Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Is Derikk Peacekeeper material?
Yes! He is strawbearylicious!!!
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
No, I don't believe he is.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know who Derrik/Strawbeary is.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Derikk (Strawbeary)

re: Congratulations to our newest Peackeeper Derikk !!!!

The application submitted by Derikk(steve) is as follows:

Quote:
***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Age?: 25 Gender: Male Where are you from?: Atlanta, Georgia What is your main character's in-game name?: Strawbeary Which is the AC for your main character?: Gunslinger What level is your main character at this time?: 65 What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: Inside the game I really enjoy running operations, flashpoints, group missions, and playing with others. There are times where I enjoy doing solo missions, working on my stronghold or just messing with the gtn and making money, but the group content is the most exciting part of the game in my opinion. I would really like to be part of a solid organized ops group as well. Pugging can get dull after a while hah. As far as outside the game, I spend most of my time with school work, but also play a few other games as well here n there. How did you hear about Pax Republica?: I did a pug ops with Nwahs What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: The biggest reason is because you guys do ops. I am a fairly highly decorated WoW raider and have been for the past 11 years. I plan on retiring and making starwars my main mmo. I always really loved the raiding scene and would like to translate that into ops, only slightly more casually. The intense hardcore raiding atmosphere was fun, but I need to tone it down a bit now due to school, and ya know, life stuff. After talking to Nwahs on teamspeak I was convinced this is the guild I was looking for. Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: I was a hardcore player but now id like to be somewhere in between hardcore and casual but still hardcore enough for nightmare mode ops if possible. Are you currently a member of any SWTOR Republic guild? You can not join us if you're in another Republic guild.: Yes If so, which guild, and which faction? : I'm actually in Pax Republica already if that counts lol. Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: nope Which of the following interests you most?: PvE Which of the following interests you second most?: Socializing Which of the following interests you third most?: Exploring When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members... and other SWTOR players?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: I am an experienced mmo player and bring a decent skill set to the table. I would love to apply them to swtor and see what I can contribute to an already healthy ops group :). Plus star wars is one of the most amazing things ever, who wouldn't want to immerse themselves in such an awesome and strong community. I'm just happy I was able to find exactly the kind of guild I was looking for. Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: Nope, I have been briefed about most of the basics of the guild and I am eager to see where things take me :) Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True
Naar'icc
Naaric
Officer

Hey there! Awesome application! 

As a raider myself there is nothing more fun then having groups of people accomplish something like Ops bosses or even Single boss fights and such. 

How long have you been playing SWTOR for?

What is your favorite operation so far?

Derikk (Strawbeary)

I have been playing swtor off and on since launch. I was actually in closed beta and fell in love with the game instantly. A bunch of random life events and WoW have kept me from playing much since early on, and I haven't really done organized ops since KP, EV, and EC were the only ops. I was doing nightmare ops back then and it was really fun.

I want to say my favorite ops so far, even though I have not done them on tier, is Dread Palace and Terror From Beyond. Although, one of my favorite experiences was doing nightmare KP back when it came out and being the first group on my old server (Drooga's Pleasure Barge) to get the unyielding title from completing nightmare KP in under 2 hours. Nothing feels better than accomplishing something difficult and feeling awesome about it lol.

Iolo'pax
Officer

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join. Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account. Here's how to do the latter:

• Go to User Profile (Your name) at the top right of the forums.
  • Under Characters tab, go to Add Character, make sure you choose ToR for your game and The Galactic Republic as your faction. Create the name as your main character's name in SWTOR!
  • Now that your character has been created, go to the Sites tab under User Profile.
  • Under Forum Posting As Settings select your character and click Set Character to Post As.
  • Finished!

Complete √4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here.

Complete √ 5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange and interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

Complete √ 7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Two GSF battles
  2. Two Flashpoints
  3. Two Warzones
  4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
  5. An hour of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already. If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc. You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Last edited by Iolo'pax on January 12, 2016 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Changed my avatar lol

Okie doke, I  have fully updated my profile, made an introductory post in smuggler forums, read and accepted the charter, I am already in the guild, and I've done a decent amount of group content over TS (mostly ops). I've chatted with multiple officers so far, but If you guys want a formal interview, just let me know :). I think I have caught myself up on my trial requirements, but if I am missing anything let me know! Glad to be here and I hope I can become a valuable member to this guild!

Awarded:

Haha sounds good Derikk... and man that avatar is unsettling lol

I try to be as unique as possible ;)

Awarded:

Hey man, awesome application, and majestic avatar picture. I fly through ATL a lot for business (I work in overseas, so I'm like, SUPER PLATNINUM Delta member. And they like to fly me through ATL) So maybe I can buy you a beer sometime. 

ONLY AFTER I buy a beer for Nwahs up in Boston first, of course :-P

So what's your favorite Ninja Turtle and why?

Awarded:

ATownArmy wrote:

DAMN STRAIGHT SON!

OKies. I updated your trials with your progress. You have completed your tasks in an amazing amount of time. The next stage will be the voting stage which will start on or around your completion date. Until then, have fun, be active, get your name out there so folk know who you are, and I think you will breeze through it.

It has been fun getting to know ya :)

Awarded:

how are those steps coming man?

Awarded:

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
ATownArmy wrote:

DAMN STRAIGHT SON!

Hey, I'm even closer to Boston than Shawn is!

HOOK A BRUTHA UP MAAANNNGGG!

Awarded:

Fer real doe?! We need to make this happen!

Awarded:

ATownArmy wrote:

Fer real doe?! We need to make this happen!

Go go gadget, Firefighter! 

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum