Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dukha

re: Part Two "The Undertaking" PBP

"Thought you guys would appreciate a splash of colour on this little tour of Taris. If you all reach into to locker under your seats you'll find a Hello Mando Discovery Tours sticker in a specially prepared gift pack. Please use the pen to write your name in the space on the sticker and make sure you display it loud and proud where everyone can see it. We don't want to be losing any of you down there."

As the bounty hunter fell silent a hint of a smile could be seen on Sharras face but apparently the speech did not merit a reply, atleast for now. Nor did the entrance of Ysme warrant any reaction. Eyes still closed Sharra simply listened to the zabraks words, keeping whatever she thought or felt to herself.

With a muffled thud the bounty hunter landed the ship on the surface of Taris, quickly and efficently switching the dropships engines off, then stood up and walked over to the door. With a hiss it opened, revealing the humid jungle of Taris. Sharra stod up and walked over to the ramp leading down to the ground.

"Welcome to Taris boys and girls, and remember please don't feed the animals or drink the water."

Sharra gave the bounty hunter a quick glance, then stepped off the ship, looking around at the foreboding treeline.

Not bothering with looking at him she started speaking.

"Your file says your name is Nikk Varr." Same tone of voice as before, neutral, calm, emotionless. "You need better jokes, Nikk Varr".

Viewed trough the Force only the blind will cling to that notion. Its calm surface is but an illusion, hiding a never ending and brutally savage battle for survival. In such things you will know that peace is a lie and all things are driven by passion. - Sith Lord Sharra Vane on the Sith Code
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch gazed up at the sky and saw distant birds flying between the buildings. He unstrapped his shotgun from his leg and carried it in his hands as they strode through the debris speckled path. He spoke over his shoulder to Ackonoy.

"Hammerhead class Cruisor...eight turbo batteries...a few fighters...few hundred crew...what else do we know about it. "

AstralProjection

Tarith Astran sat in a closed room at the small Republic outpost that his team had traveled to following their landfall on Taris. His senses outstretched, feeling the connected web of life that the force formed around him, seeing the dark, standard military issue quarters that surrounded him, vision expanding to produce images of the surrounding outpost that he had pictured on his way in. He could feel the pain and suffering that clung to the planet itself in even greater acuity now that he had set foot on the planet’s surface.

There were strange forces at work here; unnatural forces. Rakghouls wandered the jungles and collapsed ruins of Taris’ once proud cityscapes. Something worse still lurked in the darkness. He could feel it as his meditative self stretched further out into the biosphere, probing and searching for answers that the Force held for him. His team had already encountered a pack of rakghouls on the way to the outpost. Tarith had stopped to report in to Master Bain upon landing, only to discover after a rendezvous with his companions that they had already found conflict so briefly after venturing forth on Taris. The young Miraluka was disappointed that he had missed the opportunity to defend his newfound comrades, but duty to the Council could not be forgotten, and he was confident this group could handle much more than a simple rakghoul assault, ferocious though they may be. The smugglers and troopers he had been commiserating with on the shuttle to the surface were armed to the teeth, and it would take a crafty rakghoul indeed to reach them before a salvo of blasterfire made short work of them. The Jedi on this mission were even more experienced than he; certainly the encounter was a nuisance, at best.

Tarith probed further, searching for signs in the darkness, searching for some trace of this Zeltron that may be hidden on the planet’s surface. Soon, however, Tarith became weary of his continually fruitless search, and the sound of rapid footsteps roused him back to standard consciousness. Apparently, it was time to move out. Tarith rose to his feet, and brushed the dust of the neglected barracks off his robes. He affixed his veil over his bare eyesockets once again, and strode out into the corridor, to see his companions mustering in area outside. Before he even reached the courtyard, his sensitive hearing caught wind of his comrades conversations.

What is happening now Seiryuu?" Kryad asked.

"Now we go after those who walk blindly into trouble.", Gaiutus said as he walked by, affixing his gaze in the direction they likely took. "We need to move quickly because the longer we wait, the more likely it'll be dark before we find them - and that does not bode well at all for any of us."

Tarith sighed as he joined the group. “Greetings, team. Sadly, my meditative efforts continue to prove fruitless. Information about the one we seek seems to be elusive, at best, from what I can divine through the Force. I take it our overly-enthusiastic companions from the descent to the surface took it upon themselves to do some “exploring” of their own?” the Jedi asked, to no one in particular, but hoping to get a bit more direction from the two Jedi leading the mission.

He silently made sure that his light armor plates were tightly secured under his robe, his comlink was in one of his pockets, and that his two lightsabers still hung reliably at his hips, as they always did. “I will be ready to move, swiftly, and silently. Tell me where I am needed the most, for I am at your disposal,” Tarith said with a bow of his head to the other Jedi.

Just then, he saw Atka, and a new trooper he had never seen before emerge from the outpost’s armory. He must’ve been a trooper stationed here on Taris. Tarith made a note to introduce himself later, when time wasn’t of the essence. “Well, then. I think we're about ready," He said to no one in particular. Then, turning to Tim: "Have any speeders we can use?" Tarith certainly hoped they did. Even as swiftly as he could move, it would take time to locate the others in the jungle, especially if they were hoping to do so before nightfall.

Nightfall…Tarith watched as the horizon dimmed, ever-so-subtly, ever-so slowly, with each passing moment, and fought back a sense of foreboding. He was not afraid of the dark. Tarith didn’t see light the way his companions did- but that did not stop him from feeling concern for his newly met friends. He swore to his master he would preserve life first, and charge into battle only as a last resort. If they lost some of their party already, he was off to a very bad start, indeed. The life of a Jedi was never simple, was it? Tarith chuckled inside to himself. Life and the universe themselves were far from simple, why should he expect his own to be any different? He centered himself, one point of light, in a universe of burning, flickering candles, stretched out by the trillions across the galaxy, and prepared to set out in search of his missing friends, at the command of the Jedi leading the mission.

Vixi strutted from the remains of her ship with her retinue in tow. It was a Scimitar stealth transport but it didn't look like much of anything now.

All dressed in uniforms specially chosen by Vixi for there utility and visual appeal. The helmets did detract a little as they were all hand picked for there looks aswell as their "other" talents. Some even had combat training. But more importantly they all knew who was boss, were completely loyal and dedicated to one purpose only. To serve Vixi in whatever way she wished. And Vixi did have a lot of wishes.

The thought sent a little smile across Vixi's pouty lips. She brushed her hands onver the synskin outfit that she'd chosen for herself and sent a shiver over her own skin at her touch. It really was like a second skin. She loved feeling naked. The syn skin performed many and various nifty little functions too.

She refused to put on a stupid helmet. It would ruin her hair.

She opened her new favourite toy, a wrist mounted data pad with holo projector and flashed up the holocron thingy she'd found here a number of months ago. She'd now cross referenced the shape and some of the symbols with the original map that led her to it in the first place.

She needed more though before she could unlock all the goodies that were hidden inside the holocron. She knew it was a holocron. But noone she'd shown it to knew anything about it. It must have been really old. Knowing that both the Jedi and the Sith were after it as well just made it so much more exciting. She hadn't had so much fun in,...well ever !

This was better than Zeltron Funclubbing on gliterstim

She signalled the team to move out into the ruins.

They were close pretty from what she could remember. The air was steamy with overgrown vegetation, insects buzzed in and out of hearing. A distant cry of some creature set the team on edge.
Ysme

"There are others here. As before. I sense them"

Ysme strode down the ramp ignoring the guide and the Vane woman who had almost cost them the entire mission last time. Brushing past both she looked out into the landscape of broken ruins hidden beneath a chaotic mass of vegetation. She smelt the air. Sensing the different lifeforms nearby.

"Let's hope your "research" can provide us with something a little less obvious. Tell me Vane, what are the likely ruins here, where this Vixi girl might be heading? Let her lead us to it"

The red clad zabrak then appeared to close her eyes and concentrate on something for a moment.
Kbrury

Will these be sufficient?" the Trooper said.

"This should be more then enough" Seiryuu replied, "hurry up everyone Acknoy and Thatch could be walking into a trap we don't have much time. Also keep your eyes open, all manner of creatures come out during the night."

Hopping onto one of the Speeders, Seiryuu proceeded towards the coordinates he received as the team followed behind him. There was only about half an hour of sunlight left and the team was now in an enviroment we had little knowledge about. "Great" , Seiryuu thought to himself.

Markis. D Thatch

As Thatch and Ackonoy crested a small knoll there in front of them was the wreckage of the ancient cruiser. Green moss hung from crevices of the skeletal frame. The left gun turrets had been sheared off while the right turrets had been bent in opposite directions and charred black. The bottom portion of the ships head had been smashed into the ground with the frame supporting the rest of the bridge. Glass from the bridge looked intact but upon looking further behind the massive hammer, the ribs of the ship were visible and open to the air of Taris. Moss and creepers hung about the remains of the ship. Its engines had been blown to pieces and the majority of the hull destroyed. Only the partial destroyed hammer and portions of the neck and belly remained fully intact but in poor shape.

Thatch looked up at the massive skeleton and attached a glow rod to the end of his shotgun. "Well...I don't see anyone else around..." Looks up to the sky and notices it getting darker. "I think we best steal ourselves into the wreckage...and hope for a sealed corridor. I think Rakghouls hunt better at night..." He began to walk to the wreckage and activated his glow rod.

Hart of Hircine

"I wouldn't of activated that glow rod. Don't these creatures see through smell or something, when light is made it means some type of physical or chemical process is happening and those processes make slight smells!"

Ackonoy walked with Thatch up to the Hammer as Ackonoy interrupted one of Thatch's next sentences "I don't know I just got a bad feeling about this!"((Trying to create some sort dialogue options!))
Dukha

"Let's hope your "research" can provide us with something a little less obvious. Tell me Vane, what are the likely ruins here, where this Vixi girl might be heading? Let her lead us to it"

There is a sudden flare of emotion within Sharras eyes, a powerful blaze of rage quickly brought under control. When she replies it is with the same calm voice as before.

"The datapad I retrieved..." Short pause, almost impercetible emphasis on the the last two words, then she continues. "...indicated a large building complex, once one of Taris numerous skyscrapers, now more or less buried. Crossreferencing that with more current information confirms it. There are other options but that is the most likely."
She falls silent, a hint of a smile, not entirely pleasant passes across her face.

"Oh and Ysme..." Voice no longer emotionless, anger gives it a cold edge. "I sense there is something else troubling you. Care to spit it out or will my stay at this lovely graveyard be further enhanced by your continued condescension?"

Viewed trough the Force only the blind will cling to that notion. Its calm surface is but an illusion, hiding a never ending and brutally savage battle for survival. In such things you will know that peace is a lie and all things are driven by passion. - Sith Lord Sharra Vane on the Sith Code
Ysme

Voice no longer emotionless, anger gives it a cold edge. "I sense there is something else troubling you. Care to spit it out or will my stay at this lovely graveyard be further enhanced by your continued condescension?"

Ysme opened her eyes but stayed completely still focussing on whatever it was that she was looking for. Her reply was in her familiar soft voice edged with command.

" Save your anger for those you can defeat, Sharra Vane. What is it exactly that leads you to think that that building is the most likely one?"

She waved the others outwards. Her pet Dashade shaking the ground with its bulk as it moved.
Markis. D Thatch

"I don't know I just got a bad feeling about this!"
Thatch rolled his eyes as they neared the wreckage and the glowstick began to become more luminescent in the growing darkness.

"A scared Mandolorian? Never hunted with one of those before. A cautious one maybe but never one who wasn't sure of what they were getting into."

Thatch stopped as they reached the head of the ancient cruiser and began to walk around it shining his light at the husk of a ship for any openings inside. "You could always go back to the group if you can't handle the hunt." Thatch noticed a torn hatch on the back side of the hammer command bridge.

Hart of Hircine

"I'm not scared! I'm a Death Chaser, why do you think I came out here in medium combat armor and enough weapons to take on a small Sith base all on my own."Ackonoy stared Thatch down as he walked around and as Ackonoy followed. "I probably faced more creatures and other obstacles in my life then you did with the Hutts. Btw you probably never faced a Rancore as it swallowed you alive. That story gave me glory but I got out by mere luck because my sonic detonator decided to go off while in it's throat and the only way to save my ass, was the only thing I could touch on my equipment and those were my shields. Next thing you know the Rancore died of massive indigestion and I'm sitting on the ground in shock with only a few cuts and my armor torn to bits!"
timaselj

As they were driving trough the ruins and jungle, Tim though to himself: "What drove those two to abandon the group? Are they stupid? Or maybe they are traitors?" He let out a loud sigh, but it was of course muffeled by the sound of the speeder's engine. "Maybe they just think they can handle it on their own? Or they know something they did not want the others to know as well?" Another sigh. "I hope we find them before dark no matter why they left. They don't know the dangers of Tarises nightlife." He then concentrated on not killing himself with the speeder. Although it was modified for the terrain, you still had to pilot it carefully...
Atka Talin

Atka examined one of the speeders, as Seiryuu and Tim sped off. He decided on a swoop that would have the speed he wanted, and the maneuverability. Plus, it had a nice paint job. As Atka got on, the swoop sunk under the weight of his armor and weaponry. Then stabilizing itself and floating back up to its designated height, Atka pulled the clutch and kicked the gearshift.

The drone of the swoop bike's engines ringing through his helmet, Atka sped around trees, bushes, fallen logs, and random pieces of concrete, steel, and other materials. Passing over a makeshift bridge, Atka looked down at the water rushing by below. With the others around him, Atka felt more secure, but night was falling; the last rays of the sun were falling through the trees.

For some reason, he doubted the night would pass without incident.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch listened to Ackonoy's story and mulled it over in his head. Rancor's CHEW their food. No armor, no matter how tough, could stand up to a Rancor's jaws. Well perhaps the armor itself...but the weak joints wouldn't last and the shear pressure would crush you...not to mention the mere fact of being swallowed...I don't buy that at all. He looked up to the hatch again and extinguished his glow rod. Thatch reached behind his neck, pulled on his hood and activated the night vision setting. He strapped the shotgun to his thigh again, and slipped his gloves on.

"You say the beasts can smell the glow rod? I think they would smell our body odor way before then. " He activated his stealth generator and began to merge with the growing darkness.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: