Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Durstalph

re: Part Two "The Undertaking" PBP

Dash inspected the line of speeders and settled on a sleek racing swoop, as she was sure maneuverability would trump power in this terrain. She ran a hand over the frame, which someone had roughly repainted in forest camo, and smiled. As she swung herself over the saddle-like seat waves of nostalgia hit her, it had been years since she had last ridden, but it was true what they said, some things you just don't forget how to do, like riding a swoop.

She flicked the ignition and the engine came alive with a low hum. Someone had thoughtfully left a pair of goggles hanging from the handlebars, so she put them on. Easing on the throttle, she pulled into file with the rest of the group. It was quickly getting dark, soon all she could see of the riders ahead of her were Atka on his large swoop and the tail-lights of those farther in front speeding through the overgrown ruins.
Ysme

It was only a short walk through the rubble and vines to the rendevous point at the entrance. Vixi and here body guards slipped through the jungle with ease. Quickly and quietly.

On approaching she was stopped by a couple of heavily armed and armouredguards who seemed to apear out of nowhere. They waved her on in silence then disappeared back into the jungle and ruins.

Vixi moved on. She knew where she was going afterall. Just inside a half collapsed portal she saw a large figure facing her remove its helmet to reveal a wide grin.

"Vixi babe, long time!" The tone was half serious, half playful. She never could tell. But she knew he could be relied on as far as any merc. The man held out a hand. Vixi ignored it opting for a kiss instead. Wrapping her arms round his thick neck she pressed her lips to his for just so long. Enough to raise the pulse and leave her taste on his. But not too long. She knew it would do the job much much better.

"You're a bad boy, you've been hiding from me." She admonished.
"Hey look who's talking. You're more slippery than a sandsnatch to track down." The big man rumbled
"Well a girl's gottta have some privacy." She grinned up at the hulk.
"Are we good to go? perimeter defenses, and all those fun toys that go boom?"
"Sure thing Vixi, gotta keep you in here somehow." He smiled waiting to see if she'd react.

"Oh jedi bears and the fun club are on there way.I'm sure you boys won't be bored for long." She gave him another little kiss and slipped down off him.

"Package secured. Fully activate net." The big guy spoke into a comms link bracer. No longer smiling he put on his helmet and actvited something in his suite. I an instant his form seemed to vanish. Blending into the vegetation and ruins in the half light. Only his shadow gave him away.

"Ok, my boys follow me" Vixi went off with at a half jog, all hips and tits. Her soft curves swaying and bouncing within her tight shiny synskin suit.
Hart of Hircine

"Don't ask me it just swallowed me whole, must of been mentally dysfunctional btw it was it was one of the biggest Rancores my commander had ever seen. So it must of put me in it's mouth before chewing and I slipped down it's throat somehow." Ackonoy then went into the hatch and activated his shields and night vision on his helmet. He then aimed his gun into the darkness where he knew it wasn't were Thatch turned invisible."I think your right about the odor thing but wouldn't they come after us by now if they did, in like big numbers."
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch smirked to himself as he backed into the jungles of Taris, disappearing into the night. Poor Ackonoy...you thought I climbed to the hatch...you will be safe there till the teams arrive... Thatch's night vision illuminated the darkness and his stealth allowed him to move through the shadows without being seen. I said a fourth player was needed in this game...that did not include you...you Republic types may distrust me...and you may hate me...but we Fringe folk work in the shadows with our true colors hidden. Lets hope my father told them how I work...if not...I'll deal with it.

Hart of Hircine

"Well this is just Bull Rancore crap" Ackonoy said then waved his arm like get a get out of here motion. Ackonoy searched what he could through the ship. I found a few old blades and looked well intact. He didn't take them cause he didn't need them. He looked around as far back as he could and found many credits enough to repair his main Mandolorian armor. He went to his left and found what looked to be a safe room with the door still working condition. He opened by pressing an old button and then the button broke. He walked in and the door shut behind him so he need to be carefull with his rations and using the door again. He then got some much needed rest.
AstralProjection

“Hurry up everyone Acknoy and Thatch could be walking into a trap we don't have much time. Also keep your eyes open, all manner of creatures come out during the night."

Tarith heard Seiryuu’s orders and nodded in assent. He selected a swoop from the garrison’s reserves that appeared to suit his needs for the mission. It had the look of frequent use about it, but appeared in good working order. That should mean it not only functioned well, but was battle tested, and hopefully wouldn’t surprise him when he ventured out on Taris’ surface with the others. The Miraluka Jedi did not need swoop goggles, so he merely made sure his veil was tightly secured around his head before mounting the vehicle. Tarith powered up the swoop bike and checked that all systems were functional as he watched Tim, Seiryuu, and Atka speed off into the night in pursuit of their missing comrades.

Tarith let himself slowly relax in the waiting arms of the Force, feeling the swamps around him teeming with life forms. Life was truly incredible. To have such utter destruction visited upon this hapless system only a few standard lifetimes ago, and yet have such rebirth already amid these toxic, inhospitable ruins truly gave hope to any with the ability to see it. It didn’t take an Ithorian to realize that life would always find a way, even in the darkest of times, to retain a foothold, and eventually go on to thrive once again. Tarith clung to that notion for hope, as he sent his swoop hurtling off into the growing night.

Surely this was why the Republic had come back here, to this seemingly cursed place- to give hope to those who couldn’t see the healing ways of the Force, or perhaps more accurately, to give hope to those who feared what Sith destruction could unleash upon their homes. The thought made Tarith weary with sorrow for what destruction still lay in store for the citizens of the Republic as they fought this battle that continued to offer no end in sight. As the rotten trees and charred urban exoskeletons of buildings which, once proud enough to reach the sky, now lay hobbled and forgotten on the surface of Taris whizzed by his swoop, Tarith allowed himself a moment to hope for those would have to endure what was still to come.

Tarith followed the drive signatures of his comrades, speeding into the dusk, in search of Thatch and Ackonoy. Something felt off, as they set out deeper into the jungle, however. The force tugged at Tarith as he sped forward. Something was telling him what they sought was not where they were headed. Still, the mission was important, and recovering missing troops was a valuable task, and coincided with his oath to protect the life of his compatriots. As the ruins of Taris flew by Tarith in a blur, he could hear the nonsensical, guttural growlings of Rakghouls, growing louder with each passing minute as dark fell more heavily upon them. He hoped they could avoid contact with the foul creatures. While he did not fear them, he was not foolish enough to think he couldn’t become their prey, as many skilled warriors had undoubtedly done before him. As they neared the wrecked cruiser that was the object of their search, Tarith decided to speak up, and confer with his comrades on the mission.

Tarith flipped up the switch on his swoop and activated its internal comlink. He voiced his concern to the other members of his team. “Fellows, I cannot help but feel that while our comrades lay ahead, our quarry lies elsewhere, most likely preparing for our arrival with each passing moment. While we need all of our resources for this mission, perhaps we should scout out some of the other points of interest indicated by our initial reconnaissance. Should we perhaps split up, in the interest of locating our missing contact, or, better yet, the object of our journey to this wounded planet? I would gladly take any assignment, it is merely a suggestion. Astran out.”

Tarith would gladly venture forth as a part of any group the mission leaders wished, but it seemed like perhaps they were sending too many in search of two heavily armed, and experienced fighters, when the object of their search likely awaited them elsewhere. He continued to follow his team’s drive signatures in silence, as the ruins and dank overgrowth of the Taris surface sped by him, patiently awaiting a response.

Tim was still deep in thought when he heard the comlink talk: “Fellows, I cannot help but feel that while our comrades lay ahead, our quarry lies elsewhere, most likely preparing for our arrival with each passing moment. While we need all of our resources for this mission, perhaps we should scout out some of the other points of interest indicated by our initial reconnaissance. Should we perhaps split up, in the interest of locating our missing contact, or, better yet, the object of our journey to this wounded planet? I would gladly take any assignment, it is merely a suggestion. Astran out.”

Tim just had to disagree with the Miraluka: "If I may say, I must disagree. Night is very close. There are worse things than Rakghouls here at night. If we aren't to get shelter for the night, or at least an easily defendable position, I suggest we stay together. I know the landscape here well, so getting lost will not be a problem." Tim then stopped talking to think. "I just hope, that if we do continue, that I don't loose my nerves like last time. That night still haunts me." He started talking again: "I would suggest getting our comrades first though. The nights here are dangerous to all, even the best warriors, Jedis or smugglers. While we may be safe, at least relatively safer than lone "walkers", they are ceartianly not. Therefore I suggest continuing to the downed ship. Commando Maselj out." And with that he waited for a response.
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch moved through the brush using his night vision and senses to guide him. He hadn't stopped since he abandoned Ackonoy at the skeletal ship but could smell the foul stench of Rahkgouls nearby. He climbed up into a bombed out building and drew his knife. He moved quickly as a groan nearby his entrance alerted him he was being tailed. Stang...They picked up my scent quicker than I calculated...Thatch followed the round corridor making light thuds on the panels. Through his night vision he could see the crumbling walls, sagging roof and debris littering his path. He leapt up an open air shaft and began to climb as a blood curdling howl rang out through the floor. He climbed hard and fast using his knife at some points for extra grip until he came to a block near a grate. He kicked out the vent, tumbled through the opening in the wall, recoiled, replaced the grate and welded it shut using low powered bolts from his pistol. He then took a fallen door panel and wedged it between the grate and the adjacent wall. He breathed hard, his pulse was racing, his nerves beginning to lose their calm and panic creeping in. Calm down Thatch...Calm down...just like the wastes of NalHutta...calm down...breathe...breathe...He breathed out momentarily calming himself and moved quickly to one of the rooms with a cracked door. He squeezed into the old apartment and forced the door shut with a heavy scrape then took his pistol and welded the door shut. He couldn't feel a breeze and did not smell the rot of Rakghouls. Well...this wasn't one of your best ideas...but you made your choice...so now you gotta see it through. After....After a little rest. He switched off his stealth and night vision resting against a bulkhead facing the door with his shotgun in his hands then drifted off to sleep.

Kbrury

"We'll stick together for now and search for our comrades, the contact is most likely dead already he is secondary at this point," Seiryuu ordered. "It's a little late to bring this up but won't our speeders attract all the wildlife to us? It might be best to go on foot soon so that we don't lead these creatures right to our comrades, what do you guys think?" Seiryuu asked.

Arkathos

As the company sped through the ruins of the once proud city, Seiryuu, who had slowed his speeder down started speaking into his com link.

"We'll stick together for now and search for our comrades, the contact is most likely dead already he is secondary at this point. It's a little late to bring this up but won't our speeders attract all the wildlife to us? It might be best to go on foot soon so that we don't lead these creatures right to our comrades, what do you guys think?"

Gaiutus stretched his mind as far as he could to feel the heartbeats of those around him. He could feel the hum of the speederbike engines and the beating of the hearts of his companions, but he also felt something else. The irregular beat of many hearts heavy with thick blood.

"Seiryuu, you are right - it is a little late to bring it up. Dismounting now would be wisest, I sense we are not alone."

He guided his speeder off to the side of the roadway they traveled upon and powered it down. Stepping off the footrests he scanned his surroundings and reached out once again to find their quarry. He felt it wouldn't be of much use as he was certain that the creatures would find them first.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: