Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Kbrury

re: Getting Started

So here is the forum guys. Only the Story Group and Officers can see this. We have a few things to get started with. First off I'd like everyone in the story group to post here just to say Hi and such. :P

Here is the agenda though for the story:

Who would like to be a writer? I'd say the max would be 2 maybe 3.

Than for the story the first couple things we need to come up with is the starting and end points which should make it easier to create the whole story.

Than how would we like to present the story, who will be the narrator, etc.

That's all I can think of for right now but feel free to add your own ideas, you guys are more experienced.

Story Group Members:
Astral
Jareth
Amorl
Clusterfact
Friscoo
Nwahs
CMDR
Durstalph
Lord Marvel

Last edited by Kbrury on January 9, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lord Marvel

CMDR Blue R is volunteering for writer position Happy He will confirm this as soon as he will get his net repaired.

I will be around to throw some ideas Happy

Oh, and I think that final part of our story should some speach made by Gai, that would mark the beggining of Pax Republica Happy

Kbrury

He did something for one of the PBPs that he can look at for inspiration, if the group decides to do it. Let's see what the others come up with as well.

Side note all the Story Group members feel free to make threads in this forum you are the ones in charge. :P There will be a thread made later for any questions you might have for Gaiutus and I but other than that and this thread there will be no posts by those not in the story group.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Sounds good. I'm willing to look over the drafts and provide input.

Hello everybody. very excited for this. Just let me know what we need and ill try to do my best. Im not very familiar with the Star wars universe

Posting in.

The one thing I would like to add, is we make an outline with most/all major plot points on it that can be updated so everyone can easily track the story.
Arkathos

I will be watching quietly from the sidelines with anticipation. I've been told I'm not allowed to encourage the way the story forms, but should the writers want to ask me for any thoughts on where the story could go from point A.1.1.1.0 to point A.1.1.1.1 then I will gladly provide some ideas. Glad to see it taking form. <3

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Durstalph

Hi, I'm here and happy to be working with everyone. This looks like it will be an interesting project to work on.

Gaiutus wrote:
I will be watching quietly from the sidelines with anticipation. I've been told I'm not allowed to encourage the way the story forms, but should the writers want to ask me for any thoughts on where the story could go from point A.1.1.1.0 to point A.1.1.1.1 then I will gladly provide some ideas. Glad to see it taking form. <3

Once the actual writing starts you and I will back off but for now it's free game.

Arkathos

Alright lol - just make sure you guys incorporate the attack on Coruscant, and that we banded together there.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Clusterfact

Back in August last year, there was the discussion of having part of the story be told through the eyes of each class first, and then there would be some key point where the stories all converged to one point. From that point, everything would be cohesive with all of the classes interacting together. For example:

Some of the smugglers see the transport that smashes into the temple go streaking really low over the cityscape heading toward the temple. Commentary on the matter, yada yada yada.

Troopers receive a message that a transport is missing and the fort goes on high alert. Troopers are scrambled and so on.

Jedi begin sensing something is amiss so they also become aware that something might be happening.

Then the transport hits the temple. This would be the moment when the classes start heading toward the chaos. Ship sensors pick up the Sith fleet, Jedi are obviously fighting the Sith while people are evacuating.

I would also like to volunteer myself for a writing position.
Kbrury

Sounds good to me we'll see what the others think. We'll probably need to limit how many people we will include by name in the story. One of the downfalls of the previous attempt was trying to get everyone and their mother into the story.

We will also need to decide if the story will be presented in which perspective, first, third, alternating, etc.

So far CMDR and Cluster have volunteered for writing, I also think Astral was interested in writing so three is fine for me if he wants to do it.

Clusterfact

Third-person narrating may be our only option. The problem with first-person narration is deciding who will be telling the story. Unless the characters were already in the same location when the story starts, many aspects of the story would be left out as one person can only be in one place at any given moment.

Alternating may just end up being a tad confusing, especially if we are going to be working with many view points. It may be possible to tell the story from a few first-person perspectives (different characters), but we would need to clearly distinguish when and who was narrating.

Of course, we could always invent a character who would be able to recount the key events of the story: someone who witnessed the formation of Pax Republica, but never joined (somewhat like Marius from Diablo II). This would be from a first-person point of view, so it may be more emotional, but we would be limited to what that character knows/senses.

$.02
Kbrury

I like your last suggestion, someone outside the organization who would tell the story. Maybe look at the timeline videos and Master Gnost Dural for inspiration. Technically if Pax Republica were to exist it would need a liason of some sort between it and the Republic.

CMDR Blue R

All right. My net is working well, so I can confirm this volunteering for writer position.

I also like option that someone outside Pax is telling story.
In 3rd Person story we must put "fact"... in story we can put also some mysterious thing. For example:
Azno* who himself kill 30 Siths (but some person know that he done it with squad, but he's only survivor.). Telling from outside allow to coloured the story.

But there is bigger question.
Are we going to create story from inside or from outside?
Meaning:
Outside - creating main, bigger thing and add smaller
Example. Episode 4
1. Rebellion fight with Empire and steal plans for supreme destruction weapon.
2. Empire try catch Princess Leia!
3. Robots escaped and get to farmer.
4. This farmer know old Jedi.
5. And he will become Jedi!

Inside - begun from small thing, going to bigger

Example. Episode 4
1. There is someone who will be Jedi!
2. But he don't know that his friend is a Jedi
3. But he buy robots which have message for Jedi. And Robots are chased by Empire!
4. They escaped from captured ship.
5. Ship belong to Princess Leia!
6. And she have a stolen plans of supreme destruction weapon.
7. She work for Rebellion, which fight with Empire!

I think creating from outside will be easier... I saw one time, that we've something like this, but I can't find this. It was something that PAX was created after Sacking of Coruscant, but creators meet 1st time in time of Sacking... I don't remember good that topic, but I remember that there was that topic

*Sorry Azno, but you was my first thought about someone like that.
Ps. Azno can see that post?

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: