behind the scenes against eachother. Both trying to spread Democracy and Communism to the smaller countries or Satellites to gain more political power.

Basically whoever helps establish us, hopes that we can both gain and regain the favor of planets accross the Galaxy through various means for the Republic. So whether thats through battling the Sith or helping out the people on various planets we slowly win them back. I hope that makes sense. :P

Clusterfact

Kbrury wrote:
Yeah that's what we are trying to come up with but we don't want to use anyone in canon. In the last few posts what we were thinking is that the person who would tell our story might be our Liason or "Handler" for the Republic. Because like Cluster said we probably wouldn't have any direct ties to an official so we would need a middle man between us and the Republic.

Anyways I posted earlier what would the purpose of Pax Republica be in an RP sense and here's one of my ideas.

I'm sure all of you have heard of the Cold War :P and while there weren't many direct conflicts, the U.S and the USSR operated behind the scenes against eachother. Both trying to spread Democracy and Communism to the smaller countries or Satellites to gain more political power.

Basically whoever helps establish us, hopes that we can both gain and regain the favor of planets accross the Galaxy through various means for the Republic. So whether thats through battling the Sith or helping out the people on various planets we slowly win them back. I hope that makes sense. :P

That almost makes too much sense. I like that idea a lot. So the question is, what mode does our liason work through? The Government? Armed Forces? The Jedi?

I think a government/military liason would work well, but we also have to take into account where the founding takes place. If we have a senator or something, we should have the founding be somewhere near the Senate.
Durstalph

I like this idea. Maybe due to the treaty the Republic can't interfere directly with these planets, so they covertly back an independent militia group so that they have plausible deniability. This group is Pax Republica.

Clusterfact wrote:

I considered maybe using someone from Tython and the new Jedi temple, but I feel like the Smugglers and Troopers wouldn't have as strong of a connection with the Jedi, unlike the Jedi who are known well in the Republic and have sworn to protect it.

Good point... Jedi and other classes. This is biggest problem....
TOR is MMORPG... But we must decide: More MMO or more RPG.
If we choose "RPG", there'll be some problems with Jedi... Why Jedi left Order and join PAX? Jedi can not join another organisation without permission of Jedi Order. And Jedi Order should be at 1st place.
If we choose "MMO", than Jedi become non canon Jedi, which creating own groups, organisations, etc.

Well... I looked at something:

Membership
Apply to Guild
Currently Recruiting
Smugglers High
Trooper Low
Jedi Consulars Low
Jedi Knights Low

So we have much Trooper and Jedi and very low of Smugglers... So I (as player which will be playing smuggler) said, that relations Smuggler-Jedi aren't problem, because we don't have many Smugglers, what means that on every 10 peacekeepers (in story) we've (for about) 1 smuggler or less.
So we should focus at Troopers and Jedi (which outnumber Smugglers ).

But the main question is
"What's Pax Republica?"

If we don't have any direct ties to official... so how can we've a Jedi? Jedi left the Republic and Jedi Order to join other organisation?

Our leader - Gai is Jedi Knight... And he's our leader... So we maybe should be linked with Jedi Order? For example. Jedi Master Gaiutus was ordered to create that group? This will be much better fit to SW universe.

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Kbrury

Eh I don't think it would be much of a stretch for Jedi to be in an organization. And I wouldn't say they would be leaving maybe just on a Long Term Assignment. If our supporter was someone in the government I'm sure they could pull a few strings to have the Order send the Jedi they wanted.

The reasons why I think the Order would do this is one they are already sending out Shadows as spies, and pretty much the entire Republic blames the Order for being cornered into the Treaty. Getting the people back on thier side wouldn't be an unrealistic priority for them.

Lord Marvel

But isn`t our creation before everyone started blaming Jedi? I mean we were making it before/in the middle of Sacking... and Jedi went to Tython only after this.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: