Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amorl

re: Amorl

The World of Silence

The pits broiled under the unnatural heat of the desert sun. The only relief to be found in the pits themselves, where thousands dug in the unmerciful heat. Long lines of people coiled up the winding wooden plankways carrying rocks to the surface or water to the bottom. Only the sound of the axes and hammers could be heard as Eli-Relentov stood in line holding his empty water pack. The freah ink of the holy script burned on his back, while the one on his cheek was well to its way of healing. In time the words would symbolyze his need to serve and the lessons of his past. For now at the age of four he did not understand. The myrialite priest had intoned the passage as the needle had pierced his skin. In Service does the soul grow, stay the path through times veil.

The foreman looked over his work as the priest finished the homely to Via. A slight smell of incense burned from the lamp, blown to the child on a breeze. The wind blew the tent flap open where he could see two people talking. There were too far to hear but he could read their lips and follow the current of the conversation in mannerisms. Both were recognizable, the tyrant Regent Torphceris and his demon witch. He had not heard her name nor seen it on the wordless lips of the other laborers, but they had made it clear she was of the darkness itself. Tattoo's covered the skin that was bare. Not the words of the holy script that now marked him, but fierce symbols the like he had not seen. She was taller then the regent and had slight ridges on her forehead, and her mannerisms were garbled as if they carried other messages then the ones he had learned. The regent however was easily understood.

"They have come, and the slaves still dig. Where is the weapon you promised!" Anger, fear and guilt were clearly prominent

The witch stared at him, a look blank without emotion. He could see her standing there but felt as if he was staring into a hole. An empty space even though his eyes clearly saw.

"It is there, all you need do is claim your rightful place with it and your enemies shall fall"
They walked away the regent still afraid yet confident, eager.

Eli trudged along the passage, his waterpack full. With the sanction complete he had been pulled from his parents. His tasking was handled from older ones. Only the simple instructions of carry water to the bottom then get more. All in the wordless language of the slaves. His mother had given him no soothing words to sleep. His father had not made him laugh with silly noises, for the myrialites had commanded the apostate slaves to silence. The penalty death. He had born to a world of silence. By reading the faces around him he learned language, and formed the basis of communication. The elders recognized the new brands and the lost look for him, combined with small statue they gave him the only comfort they had. A simple task where the thirst of work might be quenched with stolen drops of water from his pack. As he entered the pit a feeling of unnaturalness settled on him like the shroud of night. Stories of disapperances had spread like wildfire in the last few months. Laborers had gone down into the pits and never returned, a monster the faces proclaimed. The demon witch summoned spawn whose home they were preparing. It wasnt the same as the empty space of the witch, it was more a feeling of out of place. As if it came from somewhere else and was never meant for this world.

He emptied his pack saving the last handful for himself. The sun had moved well past the bowel and darkness signaled the end of the day. Eli waited for the elders to finish their tasks then walked with them back to the dormitory.

Explosions woke him from his sleep. He did not understand the meaning of the sounds, but the faces around him told all that he needed. Fear. He could here the Rhetor's yelling outside, with more of the explosions comming nearer. All the slaves huddled in the corner not knowing what to expect. Had the escaped ones returned. Eli's only thought was for his parents, the warm embrace of his mother and the comforting presence of his father. The sounds grew quieter, distent as if the trouble was moving away. Until silence was all that remained. Hours passed while the elders debated what to do. A snap and a hiss, a glowing red line cut its way through the locked door and it clattered to the floor. A women wearing a brown robe wielding a luminous sword stood flanked by others in armor.

"I claim this camp on authority from the Republic, and set you free"...

Last edited by Amorl on April 7, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amorl

Sounds of life

The heavy weight of the sith war and the tremoultous affect it had on history meant the liberation of Lorrd will go down as a footnote in the annuls of Republic. The newly freed slaves were not given time to rebuild their once proud society. Many of Lorrd's sons and daughters left the silence of the slave world to head straight into battle. The gratitude towards the republic at this time was immense and even though we did not have armies to command we wished to help the republic in it's fight to survive. So it was with heavy hearts that reunited families split once again this time with holy vengence, that others would not face the same fate as Lorrd.

Centuries in the past the Sisterhood of the Glorious Radience had been freed by the then Jedi Revan from the myralites on Lorrd's second moon. They had toiled in the service their religion commanded. Ready to return home and help those left behind long before Jedi master Mari-Elan Nora returned to Lorrd at the head of a Republic army. They acted as a mediator between silent slaves and those used only to speech. They did much in that time to heal the people of their hurt. Bringing Core world medicene and education back, and carrying the word of missing family members to greiving loved ones. It was on such a mission that brough Sister Gladia-Maree to Coruscant.

The slaves laboring in their silence had learned the language of the body. Through subtle gestures, facial expressions and body postures. This gave them a strong intuitive sense into anothers thoughts and feeling. Some proclaimed this the work of the force, the Vianists heralded it so they may serve others better by anticipating their needs. To the young man meditating on his past it was just a reminder why the perverted Vianist religion of the Myrialites forced them into silence. The Jedi in the army had sensed his awareness not just for the discipline of the slaves but the power of the living force. Even in one so young he had developed the silent awareness usually not mastered until early preteens. It had no doubt, led to such an early sanctioning and labor in the pits. The myrialite priests had believed he was dangerous and tried to condemn him to death. Where thousands of others had already met that fate.

The pits themselves were the brain child of the demon witch. His training had allowed him to remember her without the fear but that sense of an empty space remained. It was if she had no connection to the force and was instead a hole in it. Jedi Master Mari-Elan had gained approval from the beleagured Republic to assemble a force and break the Argazdan Redoubt from the Myrialites. The Regent upon hearing the news broke his vows and turned the to demon-witch for salvation. She had told him to construct the pits and she would do the rest, but no mechanical devices were to be used. Thus had the slaves been forced into the dangerous construction with no higher level of technology than ancient hand tools. During the liberation many of the Myrialites sought safety in the bottom of the pits only to have disappered. Upon Investigation Jedi Master Mari-Elan sensed an evil that dwelled there and orded the pits filled in. The young knight remembered his feeling at the bottom of the pit and did not believe that sand and rocks could quell that presence.

He knew his quiet meditation was about to come to an end, and could sense the sister comming to his chamber. She no doubt was comming to reaffirm his Vianism, Jedi Lorrdians were few and a religious one would be a boon. This was not in accord with the code, as he had left behind those alliegences even though his tattoo's remained. He hoped she was not too disappointed.

She entered with the silence of all lorrdians, only greeting showing on her face. She wore the customary robes, with her mask hanging off her belt. The holy script written in ink on her face and hands.

"You have done well in passing the trials young knight, and now you are ready to venture from this temple?" she made it a question, which puzzled me.

"My master was pleased sister, and the council has approved my rank of knight. I have been from this temple before, perhaps you noticed the Jedis have been in a war for a while now" he couldn't really help goading her, religious figures from his past werent his favorite. Her well controlled response only let a little of her amusement through.

"That was not what I had asked" Her face back to the masklike expresssion revealing nothing. "I had wondered whether you are ready to be about alone. I understand the Jedi have long served the republic, but we serve to a higher calling. It is not to an order or government to which we answer, but to Via, and all her creations. It is her Radience which gives life to all, and so we serve that our soul may grow." Her reference to the script still on my cheek did not go unnoticed. It was a sermon that was a twist on the teachings of the order. In understanding and being guided by the living force would I grow and thus gain a better understanding of the force in which to help others. Only she was testing to which creed would I follow, the religion of my home or the teachings of the Order.

"Sister Gladia, I know you have traveled far. I know I have importance to the people of Lorrd, but it is not only to them will I serve. The morality of vianism is good and has helped many lost souls find redemption. It is to the will of the force I serve, and it was the force that has brought me here, to follow the tenents of the code, and the direction of the order. In that sense I am Amoral." I had hoped to be gentle with the last declaration but the sense of disappointment and disagreement was plain on her. It was inevitable, my rank meant I was ready to stand on my own. To stand for others, to stand for the republic against the Empire. My world of Lorrd would have to wait as the tide was pressing against Republic. It was only through my service to it shall Lorrd remain safe, and all the worlds, to stay in the light.

"Go then young Amorl, but remember not all service is asked. So we must strive to serve those in need even if the need has not yet come." then she dropped down into the sing song chant of the priests when intoning the words of the holy script "It is service unto Via those that serve all, For it is those that serve every need that stays the path through times veil." With that she was gone. Leaving me to wonder where would my service take me, for it was into the unknown of the great war against the Darkside that I went.

Amorl
Jedi Knight
In service to Pax Republica, That Peace will be realized once again

Last edited by Amorl on January 14, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 6 times in total
Kbrury

Very nice Amorl.

Aveyn Tamai

Yeah I am loving the way you brought Vianism into the story. It's such a rarely touched upon part of the mythos.
~Kith

great story Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: