Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Can Victon join Pax?
Yes!
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know this person?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

VoidOfOne

re: Congratulations to our newest peacekeeper Victon!!

The application submitted by VoidOfOne is as follows:

Quote:
***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Age?: 31 Gender: Male Where are you from?: California What is your main character's in-game name?: Victon Which is the AC for your main character?: Guardian What level is your main character at this time?: 60 What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: In game I like killing Imperials, and working on crafting. I am also interested in the story, and working on making at least four 60 characters, one for each class. Currently, I have a 60 Jedi Guardian tank. And now I'm working on a Gunslinger DPS, a Shadow DPS, and a Commando healer. I have more progress on the Gunslinger. And I'm working on crafting for each character: Artifice, Armstech, Synthweaving, and Cybertech.

Outside I like reading, especially manga (translated to English). I like playing other video games, especially on the computer and the PC. I also enjoy martial arts and dancing. I am in the process of losing weight, so I have more energy to... kill more Imps.

Outside of this I am a tutor and teacher. My main specialty is math. How did you hear about Pax Republica?: Through the SWTOR forums What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: I read about Pax Republica on the SWTOR forums, and I wanted to join a guild with stability, especially with one that I can work with on doing raids. I do want to be in a community as I do enjoy this game, and it does seem like this guild knows how to have fun. And they seemed very inviting. I am also interested in doing some role play, if and when that comes around.

The name is also cool. Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: More towards casual Are you currently a member of any SWTOR Republic guild? You can not join us if you're in another Republic guild.: No Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: No Which of the following interests you most?: Story Which of the following interests you second most?: Exploring Which of the following interests you third most?: Socializing When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members... and other SWTOR players?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: I aim to be an active member of the guild, and be mature and respectful. I will also do my best to help out others, especially as I get better with the game. I don't act rash, and I do get that this is just a game.

I will definitely do a better job of following the rules, this time, and make sure I completely do everything I am supposed to do. Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: What classes/roles would you like more of? Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True
Iolo'pax
Officer

Hey Void,you're back!!! Where ya been?

I have been not doing the proper duties that a trial member should be doing, which has led to this state. But I realize where I failed, and this time, with the rules on one of my tabs, I will now fully commit to the guild, if accepted.

So I was in Dumbsville. I'm back, now.

Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Well you seem like you got it figured out! If there are no objections, we can start you over again!

Place your trust in the Swishtem, for the Swishtem trusts you.
VoidOfOne

I would definitely appreciate that. Thanks very much for the second chance!

Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account, so that when people see your profile name and avatar on the forums, they also see your most often played character in SWTOR so they can learn who you are. Here's how to do the latter:

•  Click on your name at the top right of the forums and hit "View Your Profile" in the pull-down menu.
  •  See over to the right where it says "Stats"?  Click the link that says "Characters".
  •  You may see a list of characters you've created on Guild Launch.  If you have already created a SWTOR character with the name for your most commonly played SWTOR character (your main), go to the next step.  If not... click Add In-Game Info.  Fill out the fields to create your character.   
  •  Now that your character is made, go to that character and there should be a blue link that says "Site Membership".  It may be hard to see.  Look closely and click it.
  •  For the website of Pax Republica, you need two green check marks for "Show on Roster" and "Make Primary".  You may have to click Add and Make Primary to do this.
  •  You should be finished!  Double Check by looking at your posts on these forums.  You should see your forum name, then above it should be your main character name.  If this does not work, please ask Nwahs or an officer for help. 

Complete √ 4.Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here.

Complete √ 5.Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange and interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

Complete √ 7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Two GSF battles
  2. One Flashpoints
  3. Two Warzones
  4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
  5. 30-45minutes of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Frost290
Member - 3 Years

Cool beans! I like the Obama Jedi picture lol.

Thank you void. Don't forget this time and goof luck :) 

Void/Victon helped tank our SM Ravagers with me, Mazi was Ops Lead. Was his first OP, and first time tanking (was only my second time tanking as well). By the end of the raid, we were really clicking with tank swaps. He is very quick to adapt! After the raid, he tanked a HM Flashpoint (Korriban incursion)with Marilin, Greyshini, and myself. So far so good  :)

So, I am posting the different guild actitivies I have done with guild members.

Just recently I did a flashpoint with Tiffs, Emilyf, and Tyon'ka. This was on 8/9/2015.

Also, I did a few PvE raids: a classic with Mazi as leader, along with Nwahs, Merilin, Scubax, and I believe Greyshini (8/9/2015) / a gear up/alts raid with Mazi as leader, along with Merilin, Iolo'pax, and four others that I don't remember (8/5/2015).

I also did an HM flashpoint with Merilin, Greyshini, and Iolo'pax (8/5/2015). 

I have also done at least 2 PvP missions, with Emilyf. (8/7 and 8/9/2015)

Iolo'pax
Officer

Additionally, did SM Toborro's Courtyard for conquest points and did SM Explosive Conflicts with us as well.

I updated your trial to reflect your completions. Only steps I see remaining are  #3 Linking your Forum account to your Main Character name, and #6 Interview with an officer.

#3 is important so that when you group with us and see you post on the forums, we put two and two together. That will be very key during your voting stage of your trials. Everyone will think Victon is the most awesome guildee ever, but  who is this VoidOfOne guy up for voting? Nobody has ever heard of him.   :)

If you have already done the steps to get Victon added, one of our other new members identified the key step as:

Goto to View profile.

Click sites

Clicked settings for Pax Republica

Choose Victon in the field "Post as"

I hope this helps!  With your trial coming to it's end soon, I would also see what officers are in TS next time you are on to see if anyone has time to do your interview. They might be raiding, so don't be offended if they are unavailable. (that's why trials are two weeks hehe) You can also post in this thread noting when you are gonna be on, and asking for an officer to make some time for you during those windows.

Awarded:

Yes, please get your #3 and #6 done by tomorrow!

Ok! Sorry for the delay!

Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Interview is done!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum