Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
~Kith

re: Remembrance (Next up, Ch. 9)

your gonna write a pretty large book aren't you :p its great so far Happy
Aveyn Tamai

Maybe 10 more parts tops in this "book" and then the second will be in third person. Not honestly sure yet, though I have the entire basic story worked out.
~Kith

Well you have more writing skill in your little finger then I have in my dysfunctional brain pan :p Can't wait to read the rest of it Happy
SecretWeapon

Good job, I'm liking it :D
Aveyn Tamai

Chapter VII Tears

The two years I spent after my knighting learning to heal more thoroughly were the start of a time I became...me. It was during that time, when I was finally free of Andan, free of the worry of what he might do that I finally began to truly look around me, and notice who else stood there.

Of course, they searched for him during those years. I remember the look in Gaiutus' eyes when both Master's Korum and Rens'acen forbade him to search himself. He knew full well why he wasn't permitted to do such a thing, but in our youth, all of us had our impetuous moments, even he.

For my part, I spent my days and many of my nights in the medical wing, serving under Master Atna as one of her assistants. It was here I was able to get to know some of the other jedi serving here better, becoming friends with another jedi only a year younger than myself, Elizer. I was amazed at how Master Atna always seemed to take a vested interest in him, for she was not one to ever fuss over a student. I would look up at him across the table, both our hands covered in blood, and catch a glance of a look of pain across his brow. When he noticed me looking he would tilt his head and grin, dark blue eyes sparkling even as they hid a deeper pain. He was a natural at sensing the emotional state of a person, and the more I got to know him, the more I realized how trialling such an ability would be. I resolved to do my best to do what I could for him.

So did those years pass, as I made friends, re-affirmed my connection with my Master and for the first time in my life since my childhood, truly laughed with people.

My knowledge in the Force grew steadily. Healthy competition arose amongst some of the healers in the medical wing, of who could diagnose an illness the fastest, the quickest to set a bone, to stop a bleed. Instead of credits we bet lessons, the winner promising to spend time explaining their methods to the others. As a group we became stronger, and many of the Masters marveled at how well we worked together, how calmly and efficiently we handled triage situations. All of us learned how to boost the levels of adrenaline in our systems, or to dampen it. How to stay awake for lengthy periods of time when necessary, and how to set oneself into a deep regenerative REM sleep when possible.

Everyone became used to each others peculiarities. My aversion to bacta tanks and pools was well known due to my issues with being submerged yet my fellows would prod me into going swimming with them on occasion, and I would accept, knowing they wanted to help me. We all came to recognize the signs of Elizer's discomfort, always quick to flash him a smile and stay as positive as we could, even in the most dire of situations. He could tell when we were forcing it, but would always grin back or be there with a quick laugh or optimistic comment. Within moments our forced happiness would become a true one, and amongst the injured, the sick, the dying our mood would spread, that in itself alleviating much of the suffering.

We took to sitting by the bedsides of those in the non critical ward, taking in the stories of the galaxy and streets of Coruscant, sharing them amongst each other after and between shifts. Patients would marvel at our upbeat attitude, exclaiming there was no way they could be depressed around us, joking about how we did not fit the stoic nature ascribed to most jedi unless we were involved in a major operation. Then of course, for hours on end some of us could be as silent as stone save for the odd word.

Sometimes, when he was on Coruscant between missions, Gaiutus would spend time with all of us, and we would tell him the stories we collected, while he would tell us what he could of events in the galaxy. Eventually our circle widened, other young knights and padawans joining our discussions and story telling sessions. "Your age group may well change the galaxy," Rens'acen would joke, his red eyes shining with could only be happiness. Master Mavis Korum found his study suddenly over-run with even more help, all of us taking a vested interest in helping him with the younglings he taught, taking turns with his permission in teaching the odd lesson ourselves when allowed.

When the attack occurred, so it was that there were some in the wing where Master Korum's study was, where the youngelings stayed. So it was that Elizer, Seiryuu and I were in the medical wing with Master Atna, tending to a nearly full ward of patients already, many unfit to be moved.

So it was that word would quickly spread of red lightsabers within our walls, of our friends dying in our cherished halls.
There were tears, and though we tried not to shed them long, that does not negate that they existed.

((This'll have some minor edits coming up with other people added in))

Last edited by Aveyn Tamai on July 25, 2010 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
[Poots]

Good job sweets :D
Aveyn Tamai

Chapter VIII Light

The formation of Pax Republica is a story that many know these days...a story I was, in many ways, blessed to be a part of.
There are memories endless involved with those days during and following the Sacking. Memories that would keep me safe during darker times.

Doubtless you have heard some of the stories...so I will not repeat them here. Instead, I will continue on from what happened in the days after reaching Tython.

Interlude

The woman, Aveyn, put down the holocron for a moment and flexed her fingers. Her hands had been gripping it too tightly, and were beginning to ache along the top joints.

The space they were hiding in had warmed considerably in the last few hours, likely from all the body heat the two had been putting off. She turned to glance at her companion, surprised to find him awake and studying her.

"I never knew you had gone through all that..." he propped himself up on an elbow, a smile forming on his face when she stifled a yawn. "You're more interesting than you let on Tamai, if I'd known half of this when I joined up with Pax I might have actually tried talking to you."

She merely rolled her eyes in reply, shifting to curl up beside the wall, "You're on watch now for a few hours so I can rest...when I wake up I'll try some scouting, we still need to find a weak spot in their patrols so we can get out of here."

"We'll be fine, you've been through worse right?" he asked nonchalantly as he picked up his rifle and inspected it in the dim light.

"What makes you say that?" she asked, one eye opening momentarily to watch him, curiousity flickering there.

"You said darker times. So just an assumption. You...you'll tell more of the story later, right?"

Both of her eyes opened now, surprised at the earnest tone in his voice. "I...if you want me to, yes. I'm sorry I kept you from sleeping, I had been trying to talk quietly," she added in apology.

The trooper shook his head and smiled, "Don't be sorry, I liked it. You tell a good story, and your voice...it's soothing. Makes this," he waved a hand to encompass the dark caved in little basement they were hiding in, "all the more bearable."

She gave him a small nod before closing her eyes again, willing herself to fall asleep. Thoughts flowed through her mind like water, and amongst them, a thread of guilt began. Finding the holocron had been strange in itself, empty doubly so. Yet for all she had just said, the reason she had begun to recite her story...regardless of what she had been through before this...

She could see no way out of their current situation. No way that wouldn't quite likely end in death.

Last edited by Aveyn Tamai on August 16, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Clusterfact

Excellent story so far! I hope you aren't planning on being done anytime soon. :P
Atka Talin

Amazing. Your work is spectacular. I love it, just the detail, and you know how to get to me deep inside. Its a gut wrenching feeling. you should be an author.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: