Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Ellegos

re: Picking up the Pieces. Chapter 3.

Vacko was in a torment of emotions with the addition of pain. Gently as the battle inside of him raged on with his memories, he felt a gentle hand caress the back of his head, with a hand resting across his large chest, the pain subsiding slightly. I told them not to use anesthesia damn it, He thought to himself.

His vision clearing from the black out, he could see a gentle female above him, looking him in his eyes. He saw lips move, and faint noises all around him echoing, but it was all to drowned out by the pain. He was feeling calm, at peace. He hadn't felt like this in years, decades even. He recognized the woman caring for him as the Doctors were finishing on the installment. He couldn't move his head somehow, and was forever locked to her eyes.

It was angelic, beautiful even. Such words he never even though of for years in his service to the people and Republic. He tried to speak, but only garbled words came out, he didn't even know what he was saying to her. He knew he wasn't on a pain relieving injection, else he would be asleep by now.

He heard a voice in the background again, this time not the woman's. All in one mighty surge, pain shocked vibrantly through his body again. Violently he threw his arm up, clasping it harshly against the woman's hand across his chest. Screaming through his teeth before he passed out again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kryad Explo

Kryad looked on his map. He was not far away. But suddenly the speeder began to make sounds, Kryad turned his head to see. Then the speeder engine exploded. He got no damage from that, but then the bike threw him over him over. He rolled on the ground. Then the speeder landed on his legs. He saw someone come, but he was to weak so he closed his eyes.

He woke up and saw he was in a hut. He saw a some guards. They all looked at him. One ran out of the hut. Ten minutes later a guy with leader suit came and asked "What do you want here?" "Jensaarai." said Kryad "Guards out!" the leader said. He and Kryad began to talk long. In the end Kryad had found out some things, he was gonna support him. But Kryad fell asleep again.

Next morning he thought of that he had not thought of his legs, so he looked. It was still there. So he went out to the leader.
"Two things. One thanks you for joining the republic and leaving sith. Two how did you fix my legs?" Kryad asked.
"Well we got a jedi here, he is a prisoner for life, so if we almost lost something we use him."
"Okay do you got anything so I can send a message to far away?"
"Yes go to the big house there. Say I sent you"
"Thanks mate" and Kryad walked to the house.

When Kryad got into the house he said he was sent. So he got to the message board. Sent a message to Pax Galactica.
"Pax Galactica, is everyone fine that you did save on Ord Mantell?"

aimeetaoni

"Mother I'm ok, but how are you and the others doing?" His son's broken body laying there, speaking weakly to her. All the medical bay had turned their attention on them, all in shock, and many in disbelief. Some even, in disapproval.

"Everyone was ok until this outburst." he sharply said before she could reply to Jacen. "Natira, he is being looked after by the best medical officers the Republic has to offer. You are unwell and you have awoken and disrupted the entire medical bay!" He looked at her sternly. "Furthermore you have just compromised us, not only before our friends and the Republic, but before my own master!"

Natira felt like shouting at him, but when he said his own master was here, she understood why he was so bothered by the situation.

"Jacen, do not worry about anyone here, they are all fine. I have just been going around and I do not believe anyone who is alive now, will not be so in a few days this time." He smiled within hearing the compassion for others in Jacen's question. "Natira, you need to rest. A jedi cannot be ruled by emotions, for that is the path which leads to the Dark Side. Calm yourself and trust that the Force will take care of him. It has not failed us before."

Natira almost scowled at Gaiutus, but she caught herself from doing so. And instead she just frowned. She had made enough of a scene already. She felt bad and she had exposed all three of them to everyone.

She felt horrible. Some eyes still remained on the three of them. She wanted to tell them to go back to work.. Her eyes shifted from her son, to Gaiutus..and finally to Master Varrack.

She would make the sacrifice. Gaiutus was too important and much more needed then she was on this vessel. She looked over at Master Varrack, her voice calm. Perhaps, the calmest it had been in a while.

"Master Varrack if there is to be any form of punishment. Please do not inflict it upon Master Balthar. I will take full responsibility, for what has occured."

This is not something she would consider lightly. However, she considered her son and Gaiutus to be of far more use to the Order then she is.

Carefully, Aveyn withdrew her hand from him when he passed out, balling her hand into a cautious fist. It didn't seem too bad, but she had no doubts there would be bruising. Already she could feel the blood welling from broken blood vessels under her skin where his fingers had bit into her hand with his strength.

"Aveyn?" she looked up and blinked a couple of times, trying to refocus her mind from her hand to Doras. He was watching her, concern on his face as he spoke, "Are you alright? You started shaking at the end there...and you bit your lip, it's bleeding..."

Absently, she moved the bruising hand up to her face, and gave a little shrug. "Nothing that can't be fixed with a good meal and some rest," she replied looking back from the chief medical officer to Vacko as he lay unconscious. "He'll be starving when he wakes--rearranging things like that within someone burns a lot of energy, even more if the person isn't a Jedi," or Sith, she thought as she sat down in a chair to the side of the room to collect herself.

Doras stood next to her, now moving into a more fatherly tone of voice, "Well, regardless, I want you to go relax for a bit, Ivuuri and I can handle the rest of the major surgeries for the morning, and you've been up too long already. I'll worry about Tibbs and his nose. Perhaps you can go and water the plants in the biolab?" he patted her shoulder gently before turning to leave the room.

"This makes no sense sometimes," Aveyn blurted out before he left, causing him to turn back to face her, a look of perplexity causing the fine wrinkles he had on his face to become more noticeable.

"Most things don't," he replied, his voice sympathetic, though he seemed unsure exactly what she was talking about it.

She shook her head with a sigh, "You would have made a perfect Jedi, so why not...why does the Force have to work like this..."

His eyes softened and he replied with a rueful shrug of his shoulders, "People are good because of the choices they make in their lives Aveyn, not because some mystical force chooses them to be. Regardless of whether or not someone is able to tap into something greater has nothing to do with how they live their life. I could give anyone a scalpel, but it doesn't mean he'll be any good at using it."

"But anyone could learn how to use it if they practiced long enough. It just doesn't seem fair..." she looked from Doras down to her feet, not wanting to catch his eyes.

"You're old enough to recognize nothing in life is 'fair' Aveyn. It's just what you make of a situation."

Even though she knew just how right Doctor Chander was, she now felt embarrassed by her words. "I know...all that time I spent a prisoner in that temple...I think I learnt more about healing with the Force during those weeks that I had in the years previous. Healing the same injuries day after day, fighting to live...I know it improved my grasp of things immensely yet," she paused, trying not to sound bitter as she continued, "to lose my Master in the process--had I known the cost, I don't think I could have paid it."

"Some of the people here would have died if not for you, perhaps you should think on that hmm?" Doras gave her a sad smile, "Now go water the plants for Ivuuri, I know she will love you for it."

Slowly, Aveyn lifted herself out of the chair, using only her left hand to boost herself up. As she left the room, she thought about seeking out Master Balthar, but shook her head to herself, shooing the thought away. You're a grown woman Aveyn, you can't run to someone else every time you're hurting anymore, physical or emotional. Wordlessly, she went about the daily task of watering the medicinal plants that Ivuuri so carefully tended to in the biolab, relaxing in the sweet smells of the room, and the freshness of the air.

And always, after she finished, she found herself standing in the morgue over the body of her dead master, replacing the purple donar flower she put there a few days before. It had been Ivuuri's idea, for her to bring her master a flower when she visited, and the donar blooms, native to Ithor, were one of the masterpieces of the non medicinal garden that the ithorian woman tended to in her spare time. Aveyn agreed with Ivuuri's sentiments, she knew Rens'acen would have appreciated their beauty.
Kryad Explo

"Pax Galactica, is everyone fine that you did save on Ord Mantell?" Sorful got it in on his comlink. Him and Kryad had made it go on same line. He just heard it and didn't mind it.

Last edited by Kryad Explo on November 20, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arkathos

Gaiutus shot Natira a sharp look, then softened his gaze so that she would understand that it was not to her in which the blame should fall.

"Certainly Master, let us 'walk'"

As the two men started off, he turned and nodded to Natira, and Jacen, then met the eyes of the individuals inside the med bay who now looked at him with confusion. Gaiutus hovered beside his old mentor, as they moved out of the large grey room, and out into the hallway and then into a private chamber where they stopped and stared out at the stars through the clear glass window.

"You are lucky." Master Varrack started. "To have such an experience as you did. Few Jedi can claim to have felt and seen what you just saw, because most fear what will happen. The truth is, you did not 'fear', you accepted, and acceptance of one's circumstances are enough to keep you from straying into the Dark Side, for that is what fear leads to."

As always, he was right. It was well understood that fear led to the darkside, uncertainty and malcontent as well. "Of course master, but I have violated our creed, and forsaken the Order's commands."

Again his old master spoke, "A Jedi is a beacon of light not because he is rigid in his thinking, a slave to rules and commands, but because he is understanding, adapting, and believes strongly in the good of a situation. I know many Jedi who have never defied the council's code, yet have fallen short of what a true Jedi is, and look at you, I see before me a Jedi Master." He paused then finished, "I see a father."

This whole time neither man had taken his gaze off the stars before them, but at this, Gaiutus shifted his eyes slightly towards him and smiled. His master had always been understanding, though stern at the same time.

"Give me a report please, I am eager to know what has gone on."

Gaiutus bowed slightly and stepped onto the small landing before the window, lowering his chair so he could reach the ground. He placed a holo-projector before them and activated it. A large galaxy map appeared indicating twelve planets, two of which were highlighted in a yellow glow. "We recovered this from the ruins upon Tython." he explained. "The highlighted planets, Tython and Ord Mantell have already been visited. The Senate dispatched us some time back to investigate rumors of Sith activity regarding a weapon they planned to utilize to win the war. The Senate pretends that they believe in this peace, but we all know that there is no such thing with the Sith."

As he went on, the Pax Galactica prepared itself to jump to hyperspace and enter into the next star system. He had yet to meet with the Captain, so their destination was unknown to him. As the stars began to flicker and speed up, so too did the clock which counted down to their next battle. This time, Gaiutus was decided that they would not be caught off guard as they had on Ord Mantell, never again.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Lord Marvel

Andrew had few hours of spare time, so he decided to go to med bay, and check how everyone is doing. He knew that some of them will get artificial limbs today, similiar to those he already had, but of course theirs will be covered with synthetic skin... not like his.

As he arrived to med bay, he was witness to a scene between Natira, Gaiutus, Jacen... and everybody in this room. He was schocked for a second, but than thought:
"Hey, he is still a man, side of being Jedi." and shrug his shoulders.

As Gaiutus, along with some other Jedi went to Balthar private chambers, everyone were still stareing at Natira, exit from med bay, and Jacen.

"Hey, people, get back to work! - Andrew yelled - There is nothing to stare at. And all you wounded, all of you were sleeping for past 10 minutes, understood?"

A murmur of acceptance was heard across the room, as everybody resumed their duties. Andrew went through med bay, and gave a slap at Natiras arm and winked at her with smile. Than he went to check on soldiers that were in worst condition.
Jedi Knight Varrack

"It is my belief, as well as many on the council, that this peace is a ruse."

Varrack turned away from the streaking stars and looked at Gaiutus directly.

"The Force reverberates with the deceptions of the Sith. They are waiting, planning, perhaps regrouping. This peace is nothing but a brief respite before the furious storm to come."

"I am here to join the mission."

He placed his hand on Gaiutus' shoulder, in reassurance.

"You are in command my former student, I am here as a Knight of the Republic and as an adviser, nothing more."

Gaiutus seemed relieved that his mentor and friend was here. There were was sure to be lingering fears, and emotions within the team that would be difficult to overcome. Gaiutus felt that Master Varrack's presence would be of some help to refocus the effort of the team.

"Gaiutus," The silver haired man spoke, evenly and softly. "In relation to the violation you spoke of, The Council will not hear of it."

He cleared his throat and appeared to soften in the eyes.

"I have never fathered a son, it was not my destiny to do so. However, I have become the proud teacher of a very fine student and friend. Your challenge with The Force will be a different one than mine. You will have to battle feelings and fears that I can never fully understand, but I trust in you and your connection with The Force."

Varrack's hand still upon his former Padawan's shoulder, he squeezed gently. Master Varrack stepped away from Master Balthar, and with a slight wave of his hand he 'asked' The Force to retrieve the holo-emiter from the floor. It floated quietly into the aging Master's awaiting hand and he shut down the image.

"Now, we must reflect on what happened, and make plans to avoid similar circumstances in the future."

Natira watched as Gaiutus walked off with Master Varrack. She frowned as she saw everyone still standing in the medbay gawking at her and Jacen. Then she heard Andrew speaking
"Hey, people, get back to work! - Andrew yelled - There is nothing to stare at. And all you wounded, all of you were sleeping for past 10 minutes, understood?"

A murmur of acceptance was heard across the room, as everybody resumed their duties. Andrew went through med bay, and gave a slap at Natiras arm and winked at her with smile.

She smiled at her friend, greatful to still have one after her scene. Watching her friend walk away. A nurse remained..she was hesistant to say anything.

Natira looked over at the woman. "May I help you?"

"Master Jedi..I'm sorry to bother you..." the woman was stuttering, like she was frightened Natira might yell at her.

"Yes?"

"We need to heal your hand before it is too late.." In all of the commotion she had forgotten her own injury.Her hand had been nearly sliced off by the sith's lightsaber.

"Of course..I'm sorry. I forgot." She smiled at the nurse, the nurse seemed to relax a bit. Natira stood from her chair, looking over at her son, who had fallen asleep. She fixed Jacen's blanket and moved out of the room, she followed the nurse .

Sitting down in a chair, the nurse began to attempt to examine hand. It didn't look good, the bone had been damaged.

Vacko.... Vacko....

"Sergeant!"

He opened his eyes abruptly, crust in his eye sockets from the deep sleep I had been drowned in to by the intense pain and shock. Looking around the room, he was laying on my back still, and a bright light was above him, hurting his eye's. "Check his eyes and pulse please, nurse." A Doctor spoke near him. Just as soon, a light flashed in both of his eyes, and he felt pressure gaging his arm as they checked his pulse.

"He's fine Doctor, heart beat stable, and no signs of fatigue." The nurse spoke, looking to the doctor as she handed him the tablet she was writing on. "Excellent," He spoke, then looking down to me. "Sergeant, can you sit up?" He spoke.

He grunted, as he leaned forward. His back was still tense from the strenuous surgery that put him in to shock. Besides that, he felt fine, great even, but felt very hungry. He rested his head in his palms, as he rubbed his eyes to help see his surroundings clearer, before resting finally on the Doctor.

"Sergeant, the operation was successful, now the question is right now, can you use the leg?" He spoke to him, writing something in to his tablet, Vacko looked down to where is new limb was attached. It was metallic, and polished. Holding circuitry behind areas of see-through panels. Blue lighting was dimmed behind the see-through panels, and beyond that he could see notable servo motors working inside.

Straightening it out as far as he could before it fell, he frowned at this. "It'll take a few days before your body will grow fully accustomed to this new limb. But you will soon be back to normal sergeant." He spoke to him, tucking the tablet under his arm.

"This isn't going to cost me anything I hope." He grumbled, as he attempted to stand up and was successful. Standing straight up, towering the Doctor in front of him. It must have startled the Doctor, as he backed up slightly before regaining himself again.

"Not at all Sergeant, all payed for by your great government." The Doctor spoke sarcastically. Vacko took a few steps to the door, he was hungry, and needed food. "Easy Sergeant, your not going anywhere right now until we do some check-ups." The Doctor spoke, but did not attempt to get in front of him.

Vacko turned his head, looking over his shoulder staring devilishly in to the Doctors eyes. "I'm hungry, and I need food obviously. So either I find my way there or you can show me, tests can wait." He said. The Doctor sighed, rubbing his temples, mumbling under his breathe something about soldiers and arrogance, Vacko didn't care too much right then.

"Go, just be sure to check back up here when you can Sergeant." He said to him, Vacko turned his around and opened the door exiting the Emergency room, walking in to a medical bay filled with the screams and groans of other Soldiers. Soldiers he had led in to the battle.

They were all his troops, and it pained him to see them in such a heavy blow and suffer like this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Aldin Kiris

Aldin was staring into space when he felt a pain in his stomach. He snapped out of his daze and looked around. He decided then that he would go check to see if Vacklo was alright. He found a nurse and asked of his condition. "Yes Corporal, he is fine. he just came out of his opperation." Then the nurse turned and walked off. "So he's OK then." Aldin thought. He wanted to go see the other troopers, but the problem was, most were in med bay. He had heard talk of something that happened with the Jedi, and he wondered what it was. Then he saw Gaiutus and Master Varrack walk by. He wanted to ask if there was anything he could do, but it was clear they were in a deep conversation, so he kept it to himself. He paced around for a while, trying take his mind off the battle. Then he walked over to med bay to see what was going on there.

Aldin Sig
---Aux---

Aux' found himself standing near the doors to the med bay. There was still an immense amount of pain coming from the room. He stepped in the door, to see nurses tending to the wounded and the room a flurry of activity.

"Has anyone seen Gaiutus? I would like a word with him," Aux said.

Aux' waited for a reply.

Andrew after visiting his, more or less, wounded fellow soldiers thought about going to gym to exercise. Exercises were good, when you get tired, you think less, and after this action there were many unpleasant things going through his head. Despite his smiling, there were dark clouds in his head, and open wounds deep inside, every time he thought they were healed already, after seeing death of many soldiers, they kept opening again and again.

"This will be a bad night... I need to go and tire myself out till my body will go numb." he thought to himself.

On his way out of med bay, he saw Aldin walking around, and gave him nonchalanty salute with a smile.

"Has anyone seen Gaiutus? I would like a word with him," Aux said.

When Andrew was walking by him he said:

"Gaiutus is having a "walk" with some Jedi I haven`t seen here before, so he may be anywhere on the ship." after a second he have added "Wouldn`t it be easier to contact him by comlink?"

Than he left med bay and started walking in direction of gym, to spend there next few hours.
Jorax Skyles

Jacen was being attended to as he awoke from his painful sleep, so he decided ask the nurse a couple of questions. He knew that he was hurt and would be ok, but of course theirs will be some that dont make it. He asked the nurse.

"When will I be able to go help???"
---Aux---

"Doh," Aux' said to himself. He had completly forgotten that he had a commlink, but this matter was probably better discussed face to face, as with a commlink anyone near him or Gaiutus could hear everything that was said. Aux' pulled out his commlink and commed Gaiutus.

"Sir could I have a word with you?" Aux' asked.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: