Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Lord Marvel

re: "Predoria" group I Aevyn, Kryad, Frisco, Varan

You are flying towards the ground at a high velocity, looking through the window you can see other rescue pods flying towards the planet's surface. Some are flying more and others less away from your pod and you notice not all of them are from your corvette. From what you can see, your capsule is going to hit a big island, the surface is covered mostly with jungle. You can see a wide river is going through it and reaches some huge water reservoir, be it sea or a giant lake. To the south you can see some tall mountains, with snow capes on top. You are getting closer and closer to the ground but you soon realize your actually going to penetrate the water body.

- Brace for the impact!! - someone screams over the terminal.

You hit the water with much greater force than you had anticipated, all of you are lying on the ground after the impact... First, you have to reach the shore, and you will have to find a way to survive on this planet till the rescue will arive... cause they will arive, right?
Kryad Explo

Kryad woke up, felt something dragged him. He opened his eyes, he saw the water. He realised that his only way to survive was to get to the shore. He took the rescue kit. He began to swim, but he had got a metal piece thru the armor and into the leg. He got on the shore farther down than he wanted.

Aveyn Tamai

The initial frantic racing of her heart slowed after the impact into the water, the pod surfacing and bobbing eerily on the clear blue-green water, a shattered and bludgeoned husk of what it should have been. Supplies floated around them as they clung to the few flotation devices that had activated properly on impact, she saw Kryad grab the rescue kit and she herself captured the sealed package of thermal cloaks that bobbed amongst them. She hoped the seal had been good, they would need something dry when they made it to shore.
The others around her seemed just as disoriented as she, though she managed to get a couple murmurs of assurance that most were not injured unduly from the impact. Concussions, minor abrasions, a potentially fractured wrist belonging to the technician. As the group kicked their way towards shore, struggling against a current, she noticed Kryad drifting a little from the group.
"Damnit," she cursed softly under her breath, forcing herself not to look down through the water, not to acknowledge how deep it might be. She kept her gaze doggedly ahead, and to her dismay, noticed a faint trail of crimson flowing behind Kryad. The way he was listing in the water, he'd wind up nearly a km further down than they, they'd have to go find him once their feet touched land.
Friscoo

Quan braced himself as the pod sped towards the crystal blue water. The almost rhythmic thump of his heart had shifted back into normality after the initial collision between the two forces. The pod shto downwards but gracefully arced its way to the surface where Quan was greeted by the bright sun that shined throught the tiny window. A peaceful smile formed on his face as he welcomed the sun's friendly hello. This time of tranquility was soon shattered as he realized he had to swim to shore.

He pressed the button on the latch that created a loud vaccuming sound. The plate unlocked and shot outward, letting in all of the ocean. Quan began swimming to shore. He noticed his fellow squadmates far infront. Oddly enough the only one he recognized was Aveyn.

"Hey! Wait up!" He shouted with a smile but quickly dunked underwater to avoid wave.

Aveyn slowed herself and waited for Quan to catch up, glad to see someone she knew from her time at the Coruscant temple, even if they hadn't exactly known each other well. It wasn't as thought she didn't get along with other people in Pax, she did, but she felt less on guard with a certain few of them, and being in the same age range as Quan he fit easily into that category.

Both of them could be stubborn at times, and she found herself wondering if that was why neither had ever had missions directly with one another in their academy days, even though both had been trained in infiltration, though Quan to a greater degree.

She leaned a little on the flotation device she had with her, giving him a nod as he caught up, "Any injuries? The larger pod took a fair beating."
Friscoo

He swam over to his good friend and greeted her. She returned the gesture by getting straight down to buisness. He tried to hide his shyness, woman always made him tighten up.

She was somebody he knew of, but didnt know in detail. He would at times see her around not doing anything in perticular but was always to nervous to get to know.

His light brown skin contrasted with the color of the water which repeatedly dunked him under. He grabbed onto a supply crate next to her and caught his breath.

"Injuries? None that I know of. Where are the others?" He pondered.

"Kryad looks like he hit the shore," she squinted as she looked to the direction she had seen him last, "We'll have to find him, I don't think he had the strength to fight the current overmuch, I saw blood in the water..."
She gestured off to the front of them where the technician a soldier and one of the ships officers floundered towards the shore, the latter two aiding the first in the swim as he cradled his arm.
"I made it into one of the larger pods with those three," she explained as the two of them swam to catch up, the three in front of them, the two jedi being stronger swimmers.
"I have no clue who else dropped in our area...I don't even know who made it off the ship," she sighed, trying not to let her concern for the others overwhelm.
Kryad Explo

Kryad tried to pull out the metal piece. But he began to bleed more so he took off his arm piece, took some cloth pieces and pulled as fast and painless it almost came out , but he lost so much power. He took the cloth and put around it. He fainted, but he had his hope up

Friscoo

Quan had let out a deep sigh as he finally made his way to the shore. He took off his robe and laid it on the soft sand, soon after he sat down.

He stared at a shiny oval rock sticking out of the sand. He shifted a little and the glare of the sun made him flinch. A breeze passed by and the unfamiliar smell of the sea infiltrated his nostrils. A bewildered look formed on his face.

"Back on my home world we dont really have alot of water. Its basicly all acidic."

After a short pause he looked up, realizing everybody else was busy establishing base and scouting the surroundings. Quan wasnt one to rush things. He always had to stop and admire the beauty of life. But in this time he felt un needed.

After helping fix the technicians wrist to the best she could and splinting it with some hastily acquired drift wood and fabric scraps, Aveyn was already beginning to feel a bit tired as the adrenaline of their landing wore off. The officer with them...Lyn or something, was a young blonde twenty-something, but seemed more than capable of setting up some sort of a camp. She left him to his work and went over to Quan.

"We should go find Kryad now that everyone else is settling," she said, "Maybe we can find some food or something along the way back, if my guess is anywhere near correct, he shouldn't be more than a km down shore from us."

Absently she nudged some sand into a hill with her foot before looking down the beach, "It's warm enough we should dry out on the walk, but I already left my cowl by the...uh...fire." The last thing she said had a bit of wry amusement in it, as so far, the fire hadn't even been started. Everything they had save the cloaks was soaked, and Kryad had taken the emergency supply kit. Right now the technician and Lyn were arguing over how best to start one, while to the side, a grizzled soldier chuckled softly as he worked to lash together drift wood using the tall thick shore grasses.

"Adventure time," she smiled, trying to mean it at least a little bit.
Aveyn Tamai

((I'll just assume for now that I have Quan with me, hopefully Frisco doesn't mind, if so, when he gets back he can let me know))

The two jedi walked down the sandy beach a brisk pace, pointing out things they noticed as they walked; what looked like mollusc-type shells along the beach, possibly a food source, a small trickling stream, some rocky outcrops...

Finally, a shape laying still became visible on the beach ahead of them. Too still, Aveyn thought, her heart jumping in her chest as she herself sprang across the sand to Kryad's prone form, her brisk walk changing into a run.

She fell to her knees when she reached him, placing a hand to his chest, and the other against his cheek. She closed her eyes, letting the Force aid her in determining his wounds, but finding only the obvious one on his leg. Still...though from sight alone it was bad enough, through the Force she could see the real damage, the metal piece had chipped a bone in his leg, and severely damaged the muscles. Likely swimming hadn't helped at all either.

Aveyn cast about in the sand for a sharp rock or shell, and finding a rock she found suitable, she used it to cut away the fabric around the wound. She hoped Kryad would remain unconscious through most of this, she didn't want to purposefully try and keep him that way, out here without any back up supplies, intense practices were too risky.

"He'll be alright, once I get this dealt with, though it might ache for some time yet...resetting and growing bone is a lengthy process, even with the aid of the Force. It'll depend on Kryad once I'm done really, some people seem to feel the pain more than others..." she looked up at Quan, "The emergancy kit is over beside him in the sand, do you think you could check through it and see if the first aid set has any antiseptic and clean bandages?" the other Jedi nodded and set to work.

Just the concern alone with the water he had swam through coursed through Aveyn's mind. Some places were known to harbour bacteria in the water that could cause gangrene and fleshrot, and they didn't even know what planet they were on, let alone what was in the water!

Swiftly she set to mending the damaged flesh and muscle as she began to pull out the medal piece in his leg. She shifted the chip of bone back into place, healing the muscle around it. The bleeding began to slow and stop, no longer causing the white sand underneath his leg to run incarnadine.

It would take her time still to finish, and after that, there would be fever and infection to worry about. At least he was alive.
Friscoo

(( Oh its fine. I thought Varan or Kryad would jump in thats why i waited))

Quan quickly looked through the kit and found exactly what his partner asked for.

"Heads up" he shouted as he tossed both objects over to her. She nodded to him and got back to cleaning up their comrad.

Quan then stood up and took a look around. This island was still unfamiliar and hostiles might be lurking around the dense jungle.

"We might want to bandage him up and head back closer to camp. We're a good ways from the rest of the troops, dont ya think?"

Kryad suddenly woke up, with his eyes wide open. And then closed them as took some deep breath before yelling

"What the h-" before he saw who it was, Quan and Aveyn. He felt the pain and fainted out again.

Aveyn Tamai

"Hush, everything will be fine now," she said when Kryad woke briefly, before he fell back unconscious.
Aveyn nodded and stood, stretching her back after sitting for the time it had taken to heal Kryad's wound, though it would be time yet before he would be entirely in the clear.

A pile of bloodied cloth lay at her feet, along with the medal piece that had been in his leg. "Well, let's bury all this best we can, and I suppose I should wash my hands..." indeed they were as bloody as the sand around them. "The sand too, or at least as much as we can. I don't want predators hanging around here."

She helped bury the blood covered items before going to wash her hands off in the shore water, scrubbing her hands lightly with the sand to better clean them. When they got back to the camp she would have to do a better job of cleaning off Kryad's leg, but for now, it was no longer actively bleeding, and that was what mattered.

"Do you think you can carry him if I carry the emergency kit?" she asked Quan.
Friscoo

"Ofcorse" He said as he slowly lifted Kryad, trying not to cause any more injury. They walked along the water in a slow pace.

"So whats our plan of action? I could do some scouting if needed, but we might want to set up a base and get communications up."

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: