Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Kbrury

re: Part Two "The Undertaking" OOC

Hey everyone so use this thread to come up with the setting and such of Part Two.

Also for members who are signing up, individuals I know who will be active will be given priority so that the PBP can run smoothly. So I will be taking your past RPing and activity on the forums into consideration.

Last edited by Kbrury on October 30, 2010 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Atka Talin

If I may say so here, I think we should go to a "neutral" planet again, and the best two in my mind are Tatooine and Hoth.

I think if we pick Hoth we should call it "Cold Fusion" or "Cold War"

On Tatooine it could be something else. I cant think of any names for it right now. Lol

Every artist was first an amateur.
Atka Talin

See, take action, and they may make you your own thread.

Now how about Atka's Badge of Awesome, which we can give away to the particularly awesome?

Kbrury

See post time. :P But anyways in terms of a planet I'm really liking Ilum and it's enviroment.

Kbrury

Let's get some ideas going everyone, nothing is out of the picture. :P
Atka Talin

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Illum

Thats Illum.
The only problem I find with Illum is that it is a Jedi place, where a major source of Lightsaber Crystals are found.
Basically, it is like Hoth, except a lot more Hard rock and mountains. Hoth has those, but Hoth has more Pure Glacial mountains, plains of snow, and Rock mountains do appear there, too.

The thing is, its not a neutral area. I cant think of a reason why Vixi would run for safety there. It would be an interesting twist, but harder to do.

Hoth is a warzone, where the Empire, Republic, and scavengers are. Hoth at this time has the skeletons of prototype ships and weapons, which their desolate halls could easily be turned into a base or HQ for any faction. What I like about this is, there would be resources from all sides. The Republic and the Empire have forces on the ground, and Vixi could take advantage of some of her friends. Maybe that Nautolan fellow we saw on her datapad is running a major scavenging operation there. I think it would be filled with awesome.

And Tatooine has Czrerka bases under the sand, plenty of thugs, and it seems like both sides would have to take a "small strike team" type approach. Thats why I suggested those two, because then we would have different feels of starting the PBP.

Hoth would be a major battle with more stuff, and Tatooine would be a smaller scale "dont screw up" kind of thing. And at both places Vixi would have plenty of lowlifes to throw around.

Who knows? Kajidic and Us proud Pax members may have to work together.

Kbrury

Read the SWTOR description of Ilum. :P

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets/ilum

Atka Talin

Everyone! Watch out for the...

BUMP

Dukha

<trips over the bump>

Ouch!

Hrmmm.... Anyhoo... How bout Taris?

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets/taris

While the description mostly talk about the Republics base there it gives the impression at the end that the Empire is there as well, thus it could be asumed that neither side would be at a disadvantage.

Besides, the whole thing could lead into the ruined Undercity (sounds like a pretty good place to find an old holocron) and could even naturally lead to a forced cooperation between us, as suggested by Atka, what with the rakghouls and everything wink

Anyways, just tossing it out there. Illum sounds like a pretty cool place though... Only thing I could offer against that would be that at some point one might wonder why we, the bad guys, simply dont call for a bunch of reinforcement from all those siths that apparently swarm the place.

Thats all I could think of right now, I'll check back after I've had a good days sleep tongue out

Viewed trough the Force only the blind will cling to that notion. Its calm surface is but an illusion, hiding a never ending and brutally savage battle for survival. In such things you will know that peace is a lie and all things are driven by passion. - Sith Lord Sharra Vane on the Sith Code
Hart of Hircine

Ilum pewy it's a sith controlled planet read it again kevin! Near the end it says the republic didn't have enough resources to launch a counter attack! So it's a Sith controlled place.

No offense Kajidic but I would like to use at least one more neutral planet before I get a sided planet!
Durstalph

Personally, I can't see Vixi going to someplace like Hoth or Taris on her own. Remember that Vixi is a master manipulator, she's going to flee to people, people she can manipulate into helping her.

I think a more civilized planet is where she would go, if she went off world at all. Frankly I think her going deeper into the shadows on Nar Shaddaa is most likely, but if she went off world, then I'd say someplace like Corellia, Hutta, or maybe even Coruscant. Someplace with powerful persons she could get to protect her, they don't even need to be criminals. Then we could get a rival power to help us obtain our objectives.

Who knows, maybe she's been shacking up with a prince on Alderaan.
Kbrury

Durstalph wrote:
Personally, I can't see Vixi going to someplace like Hoth or Taris on her own. Remember that Vixi is a master manipulator, she's going to flee to people, people she can manipulate into helping her.

I think a more civilized planet is where she would go, if she went off world at all. Frankly I think her going deeper into the shadows on Nar Shaddaa is most likely, but if she went off world, then I'd say someplace like Corellia, Hutta, or maybe even Coruscant. Someplace with powerful persons she could get to protect her, they don't even need to be criminals. Then we could get a rival power to help us obtain our objectives.

Agreed, I really like Corellia or maybe even Taris as a possible location.

Zabac

I agree with Atka it should be on Tatoonine it would make sense for Vixxi to go there since there is no republic influence there. Also although the sith do not have an official presence on Tat there is a small garrison of sith which could give Kajidic some more NPC's since we broke all their old ones.

Durstalph wrote:

I completely agree with you, she is manipulant, she needs someone to protect her, and it`s kind of hard to find such people on Hoth or Tantooine ^_^
Atka Talin

Well here is the thing,

Hoth is not the barren, episode 5 we know anymore. Its littered with the bodies of ships, and underground corporations like black sun would be there picking through the pieces, and both the Republic and the Empire would be there. There would be PLENTY of NPCs for us all to throw around. I think of these planets in the mindset of what purpose would Vixi have going there?
The answer to that could be that Nautolan that was on her datapad. He could be the head of a scavenging operation there. Who knows? Thats why I put it there. She could have a special base carved out of an ice mountain and a prototype ship from one of the factions. We could have vehicle aid in this, and there would be the fauna of Hoth getting in our way or providing help to us.

And Tatooine, well, It wouldnt be my biggest choice, because like Kbrury I dont want to delve into the unsaid lore of Czerka, but we could once again have that nautolan have a part in Vixi's actions. Tatooine is filled with lowlifes that she could use, and since the Republic stops there to resupply and all, and the Empire actually has a presence, there would be a more or less evenness in it. Vixi would go there to maybe have a transaction with someone on Tatooine, or maybe is trying to find refuge in some of the gangs.

Like Hoth, there would be a purpose for her to go there, and its out of the way of the bigger part of civilization, so she would think she could drop off the radar for a bit.

And Taris would be an interesting thing to think about. She may just have a MAP of the location of the holocron, and so Taris might work in that way. Rakghouls would be a fun tie in and all. Going from the top to the bottom. We might even start split up searching. That would be...interesting. Though, from what I've seen of PBPs, its better if everyone stays relatively together.

And corellia, its in my background, its Atka's home world, but I dont really want to go there because we just came from a very populated place, and I'd like to try something out of the bustle of the city.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: