Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Hart of Hircine

re: The Dangerous Pursuit 2.0

Azno woke up on Aux's shoulders and said "Did we win I sense they are retreating*Cough* oh and I can walk form here this is just a minor injury for me."
---Aux---

Aux' was shocked to find that Azno had woken up.

"Did we win I sense they are retreating*Cough* oh and I can walk form here this is just a minor injury for me." Azno Said.

"Our part of the fight was won but the sith are still numerous all over the ship," Aux' Replied, "I would let you walk, but we have to get to the medical center with these man, weather or not you feel better, and in your state I don't think you can run as fast as we need to move"

Aux', Azno and the troopers continued moving twords the medical center.

Gaiutus turned on his heels and barked into his comlink for a full tactical fall back to the escape pod bay near the hangar. Several landing craft and the escape pods could likely get them to the planet's surface but he was unsure if they could make it in time, or make it past the battery fire now streaking in full force from the Sith ship. A blast rocked the foundations of the Pax Republica and emergency lights began flashing and a voice over the intercom began. "Please proceed to the nearest evacuation point. Structural integrity depleting."

At that voice, the entire ship began evacuating, with well over 300 personnel on board. Arkava and the rest of those near him began a hasty retreat back throughout the ships corridors and to the evacuation point. As they reached the hangar they witnessed a demoralizing sight. Ten landing craft made it out of the hangar, covered by pilots in small fighters and the Pax Republica's batteries, but one devastating shot found its mark into the very depth of the hangar itself. At least thirty souls were killed and the hangar exit collapsed making the escape pods their only option. And there wouldn't be enough for everyone left on board...

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
aimeetaoni

Natira was on the command center when the hangar collapsed. The bridge shook violently...there were only a few left on the bridge. Shrapnel started falling from the ceiling and other unknown places. She had already argued with the Admiral about him staying behind and going down with the ship if the time came. She couldn’t talk him out of it. She had stayed behind to help secure the command center and make sure Gaiutus and the others had gotten out safely.

There was fear in the air..she could sense it from the others that remained behind.

“Lady Baltar..we’re secure..you really need to go now. “

She tried to drown the noise of the fighting could hear in the distance.

Her eyes looked the young crew member on board and then back to the Admiral. Her head was spinning.

She blinks to clear her thoughts a moment, looking to the Admiral once more.

“I’m going Admiral…..and Admiral…thank you..” she looks to him and then moves out of the command center with two others, to the lift which she hopes is still working. The bridge only contains the Admiral now…

Kail felt himself being dragged back into his body with the noise of Gaiutus' voice shouting for a full tactical retreat to the escape pods. He knew they were near, and he could work with his wounds for now, not well, but at least he could escape.

"Lets go boys!" Kail shouted as he lobbed a smoke grenade between the republic soldiers and the Imperials, creating a mask of smoke for them to retreat; the Imperials couldn't shoot with a clear view of what they were trying to hit so the results here should be comedic. As for the Jedi, he had heard rumors of their abilities, and Kail was sure navigating in a straight line through a smoke screen was definitely in the realm of their powers; hell even he could do it.

Kail turned and ran, taking a quick inventory of what he had as he went. 1 clip left, his rifle, and the medi-kit on his side. He knew the basic of how to use it but he had no formal training. He knew he could patch up his wounds in the escape pod temporarily, and that was good enough for him.

reaching the pods, Kail opened one of the two man pods, leaping in and readying the pod for launch. Poking his head out the door, he shouted "One seat left! One way trip for Ord Mantell! Leaving in t-minus 30!"
Arkathos

Gaiutus took a sharp turn just before reaching the Pod Bay. He could not get on a pod without first confirming that the Pax Republica die as she'd lived, firing away and destroying Sith with every shot. He ran to the TurboLift but saw it was locked and in use. With little time he made his way to the Comm. center where he hailed the Admiral on the bridge.

"Admiral this is Gaiutus, what's her status?"

The Admiral turned about slowly from the window of the bridge. He had a look of determination, and of pride.

"She's holding together Jedi. Our shields are down, hyperdrive is shot, life-support is failing, our hull has multiple breaches, we're taking raw hits, and our hangar bay is gone."

"I know...we were there Admiral."

"Then you know what you have to do." There was a moment of silence. "I know what I have to do."

He turned and punched in some coordinates. While he worked Gaiutus saw the turbolift open up and Natira, followed by two crewmembers made their way towards the escape pods.

The Admiral now looked back to Gaiutus' holo-projection. "I can't promise to see you on the ground, but I can promise to see you there safely. This beautiful hunk of metal has one last surprise left for those Sith sons of a bitches, and I'll be damned if they rip her from me before I chose it to be so. Now get moving, there's only twelve escape pods left. Keep my crew safe down there Jedi, they're counting on you now."

The decorated Admiral saluted Gaiutus, giving a wry smile, and Gaiutus returned it.

"May the Force be with you Admiral."

"And may it be with you as well Jedi. You have exactly seventy seconds to get out of here, don't look back."

With that the holo-image broke up and disappeared. Turning, he ran into the pod loading area and helped get everyone prepared for launch. Several people were missing, and they would have to eject from the Pax Republica with or without them in fifty more seconds. Gaiutus held his breath, refusing to launch his pod till the last second. Hopefully, they would make it in time.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Arkava

Pax Republica Capital Ship

A mammoth explosion rocked the ship. Arkava looked out the window and saw the pure destruction. The hangar bay had been collapsed, along with about thirty of the Republic's best pilots. Today was a day people would never forget.

His first thought was to make sure that the pods could escape without being blasted to shreds by the turbolaser batteries on the sith cruiser. He rushed to the control room, he wanted to talk to the Admiral in person.

"Admiral...?" he started, "When will the Pax Republica be completely destroyed?"

He laughed, kind of a maniacle laugh, and replied, "Just as I told your master, she goes down when I ram her into the side of that sith ship, and not a minute before."

Arkava sputtered for words, but he could think of none that could give true thanks for the Admiral's sacrifice. Instead, he gave the Admiral a big bear-hug.

Arkava helped the battered Republic forces in their retreat. He tried to heal people he could, but there was no way he could heal everyone. He couldn't help but feel cynical... Why exactly was he healing people that weren't going to last another 50 seconds?

The emergency lights flashed and blared out a message. Only ten seconds before the ship met her fate. Arkava looked around, and settled into the pod with Gaiutus. Arkava felt sad, and he could see by the look on his face that Gaiutus was too. But they were both determined not to launch their pod until the last possible moment.
Kryad Explo

Kryad understood that something was wrong. So he grabbed his lightsaber. Made a hole in the Ship. He jumped down looked around and hear the alarm. He yelled out "Sorful see if you can get the ship working. I will be running to find an escape pod!". Sorful went back to the ship. Kryad ran to find the closest computer. He found a computer and uploaded the map. Found out all he needed to know and ran the right way.

In the hall way just before the escape pods. Two siths were running. He pulled his pistol and began to shoot. One of the sith fell, the other ran away, most likely get some backup. Kryad kept running to the escape pods. He watched the map sometimes to be sure to ran right way. He turned into a room. It was the right one. Kryad saw the seat in Kails pod. He got in and said " We are ready to go".

Kail Sirius

"Good to see you alive and well Kyrad" Kail said with a smile, slamming the door to the escape pod, "Lets get this hunk of metal moving shall we?" Kail asked as he punched in the launch code.

He heard the door seal shut, the slight whirring of the machinery within the escape pod coming to life, ironically keeping him alive as well by producing a stable air environment.

Looking through the rear window he saw a few sith coming; only to be crushed by a piece of the ceiling as the ship fell apart.

"Goodbye Pax Republica ya old dog," Kail said with a tone of sorrow in his voice, "You've done a damn good job of keeping us alive till the end"

With a slight salute, Kail turned away from the only home he had known since he lied about his age at 16 in order to join the fight with the republic.

It had been a good run.

Sitting down in his seat, Kail took a deep breath, held back some tears; there was time for those later, and grabbed the short wave radio, "Kail and Kyrad launching now. Pod number 7. See you all on the ground."

Pressing the launch button, Kail couldn't help but look back for a moment, watching his home fly towards the sith ships, knowing fully well what the admiral planned and Kail agreed with the plan fully. He just wished he could pull his eyes away from the scene.
Kryad Explo

Kryad thought of two things. One if Sorful had gotten of the ship alive. Two to hide the red blade, cause no one wanted to see a red lightsaber. Specially after this, the sith had attacked and all.

Kryad asked Kail "Can you keep a secret?", very serious. He hoped he would get a no, but still a yes. Cause of everyone he trusted now was him, only one could here him.

Kail Sirius

Kail sat quietly, still looking out the rear window at the shattered remains of his home; "Sure" Kail croaked quietly. He felt tears welling up in his eyes and sorrow filling his voice.

Sitting back down his his chair he took a deep breath, sighed and leaned forward, his head in his hands as he spoke quietly and sadly; his usual happy i-got-out-alive mood gone entirely, "I'm listening"
Jorax Skyles

Jacen turned on his head and glazed at Fiver when he heard the alarm sound he knew he didn't have much time. He couldn't remember where the Pod's were. So he asked Fiver to bring up a Map of the Pax and as Commanded Fiver did his job. "Excellent lets get going Fiver." Jacen Said.

The ship was going down and Jacen and fiver didn't have much time to get to the pods. As they almost reached the hangar they heard a cry for help. "Over there." Jacen Said.

It was a female personnel of the ship, she was covered by fallen debris in small corner. Being the person he his Jacen wasn't going to let anyone he could save died. Jacen quickly reached her and said "It's going to be ok."

With the help of the force, Fiver and Jacen carefully helped the women, who said a quick thank you and left to the unknown where whereabouts. After the delay Jacen and Fiver quickly continued to their destination. After several minutes he arrived and clambered into an available escape pod.
---Aux---

Aux', Azno and the troopers reached the med-bay. However as they were about to enter the door, an explosion buckled the ship, and crushed two republic marines. Then the evacuation order came over the ship's PA system.

"Blast! Looks like we are going to have to get you medical attention planet side Azno. We have to get to an escape pod now!" Aux' said frantically.

Aux' used the force to accelerate his movement to the escape pods that were just down the hallway. Plasma conduits bust all around him as he reached the escape pod. He set Azno down, they both jumped in. Aux' used the force to slam the door shut and then depressed the launch button.

Azno woke up again in the escape pod right as it took off. Azno looked up at Aux and said "Wow now that was a ride daannnnnnggggg.......*cough* sorry I couldn't help out more and thanks for not leaving me back there. I'll just rest here until we land." and Azno passed out again.
Arkava

((To advance the story, I am posting for natira.))

Natira and her small group move onto the lift. Thankfully, it was working. They quietly boarded. Before the doors shut, she had one last look at the Admiral. His eyes were closed, determination set on his face. He looked up, gave a slight nod, then the doors closed. The elevator went down smoothly, only faultering when another large explosion shook the ship.

The lift doors opened and Natira and her company sprinted to the end of the hall, and entered into the escape pod area. She searched the area for pods, but saw only one, and jedi Jacen Sunwalker was occupying it. She looked around again and her heart sank.

"Go, Lady Natira." one of the troopers in her group urged her.

"But, I will not leave you." she pleaded.

She tried to convince them to go, but they stood firm. Finally, she entered the pod and sat next to Jacen. She gave one last fleeting glance at her men, then hit the launch sequence.

Last edited by Arkava on November 2, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: