Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Kbrury

re: Part Two "The Undertaking" PBP

Seiryuu goes over his mission to himself as he and his team are being transported by shuttle.

It's been about a month since the encounter on Nar Shaddaa, many questions remain unanswered about Vixi and whatever she has in her possesion. Jedi Scholars theorize that the Holocron we described originated from Revan's Empire a few centuries ago. This kept Republic Officials interested for a time even though no leads could be found on Vixi and her whereabouts. With reassignment staring the team down the mission looked like it would be closed. Luckily Vixi's Ship popped up out of nowhere in Taris Space, Agents in the field have confirmed her presence.

Now that we had our lead the team is being sent to Taris which has become contested between the Republic and the Empire over the last couple of years. The Republic hopes to restore Civilization to the ruins of Taris while the Empire plans to prevent it.

In the shadows the formidable enemy from Nar Shaddaa will probably show up as well. Known as Kajidic, a crime organization operating within the Empire and they are after Vixi as well. Whatever Vixi is planning will surely catch everyone's attention once again.

Last edited by Kbrury on January 3, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atka Talin

Atka Talin woke in his helmet. Slowly he cracked one eye, and peered through his visor. Then he examined the lines of text constantly rolling and updating. A Corellian beat rammed against his ears. He yawned and thought about the events of just a month ago:
Atka had been sent to Nar Shadaa on a mission. It was supposed to a simple snatch and grab, but that idea blew up in everyone's faces. See, the target, Vixi, was dangling a large snack between to very power hungry governments. When we were sent in, the Empire had sent some of its Agents, too. They were specifically from the criminal organization, Kajidic.

Kajidic were filled with some of the smartest and darkest foes in the galaxy. On that mission, it sure was shown. I dont think the empire expected our team's numbers, if any. Nevertheless, we had the greater numbers, but they had surprise. No one walked away with the target.

After Nar Shadaa, Atka had spent a week recovering in bacta and a med bay. They were replacing his arm. See, lightsaber burns dont cut and saw like a normal blade, they just burn straight through anything. Sure, it was a "clean" wound, but it hurt like hell. After the surgery, Atka walked away with a military-grade IO-2400. It had all the strength and more of his origional arm. It had optional feeling and skin synthesizer, and it had every little edition Atka could tinker into it.

Now that he was back with the gang, shipping out to another mission, Atka felt a deep sense of nostalgia. He removed his helmet and looked into it's visor. Cold, black, and anonymous. Atka had learned of the years that what he was was an asset, just a "tin-can in a garbage masher". He sure hoped that wasn't true.

Atka came back out of his thoughts to once again stare at his helmet. A near-faded lipstick imprint lay to one corner of his visor. They were undertaking another dangerous mission, chasing the same spoiled-ass girl across the galaxy. He lost the fight in the dark, but he didn't intend to again.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch leaned backward in his seat, the cuffs from his black duster partially obscuring his face as he rhythmically flipped a scratched wupiupi coin into the air with his fingers, caught it and then repeated. His slightly long red hair hung down over his face not quite over his eyes but the hair on the back of his head extended down to the middle of his neck. He wore a dark grey shirt and black and grey camo pants with custom boots. Next to him rested a massive duffel bag with all of his tools and weapons. His green eyes starred off into the bulkhead as he thought about his assignment to the squad.

I've been sent on a mission with them? My Hutt family has done good business with the jedi forces...but after Nar Shaddaa...now I'm the insurance of continued support from my father? I work alone...what was he thinking. Doesn't matter...i'm getting paid for my services. I've got my training and my stealth...no one escapes me...Ill show these republic chumps what a smuggler like me can do

Thatch continued flipping the coin as he looked to Atka. He smirked as he saw the faded lipstick on the troopers helmet.

"Kiss from an old girlfriend soldier?"

Last edited by Markis. D Thatch on October 31, 2010 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Durstalph

Dash sat silently trying to calm her nervousness by checking her gear a third time, but nothing helped. She had been in her fair share of scrapes, and had the scars to prove it, but this mission was looking to be a full scale military operation and she was beginning to feel more than a little in over her head. Jedi, Sith, this Kajidic organization, it all had the ends of her lekku tingling, and she had learned a long time ago that the tingling meant it was best to keep a sharp eye open because danger was close.

Dash looked over at Atka's huge armored frame sitting next to her, she'd read the mission reports from the failed snatch and grab attempt on Vixi, and had been impressed by the trooper's combat abilities. He had fought two sith and lived to fight another day, even if he had lost an arm in the fight he was still tough and lucky, two things a smuggler like her could appreciate. When things got bad, and she knew they would, she planed on sticking to the big man like glue.

Kiss from an old girlfriend soldier?

Dash looks up and gives Markis a wry smile. She's not sure what to make of the man, but she can smell another smuggler a parsec away. "Didn't you know, women find the Big Guy here irresistible?" She says, giving Atka a wink and a light elbow to the ribs.

Checking her chronometer, she looks at Seiryuu, "We should be there soon, want to run through the plan one more time?"
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch smirked and looked at the young Twi'lek.
"Aren't you a little young to be on an operation like this? By your looks you aren't a jedi...and by your outfitting you aren't a soldier...leaving just...one....smuggler."

Markis pocketed the scratched coin and crossed his arms still smirking at the Twilek.

"Names Thatch...Markis D. Thatch....miss?"

Last edited by Markis. D Thatch on October 31, 2010 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Hart of Hircine

On Nar Shadda was one of Azno's odd times. He was undercover as a citizen of Nar Shadda and had first major blow done to him in a long time! When Ysme showed him, her memories of the darkside and nearly killing him showing him mercy and none of her other victims.

Now Azno on Taris and with his hair grown out long(to the shoulders)and it was wild and looked unwell groomed! he was still pacing back and forth in his mind between his duties as a Jedi, his Mandolorian honor from childhood, and the imparted memories that the zabrak placed in his head! The only thing that would bring to him was frustration. Sitting on his knees in the far corner of the place they were in. Azno whispered "I know I'm only a knight do to my skill........but why did I fail and why......that." Azno then growled of anger under his breathe saying "That monster, she showed know dignity or mercy to her opponets and why cause of some code name somewhat like mine with maybe a similar past. Maybe I guess the those scumbags are at it again with the sick creation of a crafty non noticeable weapon of war!" Azno then yelled "If not then what and why can't I let this go!" Then Azno tried calming himself down!
Ysme

The scimitar class transport sped silently through space
Unheard, undetected thanks to its stygium cloaking device.

It's coordinates were set for Taris, but the pilot had set a little detour through a nearby meteor field to relieve a little of the boredom

The entire ship rocked the vibration of the beat pumping through the intercom system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjho-zVgDXo&feature=related

"Wooooo" Vixing shouted as as the new shot of gliterstim hit her senses.

"Flyin Vixi style,...it's the only way to go boy's........ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" The ship swooped through the meteor field. Vixi in the pilot seat. Thumb planted squarely over the ionization canons fire button. A constant steam of power blasting out into the any obstructions ahead. The canons blasted a path clear through.

Vixi cried with delight as she saw a meteor disintergrate just a few nanoseconds before she sped through the space that it once filled. Debris bouncing and burning off the shields.

This thing was one hell of a piece of junk. Ok one hot 55 million credits worth piece of junk but dam this was too much fun. She could get the guy another one if this one broke. He probabaly didn't even know it was gone yet.

Vixi smiled to herself sweeping the crate around a huge meteor before going full blast at another, smaller one straight ahead.

"Hutt dam, I miss racing my poddy" She said with a laugh
Ysme

Another craft, same destination but an all together different trajectory slipped silently through the void.

The silence of her meditation sphere was comforting,healing. A necessary respite from the psychic babble that ate away at the edges of her being and threatenend to overflow into the darkest recesses of her mind.

The silence gave her the space and luxury of time to think, to study, to reflect. It was also a part of her deeper training. Not of her physical talents but of her mental ones. Her abilities in wielding the force were growing still even now. Perhaps that was why she had not been executed by her master on her return from the last mission. perhaps he had seen the unlimited potential that she possessed. She had no doubt that she was much stronger than even him. Her presence was clearly of more use to him than a threat, at present. She would need to keep this in mind. her use to him was clearly growing but his use to her was dimishing rapidly. His failure had been far far greater than hers. For she had returned with knowledge previously unknown, if not with the girl herself. However he had shown favour, and weakness in letting her live. Another chance he called it. Ysme knew there were no second chances in the Sith doctrine. A mistake that would be useful when the time came.

The records of the holocron had proved most interesting. For holocron was what it surely was. The markings were alien, ancient beyond the time and experience of even the oldest of Sith Scholars. But one thing was determined. The girl Vixi had most likely taken this item from a location on Taris. The fact that she was now heading to Taris confirmed that. The girl would show them what she knew and where she found it. She would be their guide whether willing or not. In the same way that artefact the girl had taken called out to Ysme in the darkness.

Now dressed for landing in her tight shiny red battle dress, thigh high boots and cape, Ysme pressed the ships intercom.

"Landing party report to lower deck,....... ready for battle." her cool, confident tones filled he ship with presence.
Durstalph

Dash looked up at Thatch, he was obviously a smuggler too which made her feel a little better. Jedi were foreign to her and troopers sometimes felt like cops, but smugglers she could figure out. "Daili, but you can call me 'Dash', just like everybody else does. And you're right, I'm a smuggler, or at least I used to be before I turned freedom fighter and joined this lot. I take it you're not too different than me, on the smuggler part I mean, you have that same feel of belonging everywhere yet nowhere, am I right?"
Kryad Explo

Kryad sat in his seat checking his sniper, rifle and pistol. No errors with any gun. He went for some ammo and his armor. He strapped on his armor.

"Being nice boy? Under the war? Wow first time I seen a smuggler has been it."

Markis. D Thatch

"Daili, but you can call me 'Dash', just like everybody else does. And you're right, I'm a smuggler, or at least I used to be before I turned freedom fighter and joined this lot. I take it you're not too different than me, on the smuggler part I mean, you have that same feel of belonging everywhere yet nowhere, am I right?"

Thatch closed his eyes and breathed out a heavy sigh.

"I live in the moment...thats all we've got...to plan ahead is to set a permanant course but in this galaxy your luck can change on the drop of a trugget. I go where my heart tells me to go...and where the most profit can be made..."

Thatch turned his gaze to Dash once again.
" Freedom fighter though?...Sorry to burst your bubble...im here under the orders of my Hutt father...But how did you come to be thrown in with these gentlemen? "

"Being nice boy? Under the war? Wow first time I seen a smuggler has been it."

Thatch heard Kryad's words and turned to face the older man.

" Now you I have heard mentioned by my father before, Kryad...but to answer your question...just because we are in a war doesn't mean we can't be somewhat civilized but don't mistake "being nice" for getting chummy. "

Thatch unfolded his arms and reached into his duffel bag searching through its contents for something.

Arkathos

He sat quietly in one of the cabins aboard the transport. His eyes closed, facing towards the vastness of space, legs crossed, mind open and stretching. Gaiutus had been following the teams progression since they first landed on Nar Shadaa and reports were filing in. This time, he wanted to be with his comrades when they went after Vixi. The skills of his friends had been proven to him countless times during the sacking of Coruscant some years ago and he looked ever forward to standing with them again.

As he listened to the conversations outside his room he considered their mission, and their circumstance. One crazy woman running rampant around the galaxy causing chaos and, for lack of better words, stress for both major factions; the Empire and the Republic. Maybe it was wishful thinking but his desire for peace made him wonder if one common enemy could perhaps bring a modicum of understanding and unity between two foes. But the Empire only spoke of peace when it was necessary and in their best interest, but then again, wasn't this?

"at least I used to be before I turned freedom fighter and joined this lot." The words echoed within his mind...Freedom... something that came at a high price. Peace was not indicative of freedom, for you can be unchained but still be in conflict. The Republic even before its war and capitulation under the Empire was squabbling in petty politics - so really freedom was subjective at best, for while they would one day be free from oppressions yolk, they would always be in conflict. But not chaos...for there was no chaos but only harmony.

Gaiutus considered walking out to greet those who had joined under his flag during and following Coruscants surrender, however he decided against it. For now he'd sit and listen to hear what everyone else had to say on the mission. He opened his eyes seeing a dark room illuminated only by the stars outside his port window. Taris...closing his eyes he returned to his meditation, shutting out the pain which pulsed from that planet.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Atka Talin

Atka watched the interplay between the people on board. Gaiutus Balthar, a man Atka highly respected, sat quietly out of the way, meditating.

The smugglers chatted away, until Kryad piped in. That was destined for trouble, because he had an amazing tendency to refer to people as "boy", a term which a rogue wouldnt care for.

Atka leaned back and rubbed his eyes, trying to be as relaxed as Gaiutus. He wast restless, and needed something to do.
The soldier stood up, and looked around at the assorted faces. So many different people, of so many different cultures, and species, all working in tandem.

"...just because we are in a war doesn't mean we can't be somewhat civilized, but don't mistake "being nice" for getting chummy. "

Atka decided to interject before things got worse.
"You're right. There is no reason not to be civilized, when possible. I'm actually kind of surprised to hear that from a scoundrel like you, Markis. Just remember, honor is a fine thing. Just dont let it get the best of you."

Atka clenched his left fist.

"I'll be in the cockpit. I'm going to prep the NAV for our final decent."
Atka nodded his head to Dash, and proceeded to the cockpit. He stood in front of the NAV computer. Atka replaced his battle worn helmet, sealing himself in. He activated his stereo again, and a random piece of music came on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uyF_RoXAQg

Atka started to tap the controls, preparing the transport to come out of lightspeed, and to direct the pilots to the designated landing zone. After he was done, Atka leaned against the bulkhead, and gazed out at the stars whipping by.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Durstalph

" Freedom fighter though?...Sorry to burst your bubble...im here under the orders of my Hutt father...But how did you come to be thrown in with these gentlemen? "

Dash returned Atka's nod and watched him leave for the cockpit before turning her attention back to Thatch, who continued to rummage through his bag. "A Hutt gangster? Do I even want to know why you're here? As for me, I'm just helping a friend pay off a debt. You see the Old Man, who took me on as his apprentice and showed me the ropes, paid off all his debts before he retired, except one. The guy he owes is apparently a big shot Jedi historian, and he wants to be sure that the Jedi get their hands on this holocron thingy but he's too busy to help get it himself, so he calls up the old man, but like i said the Old Man hung up his boots a while back, so the old man calls me up to see if I'll do it. I owe the Old Man big, so its not like I could say no. Besides, my ship is in dry-dock undergoing repair, so its not like I've got anything better to do."
Markis. D Thatch

"You're right. There is no reason not to be civilized, when possible. I'm actually kind of surprised to hear that from a scoundrel like you, Markis. Just remember, honor is a fine thing. Just dont let it get the best of you."

Thatch ceased his rummaging for a few moments and nodded at Atka with a smile.

" Appreciated...don't worry about me...takes a lot to get under my skin. "

Turning back to his duffel bag he spoke to Dash while he continued to search.
" A debt to an Old Spacer huh? I admire the sense of duty...rare in our line of work...average smuggler would have told their mentors to get spaced"

"A Hutt gangster? Do I even want to know why you're here?"

Thatch let out a grunt of success and struggled to pull out a flask from his duffel bag. As the container flew out of a side pocket so did a small holo disk. The holo disk clattered to the floor rolling to Dash's feet, activating its image. In it was a family of three. A tall muscular man wearing a dockworkers uniform with dark brown hair held a small toddler with dark red hair and dark green eyes. The toddler was smiling up at his father who was smiling right back at him. On the mans left side stood a slender woman with bright red hair. She too wore a dock workers uniform and was holding the toddlers hand with a massive smile, gazing up to her husband and son.

As the image displayed Thatch shot to his feet dropping his flask in his seat stomping over to the disk, slightly infuriated.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: