Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shall we let Kius become a full time member?
Yes! One of us! One of us!
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
No...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Uhhh who is this Kius fellow?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Kius
Admin Account

Awarded:

re: Congrats to our newest Peacekeeper, Kius!

The application submitted by Kius is as follows:

Quote:
***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Personal Questions The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with. Age?: 31 Gender: Male Where are you from?: United States What is your main character's in-game name?: Kius Which is the AC for your main character?: Sage What level is your main character at this time?: 59 What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?: In game? I just LOVE the new content; I love exploring the story lines, and more recently, have gotten in to my alts, and seeing the game from their different story lines. So, content, I would say, is what motivates me. And PvP. I love sticking it to the Imps.

Out of game? Mu kids motivate my every move. Because of them, I work as hard as I can, so that I may one day own my own business, and provide for them the things I never had. What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?: Gaming? My competitiveness is my strength. My weakness is knowledge- I haven't played a great deal of the elder game, so I'm always the n00b on Raids.

IRL? See above. Mi kids are my rock. My weakness would be self-doubts/insecurity. What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: In game? PvPing, exporing the new content, going through my alts, and gathering materials. I haven't decided if I'm ever going to get in to crafting or not, but I have the mats to do it lol.

Out of game? I have no life, other than work and my kids. I barely have time ti play TOR. Pax Republica Questions These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible. How did you hear about Pax Republica?: In the long long ago. What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?: To understand that I am now a casual player, capable of playing, for the most part, only during the early morning, typically after I get off work. Basically, that I won't be around during the peak time, except a day or two here and there. I can't predict when I'll have time to play at peak hours, because of my job and kids. What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?: Support, in the form of materials gathering for the crafters, and help, when I'm online. I don't bring much to the table, I'll admit, but I don't expect much either. What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: Pax has always been home in my eyes. When I didn't have internet for almost a year, I was removed to inactivity, which is understandable. My last attempt to rejoin was met with failure, because I couldn't find anyone online to do anything with. Do I expect this time to be different? No, but I can hope it will be :) How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.: I meditate lol A non-guild member is talking smack about Pax, putting down the guild, or making fun of you. How do you react?:: Let it roll off me. If it's super offensive, there's a handy-dandy report feature I can make use of. I have limited play time as it is, I don't intend of wasting it on immature players. You're having disagreements with a guild member, either because they annoy you in Teamspeak or you have some conflict or disagreement in game. What do you do?: If it's truly an issue, there's a chain of command I can follow to raise awareness of the concern. Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: casual, now... What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.: KiAdiMundi http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=8232 Are you currently a member of any SWTOR guild and/or clan?: No Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.: Pax, and a beta guild. Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: YES! I was kicked out of PAX, after like, months, though. Even though I *did* say I planned to return- just wasn't sure when I'd be able to. Which of the following interests you most?: PvP Which of the following interests you second most?: Story Which of the following interests you third most?: Exploring The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True

Awarded:

I have to give you some credit for trying again Kius! :P

Place your trust in the Swishtem, for the Swishtem trusts you.
Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Hey Kius, I thought you were a member of this guild already?!? ;) Anyhow, I was online yesterday when you were as well. I agree the tough part of the trials might be coordinating times to do stuff but we can figure something out. What does your gaming schedule look like over the holidays? Are your kids old enough to craft for you?

Awarded:

SwishiestBog wrote:

I have to give you some credit for trying again Kius! :P

Thanks, man!  Pax is the only guild I consider home; have to try one more time.

Mazikeena wrote:

Hey Kius, I thought you were a member of this guild already?!? ;) Anyhow, I was online yesterday when you were as well. I agree the tough part of the trials might be coordinating times to do stuff but we can figure something out. What does your gaming schedule look like over the holidays? Are your kids old enough to craft for you?

I used to be lol; inactivity :( 

I would love to coordinate something.  My play schedule is something like 4-7AM, Eastern, on almost any given night/morning.  I work late, and therefor have to play late, but also have to wake up relatively early to watch my kids while the wife is at school.  Fun times!

Awarded:

I mean, for the trial I could probably get up for that.

Hopefully some people come in and ask some questions, but you've answered mine.

Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this trial you will have 7 days to complete some tasks as part of Trial Phase 1.

Trial Phase 2 consists of another 7 days.

Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a full functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if is the guild you actually want to join. If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns.

Please post in this thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

► Phase 1

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account. Here's how to do the latter:

•  Go to User Profile (Your name) at the top right of the forums.
    •  Under Characters tab, go to Add Character, make sure you choose ToR for your game and The Galactic Republic as your faction. Create the name as your main character's name in SWTOR!
    •  Now that your character has been created, go to the Sites tab under User Profile.
    •  Under Forum Posting As Settings select your character and click Set Character to Post As.
    •  Finished!

4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here.

5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

6. Arrange and interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Don't leave this until the last minute.

► Phase 2

7. Log on to Teamspeak and chat with members while in-game.

8. Get together with groups full of or mostly full of Pax Republica Peacekeepers or higher to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Three GSF battles
    1. Two Flashpoints
    1. Three Warzones
    1. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
    1. An hour of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Phase 3

9. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Let's hope we get it done this time!

Kius
Admin Account

Awarded:

<3 !!

I'm seeing you in the morning a lot, unfortunately your phase 2 is going to be coincident with my annual Christmas/New Year cross country migration :-(.  Hopefully you can get something worked out this time :-)

Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

I can log on some mornings over Christmas/New Year's so Kius just say something here and we can coordinate something

Awarded:

So Kius what have you done for Phase 1?

Kius
Admin Account

Awarded:

Hi Swish!  SOrry, been a bit busy at work.  I have done all tasks for phase 1, as requested.  My interview was with Asteal, this morning.

Awarded:

Oh sweet, well we'll move you to phase 2. I'll try to wake up a couple mornings to get on and do some gaming with you.

Brandon-jinn
Brandonjinn
Member - 4 Years

I should be able to help out and see ya in the morning as well now that school is on break!!! Hope to see you around soon

Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Have you been able to get anything done Kius?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

If you need an extension to go past the holidays where people may not be online to help you, let us know.

Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum