Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KraznyOctobr

re: Howdy Ya'll

Well guess it’s time for me to say hello to everyone at the cantina.  New to the Smuggler class and still learning the what’s what of the being a Scoundrel.  I was with SWTOR at launch as my friends and I had big hopes for the game since Bioware was heading up the project and we had all been part of Star Wars Galaxies until after the NGE hit.  After the NGE we bounced around but always talked about the glory days of SWG.  Alas this game did not live up to the expectations of my friends and I was pulled away by various things.  Still I have leveled a Sith Warrior to completion twice.  So I am somewhat familiar, but being away for so long many things have changed.  I have also developed a taste for the sneaky in my time away. 

My actual name is David.  I’ve been called Dave, D, Big Red, Rojo Grande and so am pretty open to whatever.  Krazny Octobr came from my favorite book in high school which my reading in class actually caused a fist fight between myself a couple of other people.  Anyway I currently hold two degrees with one a Bachelor of Arts in sociology and a Bachelor of Science in nursing.  I have a lot of certifications which allow me to operate as an emergency nurse at a level 1 trauma center.  For the record I had to put away the sexy nurse outfit, just too many problems walking to work.

The little free time I get is typically spent with my wife where we do some hiking and watch television when we can agree on what to watch.  Game of Thrones is pretty big here along with True Detective and lately Justified.  I do run an Edge of the Empire group along with trying to craft some Fate rules to cover Star Wars and a World of Warcraft forum game for a friend of mine.  We also enjoy food, which is pretty common here in New Orleans.  Then there is Star Wars the Old Republic, which has taken over as the only video game I play currently.

Coming back to the Smuggler, I really wanted to try something very utilitarian in PvP.  Being sneaky and also have a possible option to heal made the most sense to me.  I am not so much a straight forward fighter in PvP, but prefer to utilize tactics for Warzones and make myself more useful than glorious.  Of course everyone likes their pat on the back, but I’d rather be that person that quietly helped the group win over the one who killed the most while their group lost.  So Scoundrel seemed to fit that role for me.  So far I am enjoying the class and get a nice thrill out of using the shotgun as I just think that looks cool in my head. 

Any other questions just feel free to ask.  I’m a pretty chill person and pretty straight forward I’d like to think.  

Iolo'pax
Officer

Hello David! I am Ian, from the Chicago Suburbs. I do IT and when I am not at work, I can usually be found In game or Playing or watching hockey (Pittsburgh Penguins). I played galaxies from Jump to Lightspeed to just past NGE. I still enjoyed the game, but once they announced development on SWTOR, I didn't want to spend time in galaxies anymore building something that wasn't gonna be around much longer.

Sounds like you have a busy life indeed! One of my friends is an ER doc and the stories about the stuff he has seen, both serious and not, is enough to write a book on. Props to you for doing what you do!

A modest, humble, scoundrel? Is there such a thing?

I don't watch many TV shows, I think the only one stay current with is the Walking Dead. Was a huge fan of Battlestar Galactica, Legend of Korra, and Avatar the Last Airbender before that, but other than that, a program really has to appeal to me before I give shows a chance. ANY kind of 'reality' shows are my kryptonite.

What is the next thing in life you are really looking forward to?

Modest and humble if that is what gets the job done. 

We were loving Fear the Walking Dead and for a while I liked Walking Dead, but Season 4 is letting me down for some reason.  I have an odd relationship with reality shows.  I hate them but watch them because my wife falls in love with them.  Suddenly I turn into a little gossip Queen and find myself going “Oh my God she didn’t!”  But you know with a completely masculine tone.

As for up and coming events there are a few things coming down the pipe.  Hoping to return to school and become an advanced practitioner nurse.  Working this much sends people to early graves and I’ll gladly hang up my scrubs for a suit, tie and lab coat at a Walgreens minute clinic.  Sniffles over gunshot wounds any day.  Also looking forward to getting this character leveled so I can enjoy some of this new content.  One of my biggest problems with SWTOR originally was the end game content and listening to you guys on team speak last night got me wanting to see this new stuff.

Then there is the birth of our first child and son in December.  That, of course, is pretty much dominating my future predictions and wants at this time.  Seriously who determines the prices on some of this baby stuff?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum