Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Is Z'inn worthy of Peacekeeper?
Yes! Without a doubt!!!
100%
 100%  [ 17 ]
I do not think he is ready.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do not know who Z'inn is.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Z'inn
Member - 1 Year

re: Congratulations to our Newest Peacekeeper Z'inn !!

The application submitted by Z'inn is as follows:

Quote:

***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Age?: 46 Gender: Male Where are you from?: NJ USA What is your main character's in-game name?: Z'inn

Which is the AC for your main character?: Commando What level is your main character at this time?: 65 What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: I love helping others out, But my main is for Raiding PVE. Not a PVP player.
I have been in this game from launch. Looking for a guild that is active.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?: Was referred by a post on facebook. What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: I was told the guild is very active and is looking for experienced Raiders.
Plus looking for new members for Raid teams and other Guild events.

Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: somewhere in-between Are you currently a member of any SWTOR Republic guild? You can not join us if you're in another Republic guild.: No If so, which guild, and which faction? : The guild my toon is in is a dead guild. The toon would be moved when app is accepted.
The Guild is on Republic side.The Guild was a heavy Rading guild, but now its just an there. Most of the guild member left the game because of the change.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: No Which of the following interests you most?: PvE

Which of the following interests you second most?: Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?: Story

When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members... and other SWTOR players?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: If the guild is looking for a season well known raider? I am him. Looking for a regular member to help others and help with guild events, then I am the member your looking for. Love the game, but not to happy that the raiding went stall, but still enjoy running and would like to help other enjoy it too.

Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: What are the goals for the guild moving a head with the new story content? Are there members on all the time, or only on certain times?

Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I loved this app!  I am Shawn, nice to meet you!

I like that you advocate for yourself.  We certainly could use more raiders!  If it makes sense to you, raiding has almost never felt stale to us.  We always find a way to make it fun, and it also helps that we aren't a hardcore raiding guild that is bored by the lack of progression content available.  For example as you can see on our progression site widget, we still have to clear Rav and ToS and EC in HM on this content, then look to the Nightmares.  

We also PvP!

Our goals remain the same as always:  To have the most fun possible; to be the BEST guild on the server in terms of quality members that are very active and have integrity and respect for others; to progress through the raiding content in a fun and fast-paced manner that meets our level of challenge.  Does that help?

Our prime time for the guild is between I'd say 6pm and midnight Eastern time.  We also have a fair number of European players that will be on in the morning/early afternoons of Eastern time.  We have a fair number of people that work second/third shift that like to PvP in the morning/early afternoon.  We are a very active guild.... that's why we have the "Log-in once every 7 days" rule and ask members to communicate with us when they will be leaving the game or changing their schedule, etc.  

My only question:  What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: You seemed to skip over the "out of game" part.  In this guild over-sharing is caring so let us know please!

Welcome to our little nook in the galaxy! Great App!!! What was the name of your guild that went stale? Was it on Ebon Hawk?

We for sure do raiding, both SM to gear our members and HM for progression. It is important to note that I wouldn't classify us as elitist when it comes to our raiding. I think our team has done pretty good with post 4.0 progress and I don't think anyone has gotten burned out yet.

It is exciting to hear you enjoy helping out people. We have quite a few new members with the new expansion, and it would be great to have folks that can help get their feet wet.

The holidays had folks all over the place in terms of timing, but as things get back to normal, As Nwahs mentioned, our greatest concentration of folks online is evenings for US and a Mornings/Afternoons for UK.

A couple more questions for ya.. What is you favorite op to run and why? Of course what is your least and why as well :)

Iolo'pax wrote:

Welcome to our little nook in the galaxy! Great App!!! What was the name of your guild that went stale? Was it on Ebon Hawk?

We for sure do raiding, both SM to gear our members and HM for progression. It is important to note that I wouldn't classify us as elitist when it comes to our raiding. I think our team has done pretty good with post 4.0 progress and I don't think anyone has gotten burned out yet.

It is exciting to hear you enjoy helping out people. We have quite a few new members with the new expansion, and it would be great to have folks that can help get their feet wet.

The holidays had folks all over the place in terms of timing, but as things get back to normal, As Nwahs mentioned, our greatest concentration of folks online is evenings for US and a Mornings/Afternoons for UK.

A couple more questions for ya.. What is you favorite op to run and why? Of course what is your least and why as well :)

I like a lot of the Opts, if you have the right team, and a good bunch of fun people, they are all fun.

It's when RG sucks, the best can be your least favorite.

The guild I was in was the Bell Hats, crazy bunch oh guys and Gals, sometime, to be frank, we all got silly, sometime to silly.. But things got cleared, sometimes not pretty, but cleared.

Like helping people, its a game, and its for fun, if you are to serious it kills it for everybody, and robs you of having fun.

Took a little time of this summer with the puppy and just needed a break, and reset.

Cooper is now 5 months, going to be 6 shortly, Cooper my little trooper. Get some pic's of him soon.

Z'inn
Member - 1 Year

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

I loved this app!  I am Shawn, nice to meet you!

I like that you advocate for yourself.  We certainly could use more raiders!  If it makes sense to you, raiding has almost never felt stale to us.  We always find a way to make it fun, and it also helps that we aren't a hardcore raiding guild that is bored by the lack of progression content available.  For example as you can see on our progression site widget, we still have to clear Rav and ToS and EC in HM on this content, then look to the Nightmares.  

We also PvP!

Our goals remain the same as always:  To have the most fun possible; to be the BEST guild on the server in terms of quality members that are very active and have integrity and respect for others; to progress through the raiding content in a fun and fast-paced manner that meets our level of challenge.  Does that help?

Our prime time for the guild is between I'd say 6pm and midnight Eastern time.  We also have a fair number of European players that will be on in the morning/early afternoons of Eastern time.  We have a fair number of people that work second/third shift that like to PvP in the morning/early afternoon.  We are a very active guild.... that's why we have the "Log-in once every 7 days" rule and ask members to communicate with us when they will be leaving the game or changing their schedule, etc.  

My only question:  What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: You seemed to skip over the "out of game" part.  In this guild over-sharing is caring so let us know please!

Out of the Game is Family, Cooking, Drinking and trying different wines, trying different foods and Mountain Bike riding. And just playing with my Cooper and my grand pup Channing. I am a Star wars fan, seen the first movie, when was a young lad with my old man in NYC. Getting back back into RC again, buddy want me to help train him how to fly a pretty large drone. I have flown RC helicopters for years, and planes as well.

In the game just having fun raiding, the new story, and just having fun, the game for me is my little hobby. 

Just a FYI, my typing stinks, so you will need a Zinn decoder ring.

Z'inn
Member - 1 Year

re: Here is a little backround on my main, Zinn

This was a post I made many years ago 2012 -2013, should update it, but gives you a good background on my toon and the trial of being a trooper.  At one time, back in the day, I was number 3 DPS for sometime..

Trooper Commando A Walking Turret, Range DPS Support Class.

Disclaimer: The preceding post may contain social commentary that could ruffle your feathers.

This is my First MMO keep this in mind, when reading this little blog.

This is my background on making Z’inn and why. How I have been improving, failing down and getting back up. Things I have learned and constantly learning about Z’inn as a walking turret support class. Bottom line each class has a roll, and back when making Z’inn there were, and was way too many Melee DPS classes, in the guild I was in.

So the guild I was with, could not progress in raids. Why? Many reason, but let’s focus on why Z’inn came about. Well when having an officer meeting, a question was asked who can run as a main, A commando for the raids. No one stepped up. Well I did, and then Z’inn was brought online. Why Z’inn? And where did the name come from. Bottom line “Z’inn” name comes from my brother in-laws restaurant, that he is part ownership in http://www.zinburgernj.com/. Love this place!!!! And my legacy name is Synapse, which is the name of my first full carbon fiber Road bike. http://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes/road/performance-road/synapse-carbon/synapse-carbon-sm-4-rival-compact-crankset ; so each one of my toons names has come from things I really enjoy. So that gives you a light background on the names.

And the story goes a little like this: The trials of a Walking Turret according to Z’inn

When first starting out anything, it is all ways good to get info from people who have been doing it longer. Reading web site posts, info on forums so on. Not everything you read is 100%, and my reading comprehension, is not the best. Need to do thing more than others to get it right. Oh well this is life. Do not like build a bridge get over it. Right?

So when leveling Z’inn I was tanking and DPSing on OzZ, for raids. I really did enjoy playing OzZ.

Well I was not enjoying leveling Zinn at the time, was comparing it to guardian, and was not used to not having leap and chocking people, and all the fun stuff that comes from playing that class. So I let Z’inn sit. The raids started falling apart. People calling each other out and people,(You suck, this one sucks, I am better than you, High school grade school ass haterey) I just didn’t want to raid anymore, got too much like being in the service, and lost the fun of the game.

No raiding, not too many people running with each other. Well then I turned my attention to Z’inn. And started enjoying the story line, and really started having fun. Then Guild died, moved over to Descendants. This is where things changed and pushed me to the next level. They had tanks, they had melee, and they had some raid quality range DPS. Which you may or may not know. We had fun, raiding having fun doing so. In time people left and stop playing.  GM had family issues that guild is still around but a shell today. But people moved to different guilds, or stop playing all together.

So here I am pugging anything and everything I could. Meeting a lot of cool people and meeting some major morons. Some you may or may not know. Friend list grew, ran with different guilds on their raid nights. On a side note, I helped Stew becoming a mega rich man by buying 85% of Z’inn hardware from him..

Z’inn at this point was fully geared. (Thanks Stew) I was having fun running with different, guilds, and raid teams, on this server. Then one day doing dallies by myself on Section X, teamed up with this sage, you may know as Manchu. Well on that 4 man heroic, Gunther and I were doing all the work in this 4 man heroic even with the tank and the healer. Gunther DPSing and Healing, I was tanking and DPSing. Was fun, so PM and asked Gunther about the guild. Gunther gave me info and website. Did some research asked about AM. Heard something’s about AM from people, from reading posts so on, this was the guild if you wanted to raid, not only raiding, but progressive raiding. So put an app in, was accepted.

Anger Management is now my new home. (Sucks for some of you. Insert Emote BooHoo)

And I must say I liked it here. Now I thought I was raid quality. Had not a clue, what progressive raiding is, was, and what raiding was really about. Seen a guild that was about helping others get ready, to learn and improve, and pushed you to the next level. Word went out to people. And you guy seen a flux of the Descendants Raid team come over.  What’s cool is how we were welcome here. Thank you for that.

So what did I learn in my little journey as a range DPS? Wow was I doing it wrong!!!

So my journey began fixing, a long road and time doing it wrong and now undoing it. Gearing has not been an issue, it has been my rotation. Not really understanding what a Commando really is, what are their strengths and weaknesses are and working in them right way.

So what is the best way I can describe this class, IMO, Commando are and is a Walking Turret, Range DPS Support Class. Wears Heavy Armor and wields best available ranged weaponry. Specializes in assault cannons, specialized blaster munitions, electro net, and advanced medical probes. Hard-hitting ranged damage dealer.  Can CC any type of enemy; droid, humanoid, and beast. Has one of the best AOE’s hands down of any ranged class, period Mortar Volley. One of the best crowd damage of any class, when used together can be a deadly combo, and will take crowds down to their knees.

List of ability’s, not all, and in not in any order:

Fortification, Grav Round, Plasma Cell, Hammer Shot, Sticky Grenade, Explosive Round, Mortar Volley, High Impact Bolt, Pulse Cannon, Charged Bolts, Medical Probe, Kolto Bomb, Electro Net, Demolition Round, Decoy Overclock, and others. Updated info here, http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-update-trooper-class-changes

So what is the Commandos weakness? Moving!!! Can be looked at and interrupt in heavy attacks.Can blow threw ammo like water, if not managed right. Has to build up DPS in time, and cannot switch on switch off DPS well. This class is not the best in moving and handing out its heavy’s damaging ability’s. There slow, in combat and cannot move very fast even with hold the line on. So what I have learned is being in a place if all possible and swing to each target in a 180 degree area, this is not all ways possible in all fights. Now my DPS is not bad 2400, and screwing up. But there are reasons, and getting a new MMO mouse will hopefully help with these issues.

So here comes this kid, called Daharel. This Commando DPS is one of the hardest hitting troopers I have met. And holds the title “Official PvE DPS Leaderboard” At this time he is the highest DPS Commandos on a 5 minute parse on a training dummy. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=628575

Commando/Mercenary (assault/pyro armor debuff; assault/pyro execute talent)

2910.76 - Daharel (gunnery: 6/36/4) #185

2750.11 - Cibbal (gunnery: 6/36/4) #118

2615.34 - Ragnhild (gunnery: 6/36/4) #4

He has helped others in the guild like Cibbal (who is number 2 in the highest DPS Commando on this server), now he is helping me. So I was given new tweaked rotation to try, need to  learn and assimilate. Looking forward in working this damn rotation issue out. And gaining slot number three, on Official PvE DPS Leaderboard.

This is a game, and I really enjoy playing it. Like learning new things and having fun hands down. I will be putting up my TORParse runs on here, and if what I was told to be true, will be on the leader’s board, on the forums and in the raids.

Looking forward in supporting the Raid teams and helping AM in being the best 16HM, so on guild hands down. This is my journey. Thanks for reading.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account, so that when people see your profile name and avatar on the forums, they also see your most often played character in SWTOR so they can learn who you are. Here's how to do the latter:

• Click on your name at the top right of the forums and hit "View Your Profile" in the pull-down menu.
  • See over to the right where it says "Stats"?  Click the link that says "Characters".
  • You may see a list of characters you've created on Guild Launch.  If you have already created a SWTOR character with the name for your most commonly played SWTOR character (your main), go to the next step.  If not... click Add In-Game Info.  Fill out the fields to create your character.   
  • Now that your character is made, go to View Profile.
  • Click sites
  • Click "settings" under Pax Republica
  • Choose your main character and click "Post As".

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here for the Charter.

Complete √ 5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange an interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

Complete √ 7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Two GSF battles
  2. One Flashpoints
  3. Two Warzones
  4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
  5. 30-45minutes of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Thank you very much, we will see you all later today..

ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I love your detailed answers!!! My main is a shadow now but my heart will always be a Commando at the core. I'm more into PvP than PvE but Pax is definitely heavy into raiding, I think you may like it here :-)

Who's your favorite ninja turtle?

Heya Z'inn, I updated your trial checklist with what you completed so far.

As you do in game stuff, be sure to post on this thread  as you complete things.  I also would encourage you to ask others to post their activity with you in here. This will help you later on in the voting stage of your trial as people can look here to see where they remember you from, or find members to ask their opinion of you.

If I am ever in game when you are, I am more than happy to help with you activity requirements. Just shoot me a whisper.

Good Luck!

Iolo'pax wrote:

Heya Z'inn, I updated your trial checklist with what you completed so far.

As you do in game stuff, be sure to post on this thread  as you complete things.  I also would encourage you to ask others to post their activity with you in here. This will help you later on in the voting stage of your trial as people can look here to see where they remember you from, or find members to ask their opinion of you.

If I am ever in game when you are, I am more than happy to help with you activity requirements. Just shoot me a whisper.

Good Luck!

Thanks!!!!!

Z'inn
Member - 1 Year

Signed up for a SM raid, for Sunday..

Z'inn
Member - 1 Year

5 ans 6 are completed on the list.

Nice meeting many last night on TS.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Who did your interview?

Was  group interview, was you and others really bad with names.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum