View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: Episode 7 EU book release

I'm a big EU nerd and love the books, very excited for this release...  I never read this author's work before but in his bio on Amazon says, "He currently lives in the forests of Pennsyltucky with wife, tiny human, and red dog."  Being from PA, we joke about Pennsyltucky being the stretch of land between Philly and Pittsburgh.

Aftermath: Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens is being released 9/4

As the Empire reels from its critical defeats at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance—now a fledgling New Republic—presses its advantage by hunting down the enemy’s scattered forces before they can regroup and retaliate. But above the remote planet Akiva, an ominous show of the enemy’s strength is unfolding. Out on a lone reconnaissance mission, pilot Wedge Antilles watches Imperial Star Destroyers gather like birds of prey circling for a kill, but he’s taken captive before he can report back to the New Republic leaders.

Meanwhile, on the planet’s surface, former rebel fighter Norra Wexley has returned to her native world—war weary, ready to reunite with her estranged son, and eager to build a new life in some distant place. But when Norra intercepts Wedge Antilles’s urgent distress call, she realizes her time as a freedom fighter is not yet over. What she doesn’t know is just how close the enemy is—or how decisive and dangerous her new mission will be.

Determined to preserve the Empire’s power, the surviving Imperial elite are converging on Akiva for a top-secret emergency summit—to consolidate their forces and rally for a counterstrike. But they haven’t reckoned on Norra and her newfound allies—her technical-genius son, a Zabrak bounty hunter, and a reprobate Imperial defector—who are prepared to do whatever they must to end the Empire’s oppressive reign once and for all.

Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Must read...  Will read in fact.

Awarded:

F*CK YA!  Definitely will read!

After I see the movie of course

Awarded:

The book takes place a few months after Endor, they are meant to set up the movie but not spoil anything for the reader

Synaes

Well, J.J. Abrams clearly caused this cross-over:

"Star Destroyers gather like birds of prey"

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Interesting... I still can't decide if I want to read ahead of time or just go into the movie fully blind?  Hrm.  I'm leaning toward reading the book because I trust Brian/PolishRifle's opinion that it should be read before the movie.

Awarded:

Purchased.

Jump to: