Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kbrury

re: New RP Ideas

So we need to get a little more RP going on like we used to so I have one Idea that I think might work as I got the inspiration from TOR.

If you have been following all the info on TOR so far you will know that you can have friends play with you during the Class Stories but you will still make all the story decisions.

So I was thinking that we might be able to do that in RP. So for example one of us is on a quest to find our missing sister and a few of us choose to tag along to help. While everyone will have a little leeway when it comes to the plot the "Main Character" will ultimately move the story along.

Think of it like the Companion Stories in Mass Effect as well, its not your story but your helping a friend out with theirs so you feel more of a connection to complete it in the end.

So that's my idea tell me what you think and if you have any ideas post it here.

Zenorum

Yeah, definitely can't hurt, and it would be a nice way to RP that still benefits everyone.

It would be especially cool if we typically grouped with 1 person of each class, to get some different perspectives, and would allow access to all the different class stories Happy
Clusterfact

I'm 100% behind this idea! What do we need to do to get started?
Kbrury

If you would like, come up with a background story for a quest and we could form a team then go from their. Oh and I still need to read your story lol. :P

inknform

Sounds like a great idea, especially since one of things I wanted to be active with in the guild was the PbP, and yet time hasn't really permitted much of that.

As for a plot-line however, I figured maybe doing a story around the aftermath of the SoC might prove to be fun. It'll also give us some perspective for our "Guild Story". Figured maybe we could start out on a small scale just to see how it goes:

The troupe (undetermined number) is busy with relief efforts, in the wake of the attack on Coruscant, helping out in Medi-centers tending to the wounded and assisting in rebuilding destroyed areas. An increased and unaccounted for shortage of bacta begins surfacing. One (or a few) of the characters sees a child wandering the halls with a backpack slung over his shoulder and he seems to be scoping out the area. The character(s) try to flag him down, or maybe just shadow him staying unnoticed, and eventually follow him to Coruscant's Underground to a safehouse where they discover a huge cache of stolen medical supplies.

But...who or what are these supplies for? One only knows what secrets lie in the dark of the Undercity! Dun DUN DUUUUUN!!!

Obvsiously, if we decide to use this story, then the characters will have to discover all that on their own as it unfolds.

But, just a basic idea. What do you think?
Areku99

Here's mine:

A small camp of Mandalorians has been spotted on Tython, and its' patrols have been attacking passersby. Your team has been asked to destroy the camp. Sadly, the camp is not ALL Mandalorian, and it is probable you may know someone there---but remember---in this camp, everyone has weapons...some blasters, some swords, grenades, or an ancient weapon design that fires heated metal shards into the target....

Now...who wishes to charge into the gates of Hell itself with me? I'm headed there regardless...

ArekuGuru wrote:
Here's mine:

A small camp of Mandalorians has been spotted on Tython, and its' patrols have been attacking passersby. Your team has been asked to destroy the camp. Sadly, the camp is not ALL Mandalorian, and it is probable you may know someone there---but remember---in this camp, everyone has weapons...some blasters, some swords, grenades, or an ancient weapon design that fires heated metal shards into the target....

Now...who wishes to charge into the gates of Hell itself with me? I'm headed there regardless...

I do, I haven't done much RP in too long a time, count me in wink

Great idea Kbrury, I thought this one up if anyone is interested.

A Republic frigate carrying a group of Senators en route for meetings with the Jedi council has gone missing. With the bulk of the Fleet's either engaged in peacekeeping or border patrols the Supreme Chancellor has asked that the Jedi and any other volunteers out of Tython conduct a search and rescue.What could be responsible for a Republic ship going missing so deep in friendly territory?
Kbrury

inknform wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, especially since one of things I wanted to be active with in the guild was the PbP, and yet time hasn't really permitted much of that.

As for a plot-line however, I figured maybe doing a story around the aftermath of the SoC might prove to be fun. It'll also give us some perspective for our "Guild Story". Figured maybe we could start out on a small scale just to see how it goes:

The troupe (undetermined number) is busy with relief efforts, in the wake of the attack on Coruscant, helping out in Medi-centers tending to the wounded and assisting in rebuilding destroyed areas. An increased and unaccounted for shortage of bacta begins surfacing. One (or a few) of the characters sees a child wandering the halls with a backpack slung over his shoulder and he seems to be scoping out the area. The character(s) try to flag him down, or maybe just shadow him staying unnoticed, and eventually follow him to Coruscant's Underground to a safehouse where they discover a huge cache of stolen medical supplies.

But...who or what are these supplies for? One only knows what secrets lie in the dark of the Undercity! Dun DUN DUUUUUN!!!

Obvsiously, if we decide to use this story, then the characters will have to discover all that on their own as it unfolds.

But, just a basic idea. What do you think?

Pretty good so far Ink it's vague enough to where our story doesn't have to be finished yet to do it. Though one thing we might have to add is a connection to the story. Like I said if one of our characters holds a connection to something or someone in the mission it will hopefully drive everyone to complete it.

Aniel Redmoons

I'm liking this a lot. I'm fairly new to how you guys rp and such, but this could turn out to be a perfect tie in to our TOR characters. =)
Clusterfact

I'm still trying to think of a decent storyline that would translate well into an RP session, but in the meantime I'm more than happy being one of someone's companion characters for their story.
SecretWeapon

Not a bad idea. The quest should be centered around the main character, since it is your story it would only make sense.
Hart of Hircine

SecretWeapon wrote:
Not a bad idea. The quest should be centered around the main character, since it is your story it would only make sense.
So a story based pvp of one's character and not like basic pbp or pvppbp(trust me pvppbp is fun like hell but it's long as a jungle).
Lord Marvel

Azno Chozulo wrote:
SecretWeapon wrote:
So a story based pvp of one's character and not like basic pbp or pvppbp(trust me pvppbp is fun like hell but it's long as a jungle).

I can tell you, that PvP PBP doesn`t work out well, because everyone wants to win... so who decides who loose?
inknform

Lord Marvel wrote:
I can tell you, that PvP PBP doesn`t work out well, because everyone wants to win... so who decides who loose?

I used to play on a D&D pbp forum a few years ago and the PvP scenarios (much like the normal NPC/Creature encounters) were determined by a combination of creative writing and dice rolls.

The creative writing part was essentially based on not so much how you wrote, but how creative your character could be to execute an action and/or fighting sequence. Then a modifier number would be added to the final dice roll for the outcome.

Although, I think we are better off staying away from PvP pbp Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: