Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Friscoo

re: Salvation.

This is the story of my main character in SWTOR: Quan Delru. A Korunnai (think mace windu).

It was a marvelous sight indeed. Seeing my tribe rejoice over our victory against the ruthless “Know-Nothings”.

That’s what the elders called them. “Know-Nothings”. I had no clue how or why these creatures were blessed with such a shallow name. I was to young to care.

The heavy thump of the drums exploded within my ears, causing my heart to beat in synch with it. I sat with the other young ones. Enjoying the sight of my people, the Korunnai, dancing and enjoying themselves in this time of despair. As young ones we were not permitted to join celebrations until we were given a clan name or “Ghosh”. Luckily for me, that was going to change tomorrow morning.

~~~

I sat in the dirt admiring the mysterious jungle that enveloped us. As a nomadic race we basically raised and protected our grassers while they enriched our economy, or so I’m told in my studies.

As my mind began to wander to places I couldn’t begin to describe to you, my mini-dream was abruptly destroyed by the contact of two massive hands on my shoulders. I quickly rolled my shoulders to get the heavy paws from off of me.

“Still tense I see, young Padawan”

I felt my cheeks warm with embarrassment as I soon figured out who it was behind me.

“Master!” I quickly got up and stood at attention. He laughed and patted me on the head.

“Ow! Quit it!” It demanded. He continued to laugh.

“Quan when will you learn, you can never disconnect your mind and body.”

He then moved his hand from around his back to reveal my light saber. My face was now engulfed with heat.

“I. . . Was day dreaming.” I said as I quickly snatched it from him and put it back on my belt.

He smiled at me again. My masters name was Sai Delru of the “Ghosh Delru” Tribe, which most of my blood related family was apart of. He was a tall dark skinned man. Many scars around his cheeks and nose area but with such calm eyes that he almost immediately put u at ease.

“Down to business. You know what tomorrow is, correct?”

I nodded. It was my acceptance into my “Ghosh” tribe. The excitement was written all over my face.

“I want you to get rest. You have a big day ahead of you young padawan, you will need all your strength.”

I sighed and faced my attention to the ground. It was still early but I knew he was right. I bowed to my Master and wished him a good night. On my way to the temple, which had rooms for us younglings to sleep, I engaged in light conversation with some of the tribe folk. Nothing important that I could remember to this date, Anyway. As I walked up the steps something in the bushes caught my attention.

I felt a tingling from inside my head that soon protruded outward, the force had appeared.

Time seemingly slowed down. The soft breeze that ruffled the bushes almost completely ceased to exist. My eyes fixated to the spot where I heard the sound. All my senses were attuned.

A low growling could be heard in the distance. Being a curious young Padawan I went to investigate the sound , hoping to find something interesting.

The growling stopped, then continued in short intervals. It grew more intense until I stood only a few feet away from an Akk dog. Those things always scared me.

It almost resembled a large, armored four-legged dog. Hence the name Akk dog. The only differences is that these beasts are “Force-Sensitive”, just like us Korunnai. Most of the species is loyal to us but there are some feral ones scattered about the toxic wasteland beyond the forest.

Its large oval eyes stared blankly at me. I trembled in fear of the beast. I knew if I drew my saber it would attack. Yet, its armor protected it from light saber attacks, for the most part.

We were a mere 3 feet away. I put my hand out to try and calm the beast, but it took a more defensive stance. Almost of if I was the aggressor.

“Come on boy. . I’ll take you back to your pen.

The growl turned into a loud and deep bark that shocked me. It jumped forward, one paw in front, trying to swipe me in half. I tried my best to dodge the attack but the huge orange beast cut deep into my arm.

I shouted in agony and put both my hands out in front of my. An indescribable feeling exerted from my fingertips. I opened my eyes to see that the best had been flung back at least 20 feet, taking out trees and bushes.

The push didn’t hurt it enough to cause it to flee. I was already going into shock. The beast charged. . . I was too weak.

Almost in the instant I closed my eyes I heard the flick of a light saber turning on. The blade gracefully moved throughout the air. A horrible shriek filled the jungle as the Akk dog was killed.

My master stood over me. He muttered something but I didn’t catch it. I had already begun fading out of conciseness , or so im told.

The morning had come quicker than expected. I had dreamt of slaughtering a gang of Akk dogs single handedly. I got out of bed feeling strong and manly. Flexing in the mirror and looking at my first scar made it even better. The cut was long, began at my forearm and ended inches before my wrist.

The confidence soon left and was replaced with worry. I had no clue what the elders thought of the Akk dog incident.

I washed up and put my robes on. The ceremony was beginning. I rushed to eat some smoked meat and guzzle down some juice. Bad breakfast, I know.

Everybody in the tribe stood outside the temple. The Delru family had all taken their seats on the platform to the right. While the Highest respected elder, Gradin Nerfai, addressed the people.

“ People of the Third Star Tribe, Hear me! All know that our strength is much more prosperous, being that we are composed of 3 separate Ghosh but we are forever expanding. Today you all have joined us in the joining of young Padawan Quan into his Ghosh family.”

I peaked from around the wall, nervous to face the crowd. But they had already spotted me. Never in my life have I heard a roar like that of my tribe-folk. It was as if I was some kind of inter-galactic celebrity or something.

“Settle down! Settle down. . Let the boy breath a little. Come on Quan, we’re all waiting”. I slowly walked down the steps, waving to all the people casually.

“Now. You must recite the four pillars in which our society holds closest to us, in order.”

I swallowed hard.

“Honor! Your obligation to preserve your mind, body and spirit and to become the best of your ability.” Nerfai nodded.

“Duty! Your obligation to others. Working together to better the tribe. Family! Respecting your Doshalo.” I took a breath.

“Herd! Maintaining a balanced number of Akk dogs and Grassers will support the tribe.” The elder clapped his hands together.

“Well then. It is your Ghosh family’s turn to speak. The elder took his seat, with a heavy sigh, and waved my master up to speak.

My master stood up and approached me.

“Well my boy. I haven’t much to say. I have trained you thus far. You have proven to be a very opinionated young man, which will prove very useful when you become older. But these things I tell you all the time. So without any more time wasted. You are now to be know as Quan Delru! “

The crowed roared once more. I felt complete, like I was a part of something. Inside, my soul was finally at peace.

“Before you go Quan. I want to inform you that we will be heading out on your first mission later today. Try not to wonder off this time.” He winked at me.

A burst of excitement spread throughout my body.

Soon after the ceremony I sprinted back to my room. I took out my cleanest uniform to wear and slowly put it on, trying not to make any mistakes. Thoughts raced through my mind on where we could be going and what would happen.

As I was packing my things. My heart suddenly skipped a beat. A warm feeling embraced me. But it wasn’t a good feeling. It was the same feeling I had experienced when the Akk dog almost struck me down.

I suddenly dropped my things and rushed outside. Standing alone in the middle of my village, people doing their normal errands. I was scared. The mysterious forest looked back at me with blank eyes. For minutes I stood there, alone.

I gave up on my feeling and slowly walk back to the Temple. I felt ashamed of myself. How was I going to become A JedI Master If I cant even sense danger?

I found my light saber under my bed. That sick feeling returned as I heard the high pitched shriek of somebody outside. I hit my head on the top bunk and rushed outside. An old woman stood in a pool of blood, with a trail leading to the forest. The village people assembled. A crisis had now emerged. I felt the dark forest enclosing in on me. I suddenly did not want to go out on this mission.

Gasps and low toned conversations followed.
I watched from behind as the crowd slowly followed the trail to the edge where the village and forest met.

“What do we do now? The trail clearly leads into the forest.”

Everybody had their own opinion on what to do. I stayed put, frozen in place. My glorious day was beginning to shatter in front of my eyes.

The ground. . . It trembled with force I have never experienced. I remember seeing my master near the blood and then looking back at me. When the ground began to shake a worried look grew on his face. The trees began to shake vibrantly.

His eyes grew wide. . .

My heart was beating out of my chest with such pressure I almost collapsed.

Then. . I saw it.

A pack of black Akk dogs charged out of the forest. The slaughter of my people had began. I quickly ran to my master who motioned me to run as 2 of the beasts charged us. I pivoted and headed to the temple, which had an underground passage way.

Everything was in slow motion. The monsters dug their teeth and claws into the thin flesh of my people. I didn’t look back.

I was to young to comprehend this. Fear blinded me.

Never shall I forget that day. The first day of hell, which turned my life into a living nightmare for many years to come. Never shall I forget the screams and the sound of torture. Never shall I forget the sight of the small children attempting to crawl to safety only to be stomped into the dirt. That Nocturnal silence which deprived me of ever single desire to live was the first sense of strength I found. I Needed to survive. I didn’t have a choice.

Never shall I forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself, Never.

My name is Quan Delru. . . This is my story.

WHY THE HELL DID YOU STOP!?!?!? I was so into it lol then it was done!! Write me more or I am setting you on fire In Game and In Real Life...I will overload your computer and start a fire somehow. Now do it!

But that outta my system now - it was wonderful. I like the truly unique feel to it, it was almost like reading something by a game dev haha. One thing though are a few spelling mistakes (not a worry at all) and you only listed 3 pillars when your guy listed em out loud instead of 4 :P Other than that, I am totally into it and would ask you to maybe give me a description of your village or temple / temple room etc. I'd loev to make it on my 3D animation program ^ ^

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Friscoo

Well thanks for such a positive review! I know that spelling isnt my strong suit (and im trying to be an english major, go figure) ill check that more on the second part.

This part was basicly just a big intro into the setting and surrounding.

But thanks for catching my mistakes, I never would have found them.

Second part should be up soon, expect more action this time around.

Im with Gaiutus, that was great! more!more!more!

Aldin Sig
Friscoo

Chapter 2.

My heart beat vibrantly. I could hardly catch my breath as I quickly leaped up the temple steps and made a sharp right turn. My master commanded me to run and not look back, and that’s what I had planned.

My room was a mess, I stood in the doorway thinking of what to pack. The dark purple paint on the walls put me into a daze. “Is this really happening?” I thought to myself. I soon shook it off, determination struck me as I found myself digging through my drawers trying to find the one thing that kept me going all this time. That one puzzle piece that made my life a complete picture. To my luck I couldn’t find it.

My stomach turned. Where could it be? I heard the screams coming from outside, time was running out for me. Soon I would meet the fate of my people. I began to break down. Cold tears rolling down my cheeks and turning inward into my dimples. I sat down and curled up in a ball, Don’t ask me why but this made me feel safer. “You have to move.” I told myself. As I went to get up I peaked under my bed to find my salvation. My journal laid their, unharmed, quietly waiting for me to return. I grasped it and embraced it like a long lost lover.

I grabbed it and ran out the door and made another right. In the corner of my eye I saw my master leaping through the temple doorway and rolling to his feet with lightning like agility. Behind him came a massive Akk dog. Its armor bright gold with a star like red symbol on its side. He leaped at my master but it soon met an invisible wall of power as he pushed the beast backwards. The small doorway now was triple its size from my masters force power display. I never knew he was so powerful

“What are you still doing here?!” He shouted over to me, catching his breath.

“I. . . Had to get my journal.” I looked down in shame. Sai came over and patted my head.

“As long as your alive, my boy, we still have hope.” he kissed my forehead.

My body felt strong. He was going to protect me with his life if he had to, and I wasn’t going to let him down either.

The temple was old, really old. The prophets say that it was built by the ancient ones, or the very 1st Koruns to inhabit this planet. Through my studies I have found no other information or facts about these “Ancient ones.” The old stone walls have engravings of past wars we have fought and won and even tragic occurrences that my people have endured. A marvelous sight to behold.

My master sprinted ahead, making sure the path was clear before I followed. He nodded and I ran up, taking long strides but also trying to be silent. The passageway was approaching. I was relieved that this nightmare was going to end. We ran to the next hallway and noticed a man hiding behind massive stones. He explained to us how he is looking for his daughter and wife.

“We are going to the escape tunnel. Im sure we will find many there.” Sai told the weary looking man. They shook hands and the man joined us. We continued running, turning left, and running some more. I was getting tired.

“There it is! The entrance! Gloria I am here my love!” The man shouted and ran ahead. The sides of my head began pulsating. I slowed down and tried to rub my migraine away. I soon realized it wasn’t just a headache, something big was approaching and both my master and the silly old man felt it. He tried to pivot and turn back but it was all to late. The massive golden Akk dog had broken through the wall, slamming full speed into the poorly positioned man. The loud thumping sound rang in my ears. I honestly almost soiled myself.

My master was quick with his saber. He dashed forward in a flash of light and cut underneath the akk dogs stomach, black liquid spilled out that burned into the ground below. I covered my mouth in disgust. The beast roared and quickly turned around. Trying to flee and kill my master at the same time with its big metal tail. Sai ducked and slashed upwards , barely missing the tail. The beast left the temple the way it came.

Wasting no time my master shouted me to follow him straight. While passing the gaping hole in the wall I saw the foolish old man that had joined us. His body was in shambles. I will never forget that contorted mess of a man. That was the first dead body I have ever seen, it almost seemed unreal.

“Quiet boy, we are here. Do not startle them.” my master notified me.

The entrance was a gate. A Massive gate. It wasn’t so much as a “secret escape” since it was so big. But you couldn’t move it by simply using the force, there was a distinct technique to it.

My master gracefully moved his hands while manipulating the air around us to move levers and push keys in. It was a beautiful sight. The door illuminated with a bright blue flash that blinded me. As my vision returned I noticed myself in a dimly lit room with four other men, not including my master. These men were clearly fighters.

The first two I spotted were clearly twins. The only noticeable difference between them was the slight elevation one had to his nose, weird. Anyway, the other man was very muscular. But he dressed in these sleek robes. I knew right away who he was. The man with the coolest nickname that I knew of.

“Neffitayto!” I shouted as I hugged my beloved librarian. We called him Neffie for short.

“Well hello there young one! Im glad to see you made it out alright.” He returned the hug back and laughed. I always admired him because he had always had a positive outlook on any situation. The man standing next to him was very tall but dressed the same. I figured it was his apprentice.

“Where are the others?” Sai directed it to everyone. An unfamiliar sound responded. A female voice?
I looked around for the origin of this soothing voice. A woman stepped forward. Clearly another fighter. I got the idea from the skinned armor she wore and the concealed weapons. Her skin was milky white, brown wavy hair that reflected the dim light beautifully. My heart thumped once and faded back into normality. I’ve never seen a girl so pretty before. Her hazel eyes met mine. I quickly looked away. She began to walk towards me but I acted if I didn’t notice. I felt her soft hand on my chin and she gently moved my face to in front of hers. I blinked slowly.

“Your eyes, their like mine.” Im not sure what she meant.
“I can tell your nervous. First encounters are strange. But eye contact is the best way to let your guard down, remember that. I can see your pupils dilating. That means your interested.” She smiled and I smiled back. She was right, I was interested.

“My name is Lela.”

I couldn’t help but hear my master snickering. When I looked behind him he sucked it back up and became more serious.

“What is your business here, Lela?” His arms were crossed.
“I was scouting around the forest, happened to see the attack and decided to help some.” she replied

“Where are you from exactly?”

She sighed. “ I wasn’t born on this planet. My father was murdered by your people and my mother left me. I then became a slave. Clearly I escaped slavery and joined the resistance.”

“The know-nothings.” One of the twins said.

I was shocked! How can somebody I just met be so open with her past? What else is she about!?

“Slave?!” I shouted.
“Our people don’t murder! Or enslave. Nerfai wouldn’t allow it.” I protested. The rest of the room was silent.

Sai put his hands on my shoulders. “ My boy, there are many things you have yet to find out about Nerfai. I will inform you later. Now we must worry about securing our protection and finding the rest of our people. I will be leading us south of here, we need to get supplies first.”

The 5 of them nodded. The passage exit opened up and the forest welcomed us with open, mysterious arms. The silence was broken but the crunching sound of twigs and stale leaves.

I kept my eyes on Lela. Her past interested me, and inspired me.

Great story so far Friscoo Happy keep it up!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: