Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should AlkalineAspect Join us!
Lets make him one of us!
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
No!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do not know them well enough to vote!
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AlkalineAspect

re: Congrats to our newest Peacekeeper, AlkalineAspect!!

The application submitted by AlkalineAspect is as follows:

Quote:

***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Age?: 26 Gender: Male Where are you from?: Pensacola, Florida, USA What is your main character's in-game name?: Nilochas Which is the AC for your main character?: Sentinel What level is your main character at this time?: 20, will be 60 very soon

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: I have a lot of hobbies, I like to think of myself as a pretty well rounded guy. Outside of the game I enjoy fishing pretty much wherever there is water, I am currently training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as a means of getting/staying in shape and as well as to help protect myself at work. I have a long history of playing tabletop RPGs as well as MMOs since I was in middle school and I still love that today. I think its the story telling aspect that I love so much. I'm a sucker for a good myth or heroic tale. I would suppose that's why I have enjoyed the old republic so much, the star wars setting plus the full voice acting and the progression of MMOs has an appeal I cant get away from. In game I enjoy everything from PVP to Flashpoints. I also enjoy doing the side quests and hearing all of the companion stories and story aspects.  sf

How did you hear about Pax Republica?: SWTOR Ebon Hawk Forums

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: Your players seem to be very active in all aspects of the game. I see your tag quite a bit and so to see that you also have a strong presence of the server and game forums was very encouraging to me that you would be a good group to sign up with.

Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: I consider myself in transition from casual to hardcore Are you currently a member of any SWTOR Republic guild? You can not join us if you're in another Republic guild.: No Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: No, though I have only been a member of a few guilds Which of the following interests you most?: PvE Which of the following interests you second most?: Story Which of the following interests you third most?: Exploring When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Leadership Position The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members... and other SWTOR players?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: Please do not let the 20 character level listed above deter you from seriously considering me as a member. I have recently moved from my 60 assassin to the republic side for a change of "scenery" and will be very focused on increasing this characters level over the next few days. I sincerely hope you take my application seriously as I would look forward to gaming with you and learning from you all!

Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: I work in public safety as an EMT and am subject to an emergency reactivation rule, wherein I can be activated on my days off and/or for long periods of time as emergencies develop in my local community. This leads to a situations where my best laid plans are overridden and I must report for work. If this arises would I be able to apply for leave so that I would not be kicked for inactivity? Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

You are in luck because we welcome all level here :) I see that you like fishing, I also enjoy fishing but my question is ... do you really fish wherever there is water? Do you by chance toss them into ponds or pools for the heck of it?

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have been known to tie a fishing line around my big toe, throw a bobber in the community pool and lay back having a mixed drink!

AlkalineAspect

Also relevant,

AlkalineAspect=Nilochas, changed my display name.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hello and welcome!  You seem like a cool guy, welcome!  We love well rounded people here.  I take it you're a raider?

Im trying to be,

Ive played mostly solo up until this point, or in a 2 man group with my brother who also plays. I ran a few of the level 50-55 raids way back when but have not done much after that. I enjoy it and want to get more into raiding, which is why I made the decision to look for a guild to join!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account. Here's how to do the latter:

•  Go to User Profile (Your name) at the top right of the forums.
  •  Under Characters tab, go to Add Character, make sure you choose ToR for your game and The Galactic Republic as your faction. Create the name as your main character's name in SWTOR!
  •  Now that your character has been created, go to the Sites tab under User Profile.
  •  Under Forum Posting As Settings select your character and click Set Character to Post As.
  •  Finished!

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here.

Complete √ 5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange and interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Two GSF battles
  2. One Flashpoints
  3. Two Warzones
  4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
  5. 30-45minutes of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Awarded:

Are you going by Nilochas or AlkalineAspect on the forums?  This name will define you on Teamspeak and in your member note in game.

For the forums I will go by my gamer handle AlkalineAspect.

Also I read the charter today and signed it as well as posting in the knights forum to introduce myself!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

invited him

Completed 4 and 5, plan to complete 6 sometime on Monday if possible and I am trying to level so I can take part in all these shenanigans I keep hearing on teamspeak and complete 7!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

You have until Wednesday :)  We do make exceptions for under-leveled players.  If you're in Teamspeak a lot and being social, that's really all that matters.  We ask for in-group activity to see how you work in a group, but that's fine.  I did a tactical flashpoint with you, you were fine.  You were a bit quiet though, but that's not a bad thing.

Nothing really needed to be said lol, I haven't been able to get on in the last few days because ive been bogged down in school and work but I should be able to get on once I get off shift. If worse come to worse and I am unable to complete I will reapply but I'm hoping that doesn't have to happen!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Well if you stay active and ask for a few days we won't just fail you :)

Hey Nilochas, Did you get a chance to do an interview? Looks like all other requirements have been met!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum