Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Should we allow this guy to be part of us?
Yes for more laughs :)
87%
 87%  [ 14 ]
Nope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am not sure who this guy is
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

NotFused

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper NotFused!!

The application submitted by NotFused is as follows:

Quote:

***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes

Age?: If you're over 30, do you REALLY need to answer this? Is "ancient" an acceptable answer?

Where are you from?: USA (East Coast)

What is your main character's in-game name?: Fused

Which is the AC for your main character?: Commando

What level is your main character at this time?: 65

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: In-Game: PvP/Raiding.
-PvP. I really enjoy playing my commando healer. It's sort of like showing up to a sword fight with a really, really, really cool pen. Warzones remain my favorite (but not huttball), and it saddened me when they took out 8v ranked. While I abhor arenas (esp b/c mandos/mercs haven't been attuned for them), I've ranked silver or higher every season that I've been active. I'd be really interested in working with a low-key team, developing chemistry and what not. -Raiding. Raided from 2.4, maining a mercenary healer. Got really close as a team, but then people left the game, and it fell apart. I'd be willing to give progression raiding a shot (is that a thing in 4.0?), but I'd prefer something a little lighter. Maybe a brown ale. Cask aged, please.
Real-life: Editing. Writing. Eating. Drinking. Sports. Trying/failing to eat less unhealthily.
-Those things are pretty self explanatory. Having given up on my childhood dream of being a children's book writer, I do other things in order to receive a living wage :(.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?: SWTOR forums

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: If I'm absolutely honest, it's just a hunch. I'm looking to become part of a community in which I can find a group of friends, but still blend in.

Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: Casualcore (if that's a thing)

Are you currently a member of any SWTOR Republic guild? You can not join us if you're in another Republic guild.: No

If so, which guild, and which faction? : Not currently part of a guild.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: Nope.

Which of the following interests you most?: Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?: PvP

Which of the following interests you third most?: PvE

When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members... and other SWTOR players?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes

True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: It's been said that successful guilds value great human beings who are terrible players, more than terrible humans who are great players. In all honesty, I'm neither great nor terrible at either SWTOR or being a human, but I try to be decent at both.

Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: (01) What makes Pax Republica ("PR") different from other guilds on the server?
(02) Does the guild participate in the server-wide events, and, if so, to what extent is its involvement?
(03) What's the average guild population online daily?
(04) Are there any ranked free agents looking for a team? Or raid teams looking for a healer?
(05) Does the PvP section use fraps/shadowplay to review players' performances? If so, are players receptive towards giving input and working on their skills?
(06) Does PR run any guild bonding events (e.g., OW-PvP events, drunken raid nights, etc.)?
(07) Is there a central organization for crafting or does it run on an ad-hoc basis?
(08) What's the most questions that anyone's ever asked on an application"
(09) Is this the most?
(10) If not, does this make it the most?
(11) How about this one?

Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Hi. I'm Blasthardcheese. Thanks for applying. To answer your questions:

1. Because I'm here.

2. Yes, to the extent everyone gives me all of their money.

3. The average population is me, myself, and I. So 3.

4. I do all the things all at once. So no.

5. Yes. Everyone watches videos of me because I am the best ever.

6. We have nights of everyone bowing before me.

7. Everyone crafts for me and nobody else.

8. You. Too many questions.

9. It's already too many. I just said that!

10. WHAT DID I JUST SAY!?

11. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Since Raptr was installed.
Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

Oh, I want to play the question game too.  I'm Buck, and we are glad to have you apply. 

(01) What makes Pax Republica ("PR") different from other guilds on the server?

We are a family.  We look out for our family and take care of them, both in-game and in the real world.

(02) Does the guild participate in the server-wide events, and, if so, to what extent is its involvement?

We regularly attempt to conquer planets, and we always get groups together for any event that comes up.  Speaking of which, Rakghoul plague starts Nov. 10th so break out your containment officer gear :)

Depending on what is going on, and the time of day, we can have anywhere from 5 to 30 people online at a given time.

(04) Are there any ranked free agents looking for a team? Or raid teams looking for a healer?

I am sure our more PVP focused people will be around in a bit, but as far as raiding goes, we can always use another healer

(05) Does the PvP section use fraps/shadowplay to review players' performances? If so, are players receptive towards giving input and working on their skills?

I couldn't tell you, but our guild leader has agreed to share his epic tanking on youtube.

(06) Does PR run any guild bonding events (e.g., OW-PvP events, drunken raid nights, etc.)?

Isn't every raid night a drunken raid night? 

(07) Is there a central organization for crafting or does it run on an ad-hoc basis?

You say what you need, someone agrees to craft it, and loot happens.  We even have a forum place to post if you don't want to keep asking around in-game.

We don't keep track, but I am sure Nwahs has a few ideas.

(09) Is this the most?

Maybe in the actual application but you don't realize just how many questions this will prompt in return... good luck.

N/A

(11) How about this one?

Still not there...

I enjoyed the the questions both Blast and Buck answered quite the entertainment. A few of us partake in beverages in raids,myself included. I am a man of superstition so its part of my ritual for raiding along with Grizzly wintergreen and /nobones. And no, anything above the age of 30 isn't to old to answer that question, an old guild leader of mine and a close(what happens when you game with some for 4+ years) is around his mid 50's and was proud of it. haha.

To ask a few questions of my own.

What's your favorite raid and why?

As an old PvPer myself (I stopped hardcore/ranked pvp when I came to this server for many reasons) what was your greatest personal accomplishment, something that made you feel proud.

Draelenn-TacoHell

Blast Hardcheese wrote:

1. Because I'm here.

^This had me laughing so hard that I think a little pee came out of me just now...

Draelenn-TacoHell

Thought I'd provide some answers from a rookie/noobie/novice...

(01) What makes Pax Republica ("PR") different from other guilds on the server?

They were cool enough to take me very recently, so that makes them awesome in my book.  Also, everyone so far has been nice, which is also rare in a guild.  Mean people suck, but they seem to represent a large segment of the population.

Yes - PR conquered Hoth the first week I was in the guild.  That was pretty cool.

You want mean, median, or mode?

Seriously, in my experience, it varies a lot.  However, there's always a group on even during the odd hours I log in.  During peak hours, there's a ton of peeps.

Dunno - I'm doing the newb raid tomorrow night.  Check the calendar - it's pretty useful.

I dunno.  Hopefully not b/c I would be shamed on a semi-regular basis...  I like PvP, but I'm average at best.  For me, I take advice/tips so long as they are not accompanied by sarcasm, snarkisms, condescension, or generally arseholery.  I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm new, so I haven't partaken in such things yet, but a drunken raid night sounds like a pretty sweet idea...

Dunno.  As someone else pointed out, there is a forum for this.  I've heard it's pretty effective.  Jeronimop helped me out with some levelling gear for one of my toons without me even having to ask, and while I gave him some mats, it prolly wasn't enough to cover more than the cost if that.  That's the kind of peeps PR has.

I'll have to research this and get back with you.  You certainly overshadowed me though.

(09) Is this the most?

See previous response.

Now you're just milking it.

(11) How about this one?

Weird you stopped on an even number.

NotFused

Blast Hardcheese wrote:

1. Because I'm here.

Intriguing answers to questions 5/6 -- Are follow-up questions allowed? LMK!

NotFused

Naaric wrote:

What's your favorite raid and why?

TL;WR: TFB.

That's a tough question. With a bunch of friendly, competent inebriates, a good raid serves as a foil for bonding and good times.  Had many good times with my guilds, from 2 healing 16M KP HM when it was current (op was op), to grinding out EC NiM without a sin or sorc, but TFB takes the cake.

TFB remains the most mechanically and visually appealing SWTOR raid.  This rendition of Asation could have been ripped from the TOR comics, and looks like the inside of a few dive bars I've been to (before the dive bar look became trendy and sterile).  OPIX was probably the best non-buggy mechanics fight that I'd been in since Arthas (maybe Alyzrazor).  Plus, there's a lot of humor with the jealous males in WFH, which our raid team named (backstory not included), and the babies spawned by TFB herself.

Naaric wrote:

As an old PvPer myself (I stopped hardcore/ranked pvp when I came to this server for many reasons) what was your greatest personal accomplishment, something that made you feel proud.

TL;DR: I take a lot of pride in my losses.

IMO, SWTOR PvP is bittersweet.  Like hanging out with old friends for only a hour before everyone has to go take care of work/schoolwork/husband/wife/kids/dogs/raid.  Or having a great meal at a dry restaurant.  Or being at an Irish wake.

When I think about PvP pride, I have to acknowledge my rating (which peaked in S1 -- #311 overall worldwide), and being competent at my very, very modestly powered class.  While winning is nice, losing, or not succeeding really stands out to me.  There's a litany of PvP things that I've failed at (like many of my arena tactics), but the big things that have defined my PvP career failing at big things like:

- trying to restart team ranked on my former server through kickball

- trying to get my raid team to PvP

- trying to make the PvP community less toxic

Failing at these things cost social capital, not all of which was recoverable, and that's something that's affected my thinking.  But, to bring it around, if there's something that I should take pride in, it's probably not being afraid to fail.

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

Humm I want to answer your questions as well :)

1:  It is true that we become more family than anything. Everyone is nice and helpful when you need it!  We do our best to limit any drama in guild, I think mostly we are all here to just have fun and enjoy our time with others who feel the same. We raid, pvp, conquest and sometimes you may catch of few of us RPing.

2: We were hosting a server wide event not to long ago, A open world pvp get together. We actually plan on doing it every month but haven't got back to it just yet because of all the new stuff :)  and we conquest about every week.

3: it depends on the time of day there is always 5-20 members online at once, some nights even a little more

4: We currently have a sign up system going for raids, if you want to heal , just sign up for the night of which raid you want and depending on what raid and how many have signed up, we have a /roll system if there is any extra sign ups. Lets say three healers signed up, than us three heals we meet up on guild ship most likely and we would do a /roll to see who gets the spot.    We did start up a progression team and will be getting back to it  for those of us who want to once every is geared up and ready to start again.

Now for rank, a few of us do solo rank and some nights we even do pax vs pax rank, there is no cheating allow, we just put our best teams together and go out it.  So far everyone has had fun with.

5: ummm not really, I think we aim more for fun, I know some of us do enjoy learning everything we can about our class and watch videos and read up on what we can do to approve 

6: We do host some RP events, they are lots of fun :)  we had a find Swishy a few months ago that was a blast to join in :) so many laughs that night

7: We have lots of crafters in guild. For many things

8: 11 :) lol

9: I like you :)

10: yep

11: lets begin you process :)

Last edited by Tiffs/Hugtastic on October 27, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √  1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account, so that when people see your profile name and avatar on the forums, they also see your most often played character in SWTOR so they can learn who you are. Here's how to do the latter:

• Click on your name at the top right of the forums and hit "View Your Profile" in the pull-down menu.
  • See over to the right where it says "Stats"?  Click the link that says "Characters".
  • You may see a list of characters you've created on Guild Launch.  If you have already created a SWTOR character with the name for your most commonly played SWTOR character (your main), go to the next step.  If not... click Add In-Game Info.  Fill out the fields to create your character.   
  • Now that your character is made, go to View Profile.
  • Click sites
  • Click "settings" under Pax Republica
  • Choose your main character and click "Post As".

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here.

Complete √ 5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange and interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

Complete √ 7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Two GSF battles
  2. One Flashpoints
  3. Two Warzones
  4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
  5. 30-45minutes of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Last edited by Tiffs/Hugtastic on November 7, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

Awesome application man, and so excited to have you in the guild!

I am a free agent ranked tank looking for a team.  We have had a tough time getting a solid PvP team going.  Mostly because we do love raiding a lot and we make the a priority most of the week, and you can only focus on so much.  Plus the people that did love ranked or do are annoyed by the lack of ranked balanced for some classes, as you've pointed out.  I'm curious how season 7 will be different. 

I really loved your application!! I am sure you can tell by the everyone's answers what makes Pax Republica special. We are not a Zerg guild and we are not Elitist. Lots of good folks here.

I am looking forward to meeting you online!

Update: 11/02/15

I think I'm done with tasks 1, 2, and 3 -- should be on pretty much all of tomorrow evening, hoping to hop into TS and meet some of y'all!

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

Do you still need a guild invite, I know you weren't able to get on over the weekend but you should be good now, correct?

Tiffs/Hugtastic wrote:

Do you still need a guild invite, I know you weren't able to get on over the weekend but you should be good now, correct?

I'll be on tonight, definitely :D!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum