Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synaes

re: Intro: Ashas

Hello all,

I'm Ashas, a level 60 Mirialan Defense Guardian in game/father of three out of game. Either role seems to be all about threat management..

I initally picked up SWTOR at launch but, for various reasons, didn't stick with it for more then a couple months. EA/Bioware recently ran a promo where they offered all the expansions for a reasonable price so I figured I'd jump in and check it out. The end result is that I've been back for about 3 months and am enjoying the game.

Since coming back, I've played through each of the Imperial story lines and, at least started, the Republic ones. Guardian is the only one I've completed and the others just haven't 'hooked' me yet. That said, I have enjoyed playing the Guardian the most followed by my Sith Assassin (Syn'orresh)

Previous to SWTOR, in no particular order, The main MMOs I've played SWG, EvE, and WoW along with brief stints in various other games. Be it rose colored glasses or not, SWG holds some fond memories and was the first MMO that got me hooked on the genre. In SWG, I spent most of my time as a Master Ranger (Chilastra - Syn'thetic) mixed with other skills like Pistoleer or Architect. In WoW, my main went between Discipline and Shadow Priest (Steamwheedle Cartel - Synaes). I've generally played ranged classes so it was a bit of a surprise when I realized I was logging on to the Guardian more then any other character I created.

So that's the short-to-medium history. Beyond that, I'm a pretty laid back person and not usually very vocal in voice comms unless I know you/have gotten comfortable around you. I'm generally on in the morning, before work, knocking out some dailies. Otherwise, I tend to hop back on somewhere between 8-9 PM (Eastern). My youngest still wakes up frequently throughout the night, so that makes it a bit tough to get into more in depth activities at times. Beyond that, I'm not much of an RP'er, but generally prefer the RP server crowd if that makes any sense. I enjoy other people's creativity in that respect.

Regarding the name: Ashas is the name of a Skinny Puppy song on the hanDover album. https://youtu.be/uHmTXbbIvjM.

At any rate, I hope that gives you some insight about me and look forward to meeting everyone.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I chuckled at the threat management of parenthood!

Welcome man, you should fit in well :)  I'm Shawn, a high school history teacher and hockey/football player.  I wish you well in the trials and hope we're the guild for you!

Okay... hopefully I have more time to slack off today on the forums. In game I too am a Jedi Guardian Vigilance Spec. Name I pronounce  ee-yo-lo pax but I respond LoLo as well, and in a few cases accidentally responded on behalf of Eosque, who is another Paxian who goes by EO.

IRL My name Ian, and currently reside IL (suburb of Chicago) and I do IT support for my career, though some days I feel like I should pack it all in and move to Montana or something and like herd cattle instead. Outside the game I too enjoy playing Hockey (defense), but the Penguins are my team of choice. I usually try and make the home opener each year, though I missed it last year and went to a game in March instead.

I have played only a few MMOs, starting with Ultima Online (was a HUGE fan of the Ultima RPG). After that it was SWG, but I wasn't present at launch, and then a very quick stint on Star Trek Online before finally landing on Swtor.

Many of my RL friends do MMO games, but I can't think of a game that they spent close to a year with. I think their current flavor is Elder Scrolls Online (hard to keep track). When I enjoy a game, I am hooked. I am new to guilding in general, but having just discovered Pax Republica 3 years into Swtor, it feels like a brand new game again, and I am only a few weeks in.

Many folks (including myself) aren't ones to come out of the shell right away, especially on voice. Which I think is why Pax has this introduction phase. It allows people to read about you and find common interests to talk about, to help break that ice. That way when you meet in game or on TS, they can be like. 'Oh hey, you are the one said their urine smells like marshmallows, Nice to meet you!' Or something to that effect.  ;)

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum