Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Cutheorn

re: Chapter 1: Servitude

Arvis looked back at the enemy as two troopers supported his weight and began to ran towards a safe distance, half carrying him. Arvis sheathed his lightsaber hilt while trying not to stumble.

When they reached a safe distance, he ordered the two troopers to release him, so he could sit down. They were now at the small camp they had set up a day ago, the camp had some turrets, but not enough to ever hold off the Imperials with their numbers, he ordered the turrets manned and operational and the men started to activate the defense system. Arvis knew this was going to be the place of their last stand, as he was trying to keep the distress signal active.

Saina had been seperated from the rest of the Taskforce during the battle, she now found herself trapped in a corner with her remaining forces ,a few men. And the enemy had them trapped like rats. This would surely be her end she looked in her bag and found something to transmit a message with.

" We need reinforcements now, were trapped and we can't hold out much longer. Please help me and help the people of Dantooine. They will not see a bright day again otherwise "

Saina ended her plea for help just as the Sith prepared for another strike. She closed her eyes and screamed " We make them pay!"
Kbrury

re: Re: Chapter 1: Servitude and Liberation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shuttle was just entering Dantooine space, and Arvis Falconer's distress signal had reached Pax's ears. But the members of Pax Republica might be sending their distress signals very soon as in the distance they could see the wreckage of Republic Ships surrounded by a massive fleet from the Empire. Pax would have to act quickly before they would be noticed and there were not many options as they got closer to the firing range of the Sith Cruisers.

---Aux---

Aux's fighter continued to spiral down towards the planet, venting a trail of smoke and fire as it passed through the atmosphere. Aux uses the ships repulsor lifts to slow the decent, and hopefully keep the fighter from landing nose first. However the forces affecting the fighter were becoming too extreme, and once Aux completed the maneuver with the repulsors, he promptly blacked out.

The decision was made, to get to Dantooine was to go through the Sith fleet. The shuttle was still unnoticed by enemy eyes who were focused on their recent victory over the Republic fleet along with the ground battles still underway. To take advantage of their situation all energy went to the thrusters and rear shields of Pax's shuttle. Once they got within the fleet the ships would be unable to fire as they could possibly shoot each other. Once breaking from the fleet the only hope would be that the shuttle could hold out long enough to land on Dantooine.

The order was given, the shuttle along with the other ships who were piloted by Pax members went full speed ahead towards the fleet. As planned they were able to get to the fleet without garnering attention but soon fighters began to pour out of the capital ships. Taking some fire the shuttle and the other ships were getting closer to the planet but now the bigger ships were able to fire.

Now entering Dantooine's atmosphere the shuttle's shields were just about out, and the speed was too much to overcome as it now looked like a crash landing was unavoidable. Flying over the main continent the shuttle survived the Sith and now plunged somewhere within the Arissi Plains.

[TSF]Diz_Oranus

As the men fell back, Tychus and his patch-work squad began to retreat as well. Having held off an entire platoon of mechanized infantry and their troop transports alone, Tychus could only think that the action he sought so much just punched him as if he called a gamorrean ugly back in the cantina. Sprinting to the forward base with remnants of the mechanized unit in hot pursuit, the squad was saved by the men on the turrets.

As the squad dispersed, looking to fill gaps in the line, Tychus looked at the men and smiled "These men barely know each other but voluntarily stand shoulder to shoulder" Tychus thought. His smile was cut short as an explosion smashed into the earth 20 feet away. "Barrage!!" A trooper yelled over the comms. Tychus realized that a charge was imminent afterwards and ran to Arvis.
"Here sir, that lightsaber will be useless until they close in, my pistol will keep you in the fight"
Explosions sounded all over the base, men scrambling for cover, many were hit by shrapnel and the force of the blasts. Those still alive did not leave the line for it became suddenly quiet..

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Last edited by [TSF]Diz_Oranus on January 27, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
masonicjedi

During the flight, Xevdrin had been in meditation quieting his mind and tuning himself deeper into the river of light that was the Force. However, as things began to become more and more chaotic he came out of meditation and braced himself for what he was sure to be some kind of emergency landing. The disturbances in the Force were great; almost as great as the disturbances of this ship in its inevitable chaotic descent.

After receiving the the mission update, I headed to the temporary armory to look for any sort of weapons or armor, in the corner was a box of grenades. I took a few frags, and ion grenades for the combat landing. The ship jolted as it took some fire from some sith star fighters, then to my right i found a unused scope. So i attached it to my rifle, after about a minute or so, I put on my face plate helmet. Since i couldn't wear the regular helmet, because of my tendrils. Then I attached my face plated straps to the back of my head, and next attached a one eye visor that was link to my computer,for mission updates and target acquisition. Did a last minute check of my gear, and of my fellow troopers, so as we descended to Dantooine, I was only ready to face my first combat mission with Pax.

He saw the ship went down. He flew after but some sith ships fired on him. He wouldn't leave the ship. So they went closer to the ground. They got into a gigantic crash. Sorful got out and looked around saw something coming but passed out. Kryad tried to get away but he didn't get the safety belt of him. So he looked behind him, it was a fire there. So he faded out but felt something pulled him out.

Cutheorn

Arvis looked at the explosions around him, ducking behind a crate to avoid getting hit by shrapnel. Tychus was close to him, handing over his blaster pistol. Arvis exstinguished his yellow blade and sheathed his lightsaber hilt. He took the Pistol that Tychus had offered and started shooting at all the enemies he could see, but barely hit any, Arvis was just not trained for this sort of thing, he yelled above the explosions to Tychus.

"Prepare to blow this camp and give the detonator to me! If we can't hold, we'll just take them with us!"

Arvis continued shooting at his enemies, trying to use the force to aim. He managed to hit one of the sith troopers in the shoulder, it didn't have the effect he hoped for. During the moments between his shots he checked if the distress signal was still active.

Saina saw her comrads fall beside her, they were dying she was certain. They would not survive another wave of enemies, but they seemed to be runing away.

"They must be needing reinforcements some place else, or we are in the direction of a bomb dropper.", she said to her four remaining soilders.

"Then we need to get moving", a smuggler said.

Saina led them out and saw where the enemies was heading, to the old camp. Arvis and Tychus must be holding their last stand.

"We can not help them now we can only try and die. But lets make this hard for the sith. GET THEM!"
Hart of Hircine

On the ship Azno saw his young padawan meditating, Azno saw the calmness and peace in him. Azno only had one worry about his padawan and that was if his student could handle what is about to come.

Azno let the thought go knowing it would only drive him down. Azno then got the mission specs and noticed the major problems. It sounded like a hard mission even for him and the others. "May destiny choose our fates!" Azno spoke as he got himself prepared for the situation.
Lord Marvel

I woke up from my nap because of ship shaking from the enemy fire, I went to cockpit and just one glance at our sensors told me everything, we were already going through the upper atmosphere and Sith still shooting at us. R4 unit that was following Gaiutus on board was connected to computer and with squeaks informed pilot about situation. Don`t know who was piloting, but he was doing hell of a job to avoid at least some of that massive turbo laser fire, however it looked like even his skills were not going to save us from this one.

"Great, either we die, or there will be another crash landing" - I thought.

Than I went back to my previous place and I braced myself for the impact.
[TSF]Diz_Oranus

The fighting was intense as more sith came to reinforce the living and avenge their dead. Tychus, mastering the art of the kill shot during basic training, he took up position on the line and did his duty. The turrets were keeping the enemy at bay and Tychus decided to use that advantage.
"Missles!! Aim for the vehicles, fire at will!
Complying, each trooper had its own target and hit the troop transports with a vengence. Three explosions erupted as the missles impacted upon the light armor of the vehicles. Smoke consumed the field and shots from both sides became more sporadic.
"Bring all heavy weapons to bear, we WILL hold this position to the last, we will only blow this base back to the force when close combat is our only answer to the enemy!'
Each man and woman braced themselves for the next wave. With the lull in the fight, Tychus called for Arvis and asked if he had any word from Saina, who had to be behind enemy lines.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kbrury

The night sky was lit up for a brief moment as the now fiery shuttle plunged into the surface of Dantooine. Momentum caused the ship to roll down the many hills to the base of a Mountain, and finally it stopped. Shook up greatly, Pax had survived the crash but the ship could blow at any minute.

"Everyone, grab what equipment you can and get off the ship immediately!" Gaiutus yelled out. As they got out, the ongoing battles could be heard in the distance, they were not far. All the supplies that could be salvaged were taken out quickly and anyone injured tended too. A temporary camp was quickly set up away from the fiery ship to try and get a better understanding of the current situation.

Master Gaiutus sent two scouts towards the fighting to see what exactly was going on, while radio contact could not be made with anyone from the Republic. Then suddenly the ship began to rumble and proceeded to explode lighting up the sky once again.

The scouts returned and reported that they were positioned behind the Sith advance upon the Republic. By now surely the Sith have sent their own scouts to see what was going on with the explosions behind them.

Gaiutus called a quick briefing to commence the first mission.

Seiryuu braced for impact, as the ship hit the surface. Fire had erupted in sections of the Shuttle, and Gaiutus could be heard giving his order to take whatever you can and get off the ship. Running towards the cargo area Seiryuu looked for anything that he could take with him and that's when he found the body of a man whom he did not recognize.

Feeling that the man had a pulse, Seiryuu tried to awaken the stranger who was wearing armor similar to that of Republic soldiers. The ship began to roar violently as the man finally had woke up. "Get up!, We must get out of here now!" Seiryuu screamed.

After getting out the two ran as fast they could away from the ship, but it soon exploded sending a shock wave at their backs. Luckily they were far enough from the full force of the blast and managed to reach the others.

The man called himself Varan Terrek, there was not much time to ask many questions but they needed to know if he would help them in the fight.

"We have no idea who you are or how you got on the ship, but will you aid us in our fight with Sith?" Seiryuu asked Varan.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: