Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Aldin Kiris

re: Picking up the Pieces. Chapter 3.

"Hmm, what to do, what to do." Aldin said to himself. He wondered around for a minute, then decided what he would do. He would go to the med bay and talk to the troops there, to try and boost theyre moral. It probably was not the best way to forget what had happened on Ord Mantell, but he thought it may be something best not forgotten. As he got arrived, he noticed the look of agony on the faces of his fellow troopers. They were in alot of pain. He couldn't move. He just froze in front of them. Maybe this wasn't his best idea.

Aldin Sig
Arkathos

"Sir could I have a word with you?"

The sudden voice broke a brief silence between him and his master. Varrack's words had been kind, and honest, and for that Gaiutus was grateful.

"Please excuse me Master Varrack." He was acknowledged and then he bowed as Varrack left the private quarters.

He pressed his hand to his comlink, "This is Gaiutus. I'm in my private quarters, feel free to stop by. I'm not feeling well so I'll leave the door unlocked."

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Freyinn

Through the fog of pain and underlying embarrasment of his actions, Freyinn caught a few details. He saw his men carry him into his ship and take him into the small infirmary onboard. The Doc was good but he didn't have the equipment to deal with his injury. He was able to heal his other injuries before his remaining commandos transported him to another ship, this is when he blacked out for an extened period of time.

His next glimpse was of a group of surgeons attaching his new limb socket. He felt the pain but it was very minute. He was protected by the fog and was able to watch unpreturbed. When they had finished attaching it they had one more thing to do, attach the nerve endings of his shoulder to the socket that would work the limb. This hurt, alot. He whited out soon after it started.

Frey awoke a few hours later and was greeted by the beeps of various machines arranged around him and with the ghost pains of his lost limb. The wounded Jedi weakly looked at his left arm and what he saw brought forth a wave of emotions. He saw that everything from just below the shoulder was gone. Freyinn had lost his limb because he had lost control, this was his punishment for letting his anger get the better of him. The Jedi was sad and angry at himself because of his lack of control.

After a few minutes he looked at his "arm" again. He appreciated the socket for the technical marvel that it was. The position where he lost his arm was almost perfect for it, because it started right above the bicep and tricep while being right below the main muscles in his shoulder. He already had an prototype of the limb running through his mind.

Looking around, he saw lots of machines and various gadgets that monitored him. Frey turned his head towards the table by his side and saw his temporary limb. It was crude compared to what he had in mind but it was perfect for casual activities and could aid him in building his replacement. He reached for it with his good arm and noticed the IV stuck in his arm. Sighing he pressed the button for the nurse and waited. She soon entered looking slightly troubled.

"Hello miss, I seem to have a small problem here." He smiled a bit and continued "I can reach my other arm on the table due to this IV and I can't pull the IV out because it's stuck in my only arm at the moment."

She seemed startled at his cheerfulness. She approached "You seem to be in sort of a tangle alright." He noticed her eyes stayed on his face or torso and avoided his arm, or lack there off. "Let me help you with that." She pulled the IV out and removed all the other little pads attached to his bare torso, neck, and forehead.

"Ma'am, where is Master Gaiutus? I need to speak with him." He really needed to discuss what would happen next.

"I last heard he was in his quarters I can get you a hoverchair if you want to go speak with him." She seemed sincere but as the Jedi looked into her eyes all he saw was sadness.

"Ma'am, thank you for the job you have done for my friends and myself. Your service is appreciated even if it is not voiced, without you ma'am us poor souls would not be as healthy as we are. You have brought happiness and hope into a mass of sadness, anger, and pain. Remember that." He smiled and she smiled back with tears in her eyes.

"Also would you please help me find some clothes?" She grinned and walked out of the room. He reached for the prosthetic and inserted it into the socket and locked it. It sent a shock down his spinal cord that made his grimace.

As he finished testing it with little exercises like balling the fingers into a fist and rotating his arm in circles, the nurse returned with a pile of clothing bundled in her arms. "Will you need any help with these?" she asked this with a smile.

Smiling back "No I can manage, I may have lost a limb but I am not crippled and you can keep that chair I will be walking." Raising out of the bed was tough but his muscles obliged. The nurse shrugged and left but stayed by the door.

He had a little troubled with the gown seeing as it was tied in the back but he was able to slip out of it and he pulled on his tight undergarments. He unfolded the robes and realized that the robes were white and they resembled his battle robes minus the battle scars. Smiling he pulled the trousers on and then the tunic. Grabbing the robes he admired them a little more and then pulled them on as well.

"Hows everything going in there?" came the nurse's voice from out in the hall.

Walking out of the door he replied "Fine thank you, also would you mind giving me your name? Also would you like to have lunch after I am finished with Master Gaiutus? I am starving."

She smiled and gave her answer "Sure my shift is just about to end, I would like to sit down and talk." She started walking off but Frey stopped her.

"Your name?"

"Oh sorry, I'm a bit tired, my name is Thracia Allie."

"Nice to meet you Thracia, I'm Freyinn La'Rone."

"Nice to meet you too." And with that she left. Watching her leave Freyinn then headed down the hall heading for his Master.

Last edited by Freyinn on November 22, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mean while on Korriban Azno's mind was cleansed in the tainted power of the Darkside, his mind wiped clean, his memories gone, and was being controlled by a sith lord. He was now far gone. He can still be saved but how?

The sith lord commanded him to strike a useless maintence worker. Azno walked up to the worker with a Vibro Sword and cleaved his head off.

The Sith Lord then told Azno to kill an acolyte and Azno dropped the sword ran up to him and used force lightning. The acolyte fell and got back up. Azno then picked the young failure and force crushed his throat.

((OCC: Azno is being controlled. His memories has been wiped and he doesn't know whats what.))
Aldin Kiris

"Umm Corporal, is something the matter? You don't look to good." a passing nurse said as she stared at Aldin. "Uh, yeah Im ok, just a little shocked" Aldin then walked away without waiting for a reply. He glanced around for a minute, still unnerved by the sight of all the troopers badly hurt. What really bothered him though, was the fact that it could have just as easily been him who got hurt. And that some of them would die from the wounds. The look on their faces, he couldn't take it. He composed himself and walked out. It was time to rest. He walked casually to his room, occasionally conversing with people he met on his way there. He got in his room and laid down on the bed. Then he fell asleep.

Aldin Sig
---Aux---

Aux' walked from the medbay towards Gaiutus's office. He arrived and stepped in the door.

"Hello sir," Aux' said. "Mind answering a few questions?"

"Sure, why not," Gaiutus said.

"You will be able to help very soon" the female medic said.

The thought of being stuck here for hours, days or even weeks made Jacen unsettled. The Medic's words had brought hope to Jacen and made him smile at her.

He grabbed the Human Female Medic's hand, and said "Thank you for helping me."
Arkathos

As his friend walked into the door, Gaiutus brought his hover chair up so he could be eye-to-eye with the man.

"Mind answering a few questions?" he asked, his intentions seemed good in nature.

"Sure, why not." Gaiutus replied.

Aux looked warily around, then, reluctantly, asked his questions. "Why did you kill the sith in the temple? The one who you could have spared..It was unnecessary Master Balthar."

"Aux, he killed a very dear friend of mine, someone who I could have called my brother. Master Ren'Sacen and I trained as younglings together at the Jedi Academy first on Corucsant, then, on Tython following the attack. He tortured him severely, killed him, disgraced him by removing his Lekku...There is no greater insult to a Twi'lekk than that. Aveyn...she is like a daughter to me, or a niece. I felt her loss for Ren'Sacen. I gave the fallen one a chance, but he struck at me without end. I do not deny my actions, but I will not be held accountable for defending myself when he was warned not to attack me again."

He listened intently, and absorbed what was said. He seemed to understand, but Gaiutus could not now for certain. He then spoke again.
"Why is natira acting so weird? I mean, her act in the medical bay disrupted everyone...No jedi should behave like that."

Gaiutus glanced a look to the floor then back at the inquisitive Jedi's eyes. "You will have to ask her yourself. I cannot speak for another person Aux."

Aux grinned at this, an obvious cop-out of answering the question. "Lastly Master Balthar...I have family on Alderaan, and, I would be most appreciative if you could grant me a leave so I could visit them. We are near the Alderaan System, I would be gone only a few days."

They weren't going anywhere soon, and if they were, it would be to a non-hostile planet. Likely Coruscant as they had need to meet with the Senate. "Yes, you have my leave Aux. Please, say hello to your family, though you know we are not supposed to interact with them."

He bowed and turned to walk away. It was then he stopped suddenly, and looked back at Gaiutus. Removing his lightsaber the Jedi ignited it.

"You sense it too..." Gaiutus said alertedly.

Aux simply nodded in response.

"Lets get to the Medical Bay...now."

Freyinn

As Freyinn was approaching the door to his Master's quarters he sensed a massive disturbance and immediatly grabbed his lightsaber. He was unnerved and he turned around as to see what was happening 2 floors down and 20 meters to the left.

A second later Aux burst out of the door followed by the very person he came to see.

"Did you sense that Frey?"

"Yes, let's move. It could be over before we even arrive." And with that Freyinn ran down the corridor and into an elevator followed by Aux and a speeding hoverchair. Frey pushed the down button and waited for the elevator to reach the medical level.

The elevator doors opened and aux' burst out blade activated, with Freyinn and Gaiutus close behind. Aux' used the force to accelerate his speed as he ran towards the medical center. He arrived at the doorway to see a horrid scene inside the room. Many people had been knocked out, and an imperial spy was holding a blaster to Natira's head.

"Don't move Jeedai, or she dies," the spy said.

Aux' contemplated moving, because obviously the spy wanted Natira alive, but decided against it, as the risk was to high as she could instead shoot one of the many incapacitated people in the room who were expendable to the spy. Aux' had a bad feeling about this.

The situation was bad, and Gaiutus felt so useless in his hover chair. The spy had been in appearance as a nurse. She likely had been working around them, maybe even on him...

Gaiutus lowered his hover chair, and shut it down. He pushed himself slowly out of the seat and stood, much to his pain, to face the aggressor. "Miss, I do not know who you are, or what it is that you desire here, but I assure you that Natira is not the person you want as a hostage."

He took a step towards them and the woman hissed, pulled her arm tight on Natira's ribcage and pushed the blaster harder against her temple. "I said not to move!" she shouted.

He knew that they could not get to her, there was no force power or lightsaber technique to get her out of this situation, at least not without getting Natira killed...They would need someone with a blaster, take a clean shot. An unexpected shot. As he thought this he met with Natira's eyes, and as they locked, he could see all that had taken place leading up to this moment.

aimeetaoni

Strange behaviors had all led up to this point. Natira had dropped hints along the way that something was up. She had recognized the nurse an Imperial Sith spy someone she had encountered long ago. She had threatened Natira that if she told it would be over. The incident in the medical bay had been her attempt to get to get the word out. Natira knew her past would catch up with her eventually. And so it had.

The woman had grabbed Natira by the hand and she whipped out the blaster, forcing it to her side. There had been quite the ruckus as Natira had been taken hostage. Several people had attempted to help her only to be knocked out. Natira stared helpless..she only hoped that Gaiutus or someone would be there soon.
It was at that moment that Aux arrived in the room to see the scene.

“Don’t move Jeedai, or she dies," the spy said.

A few minutes later it was then she saw Gaiutus enter as well as Freyinn. There was some relief.
“Miss I do not know who you are, or what it is that you desire here, but I assure you that Natira is not the person you want as a hostage."

It was then that Gaiutus took a step forward and she felt the blaster press harder against her temple.

"I said not to move!" the woman shouted.

Natira looked towards Gaiutus and they locked eyes, the woman moved, backing up, she was going towards Jacen’s bed.

“Did you not think her past would catch up to her Jedai?” the woman hissed “Do you really think the Emperor is going to allow someone to leave the Empire? Your friend here has a bounty on her head.”

Natira was pulled back further, they had reached Jacen’s bed. Her eyes went wide when she finally realized where she was…Jacen. Now they knew her past. A past which she so desperately tried to hide. Her eyes widened. Gaiutus knew her thoughts on her family, if it meant her life over her sons or Gaiutus, she would give it up gladly.

((OOC - Thanks for pausing, post is up. Cheers!))

Last edited by Jedi Knight Varrack on November 23, 2009 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Varrack had felt the disturbance in The Force as he was approacing the Pax-Galactica. It was slightly abscured by the heated emotions running wild within the ship, but he knew a sith was on board.

When the assassin had made her move, he felt exactly where, Medbay, that she was located.

With lightning speed he ran to the entrance of the med bay, but he stopped short of the entrance. He could hear the Sith threatening for the Jedi to "not move". The assasssin was distracted... perfect.

He paused slightly by the door, and reached out with his mind, seeking the cooperation of The Force. He felt the layout of the room in his mind. How many tables lay between him and the assassin. How many turns he would need to make, and in what direction.

Left - right - right - straight - left. The ceiling was too low to jump.

He knew that the assassin had a weapon pressed against their "would be" victim, but he needed to visually see.

He held out the pommel of his lightsaber. It's finely polished surface reflected the room, a small duplication of the event taken place beyond the door.

He made out that the assassin was facing the the door he was sidled up to, and that Gaiutus was in front of her, between He and the Sith. The assassin held a blaster to the temple of Natira, she was nervous and agitated. He mind was cluttered and that was precisely what he needed. He calculated the risks, as he placed the lightsaber on his belt.

He knew that this assassin needed to be caught and captured, if possible, and interrogated. Any Jedi would understand this, even one with a blaster held to her head.

Very quietly, to himself, "May The Force be with us all."

(What occurs next is portrayed in detail, but occurrs in a matter of seconds...)
He turned with speed and precision into the opening of the medbay. He had memorized the exact position of where the gun was being held, so that it was the first thing that his eyes made contact with. With a flash of his hand he connected with the Force, crushing all of the bones in the blater wielding hand of the intruder. As the very first nerve impulses were reaching her brain, making her aware of the pain, Varrack motioned forward with his other hand creating a wave of force knocking both Natira and the female Sith backwards and away from each other.

As the Sith went flying backwards away from her prey, pain began to register in her mind, she began to scream in pain. Her mind sending an electrical impulse to ther blaster finger to fire... the bones crunching together, causing more pain, and no response from the weapon. She continued to tumble backwards.

Master Varrack, with the aid of the force, charged like a bolt farther into the room, past Gaiutus. Left, right ,right, straight, right... to exactly where his opponent was, just catching her balance. However, for her, it was too late.

The bright orange blade of the lightsaber gave a brief flash to the on lookers in the room. Using his skill in Tràkata, he had activated his lightsaber while removing it from his belt, and with a smooth upwards-angled sweeping motion, he removed the Siths shattered weapon hand. Sweeping back down, in the same original motion he returned the lightsaber to it's resting position at his side, on his belt.

The screams of the assassin, peaked as Varrack placed both of his hands together and with a thrusting motion, sent a direct concussive blast of Force energy the forehead of the assailant. She flew back several feet and slid, unconcious, into a grouping of medical supply plasteel containers. The Sith's unconcious body came to rest roughly 15 feet away from Natira, who was looking at Varrack with a sense of relief and amazement.

Varrack looked at the Republic Guards, just now making their entrance into the medbay and boomed in a commanding voice, "Take this filth into custody, and see to her injuries. I want her ready for questioning in no more than one hour."

He walked over to Natira, "Are you injured?" He could see no visible injuries caused by his actions, a slight muzzle impression on her temple from the blaster that was held there.

"I apologize for the abruptness of my assistance, however, Gaiutus had her attention and the distraction was necessary."

Kryad understood that no one would answer. So he linked the comlink to the message board. Kryad went out in the camp. Some sith came in to the camp. They brought a message to the leader.

After the sith was gone, Kryad went to leader. "Kryad this will be hard for you, but you have to aid us here. We got to kill a republic scout group. When we have done so, they will give us a war ship. So we can leave this planet and make the sith not mind us."

Kryad looked into his eyes, it was not a joke. He said " Okay lets do this. But all thing we have in camp, a ship I got and the speeder I want to have with me."
"We can do that. So I give you the lead for this, and relax it is just two soldiers."
Kryad went out and took ten men with him. They found them. Kryad gave order to set up the rocket launcher. They shot them. Kryad turned around when they shot.

They took the bodies as proof. The leader called the sith. They came, saw it, they left and came back with some transports. Kryad sent someone to get his ship. At same time they began to pack the camp. He got allowed to have own transport at that moment. He took the message board and the speeder in his. He saw that everyone else were ready. He said "Lets get to the ship"

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: