Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cy'thus
Member - 1 Year

re: My introduction

Hello everyone,

My character name is Cy'thus Jedi Guardian,  I've been playing SWTOR since Beta.  i did mostly PVP to start with but the guild I was in on empire side folded because everyone hated the PVP stun fest.  I have mostly just been leveling alts and doing PUG Flashpoints and SM Operations.

I've reached the point where I do want to expand and want to experience the HM and NiM Ops.  Most of my MMO career which started with EQ back in 1999.  I've played DPS or Healer with SWTOR I want to become a good Ops Tank.  I've done the research and know the Right mix of Defense, Absorption, and Shielding I should have based on my stat pool.  I've been reading through a lot of the post on the Guardian section of the SWTOR website.  

Meant to post this sooner but I had a busy weekend bought a New car and had to get my old one cleaned up to sell.  I also had to remaster some old video for my parents 50th Anniversary next month.  It was on Sony Hi 8 tapes and needed to covert it to a DVD.  So i had a very busy Weekend.

I look forward to meeting you all.  I also ask for any pointers anyone has for playing a guardian as well.

May the fore be with you and see you in game.  

Jemms

PVP!!!!

Eeeeeeexcellent! *fiendishly rubs hands together*

Welcome!  Hope to crack skulls with you soon!

Awarded:

Firstly, WELCOME!  Now, since you are looking to expand to PvE content, does this mean you aren't that in to PvP anymore?  What about GSF?

More importantly, can you help me unleash my burst potential on my Sentinel?

WOOT!!! PVP!!! Lol that was my first thought when I read the first line. Our guild leader, Nwahs is a very experience guardian tank and he can provide a lot of help on learning how to tank in general as well as on a guardian.

Also Kius I can talk to you about the burst rotation for combat :P

Awarded:

Yeah!  I can definitely give you guardian tanking tips!

Well if you twist my arm I might be coaxed into PvP but haven't had good experiences as a tank in PvP everyone wants to hit the squishes and runs from you.  It's not like mobs where you can taunt them off the squishes.  However I did really enjoy GSF I just wish it supported joystick and throttle controls.   It just took forever to get matches.  

Has the stun fest in PvP been diluted?

I haven't tried it in a long time and have no PvP gear

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Well... PvP in SWTOR still has a lot of stuns but that's why I personally like it.  I think people that get annoyed by being stunned are impatient.  Plus once you learn how resolve works,  you learn how to minimize the amount of time you're stunned thanks to your stun break and other skills/utilities you can use in PvP to be immune to stuns.  

As a guardian tank, no you can't force people to fight you, but your affect on the battlefield is almost unrivaled.  By taunting at all times, you are lowering the damage that goes out, which allows your team to stay alive and kick the other team's butt.  By guardian healers and others, you are basically keeping everyone alive, like a tank.  And you have a host of crowd control to STUN the crap out of other people!  Hilt strike, Force Stasis, Push, Awe, Freezing Force... all good stuff.  :)

Pvp gear is pretty quick to acquire now a days.  only 4000 commendations to have a full set.  That may seem like a lot at first... If you win a pvp match you get like 280 commendations I think, and 140 if you lose.  So you can do some math on that, and then minus some matches because the dailies and weeklies get you commendations too!  there's also a trick to use 162 rated gear in warzones to have a really good bolster to 2018 expertise and good stats.

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

I think people that get annoyed by being stunned are impatient. 

Or they're a sentinel...

Cy'thus
Member - 1 Year

Well I started collecting warzone comms :P

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum