Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should Balinus become a Peacekeeper?
Yes!
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
I don't know him well enough to decide
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Balinus

re: Congrats to our newest Peacekeeper: Balinus!

The application submitted by Balinus is as follows:

Quote:
***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Personal Questions The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with. Age: 25 Gender: Male Which country do you live in?: Brazil Which time zone are you in?: GMT-3:00 What is your main character's in-game name?: Balynos Which is the AC for your main character?: Commando What level is your main character at this time?: 55 Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?: Working What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?: SWTOR is a game, and in a game we will try always to be the best and win. I dont play to loose, and, if i loose, it is to learn from my mistakes and to improve and win next time. In pvp, for example, yesterday i was doin lowbies with my sentinel lvl 52, fought a sorc, and he slowed and rooted me til i died, learned that i cant just force jump from start because i ll get knockback and wont be close, and that i need force camo to remove slows and etc. In operations it is the same, i cant keep dyeing from the same thing, i die once [ if i die ] to learn and to get better. My goal is to be the best player possible i can. This motivates me.
In life it is the same. i dont and cant be a regular guy in these days, or i wont be able to give confort to my family. Need to give everything i got into work, which i do. What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?: In gaming my strenghts is to try to be the best player possible i can be. I dont like being average, i try to be one of the best. I dont give up, i try until we r done with what we r doing. My weakness is my ping that is usually between 140-200, which is higher than someone in USA for example.
In real life my greatest strenght is my dedication when i want something. I wont stop til i do. It is how i got into college, my job, and every single other thing in my life. Probably my greatest weakness is my artritis reumatoidis [ i think this is how i would write in english lol ]. What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: When i in a guild, i like to do everything with guildies. Lets day that im pvpeing and need more 3 wins for my weekly, then Brandonjinn say that he needs a healer for a FP. I ll be the first to re-spec my commando and to go there to help. I mostly pvp, but i like to do ops, fps, quests, dailies, IF they r with guildies. When i can and have i am the type of guildie that even lend money to guildies if they need. I want to have some friends inside the game to make my experience even more awsome. Playing a mmo alone isnt fun. And since i like to keep improving my english, i stay in ts all the time chating and knowing ppl.
Out of game, i like to spend time with my fiancé, my parents, and one of the few friends i have. Watching movies, playing xbox, goin out for beer or food. Pax Republica Questions These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible. How did you hear about Pax Republica?: I heard first time some time ago, heard that some really good players r here, that pax usually clear the hardest content available. Then i was looking to join a guild with good pvpers, and knew Brandonjinn and Atown What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?: To be serious [ with content ], extremaly good players, and united. What i hope when i get in, is that they will be friendly, helpful. I know brandonjinn and atown, and they r awsome. Expecting that all members r like them. What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?: i'll be an active player, so i ll be doin everything i can do. I ll try to get to know a lot of ppl inside, and will aim to do everythying with guildies. i wont be just a name in the guild list, i want ppl to say '' balinus is nice, he is always up for something'' and things like that. Whathever the guild needs, i ll be there. What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: The good players that r grouped here. I want to be part of this group. Also need a guild with active players, which i ll find out here. How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.: I dont get stressed in game. If someone is camping me, which is annoying, i ll respawn far, if he contniues, ill log one of my best toons and kick his ass. If ppl do shit in pvp, i whisper and try to say what they did wrong, if they reply with ignorance, i ignore. In other words i dont get really stressed in game, i play to get a good time, not to get angry.
In life i avoid things that get me stresses, like car traffic. that pisses me off, so i avoid goin out in the rush hour for example. Aside that, im a rly calm person, i hardly get stressed. A non-guild member is talking smack about Pax, putting down the guild, or making fun of you. How do you react?:: That depends, if he is just a random idiot i may ignore or try to say things like '' u dont know my guild to say something like that''. I need to know more specificaly what the person would be saying. But of course that i ll always stand up for my guild and the ppl here. Im not just goin to spend a lot of my time with ppl that like to drama. You're having disagreements with a guild member, either because they annoy you in Teamspeak or you have some conflict or disagreement in game. What do you do?: I try to know why he is beeing a douche, and try to reason with him. If that doesnt work, will try talking to the GM. Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: In-between, but more to hardcore What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.: Balinus. Can't link right now because of the maintenance, hoping to link it later. Are you currently a member of any SWTOR guild and/or clan?: No Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.: The firsts guilds i have been i dont remember well. The one i spent most of my time is Fight. It was a pvp guild, had lots of friends, i logged everyday for hours and pvped all day. But the guild started to fall apart because some ppl wanted to do rated pvp and the leadership did not. Then i stopped playing for a lil bit than 6 months and when i came back the guild was empty. Thought was time to find a new and better guild. Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: Never, never gave a reason to. Which of the following interests you most?: PVP Which of the following interests you second most?: Socializing Which of the following interests you third most?: Raiding In relation to the guild.: We work together The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Leadership Position True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: I want to get in because i want to know good players to play with. I consider myself above average and want to play with ppl better than me so i can improve and get even better. I like to spend my time doin things with guildies even aside from pvp [ which is my favorite ] . Since i love speaking english, i ll be always in ts, knowing ppl and making friends. I have like a month off work because of the world cup, and will spend a lot of time playing. I think that the best thing i can say is, accept me, and let my trial say for myself. Give me this shoot and ill show the good guild i ll be. Please Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: Mostly i ll say when i get inside, like if there r ppl that run story mode just for fun and for the lore, and a few things about the trial, but like i said, all will be answered if i get in. Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Hey buddy, good to see you applied! I didn't even know you were looking for a guid. I had a lot of fun PvPing with you, Im just sorry we didn't get more time as Brandon nd I had been playing our lowbies for a few hours.

Anyway, what we normally do now is ask you a few questions to get to know you better, and once you answer a few, we'll move you on to your "Trainee" status. 

So:

1) If I remember correctly you were in Assault Spec. I saw you said that if you needed to, you could respec heals, but do you ever choose to play as a healer or Gunnery? and what made you decide on Assault?

2) What other level 55 toons do you have, if any, and how often do you play them?

3) Who's your favorite Ninja Turtle? And how do you say, "Ninja Turtle" in Portuguese?

Awarded:

Another great application.  We are international friendly so nice to see a Brazil player apply to the guild.  We strive to be accessible to all players of all player types.

We do run all operation mode types.  Now that Patch 2.8 is being released today, I see pax running premade 8man group finder operations to get the new perk of 30 ultimate comms for doing so.

The trial consists of 3 phases.  when your application is accepted, and it looks like it will be based on how well you filled it out, you will move to phase 1.  

Phase 1 consists of ensuring you get an interview, sign the charter to agree to the rules and charter for Pax Republica, and do some simple things such as choose an avatar (which you've already done).  

Phase 2 is effectively an activity check to ensure people that apply were serious.  You need to run flashpoints, operations, or PvP with Pax players.  This essentially is an easy requierment, you're basically just playing with us - which is why you submitted an application anyway - to play with us!

Phase 3 is the voting phase.  Only a very few have not passed the voting phase when they make it there.

Each Phase is a week long.  When I went through the Trial process, I considered myself a member by Phase 2, because I was treated as such and got to play with everyone.  It was a breeze the rest of the way.  Activity requirements for Phase 2 cannot count during the first week's Phase 1, but don't hold yourself back, play with us all you want in PvE and PvP content.  We do everything: GSF, PvP unranked and ranked, PvE flashpoints, dailies, operations.

Once you're accepted as Trainee, this post will be updated with the entire process of each Phase in bulleted list form.  You'll be kept aware of the status as well as know specifically when each week will end.  So no worries!

Awarded:

Welcome man!  Great application, and a friend of Atown's and/or Brandon's is a friend of mine.  I only ask what is it like in Brazil with the World Cup about to start?

Awarded:

Woops, corrections to two things in my original post.  In Phase 1 of your Trials, you will actually need to update your avatar as it is the guild launch default avatar.  Also, Phase 3 isn't actually a week, the voting phase only lasts 3 days.  My fault!  Thanks Shawn for catching that. 

re: Balinus

Wow so many questions lol lets go

1- I was tryeing assault, but i usually pvp as gunnery. And if ppl need, i can go heals, goin to get some implants and enh for the case of healing often.

2- I have a guardian, shadow, gunslinger [ my favorite ], marauder, powertech, and a sentinel lvl 53. Like i said, i rly enojoy this game, and if i enter this guild i ll stay forever, this guild seems to be my type of guild.

3- It is rafael, because when i was little i remember that in the first film he had a fight with leonardo, and ran away lol. It is Tartarugas Ninjas lol.

4- Man ppl r goin bananas with all the WC stuff. Brazil only did 40% of everything they said they would build. Lots of workers goin on strike. It is a complete mess, but thursday Brazil will play and ppl will forget the problems.

And ty all for your kindness, hoping to know all of u. Just have one question for now. I should sigh the charter right now?

edit: Just changed my avatar, that's me and the girl [ obviously ]  is my fiancé.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

good work! time to start your trials

Awarded:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days to complete some tasks as part of Trial Phase 1.

Trial Phase 2 consists of another 7 days.

Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a full functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if is the guild you actually want to join. If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found in THIS THREAD.

Please post in this thread whenever you complete a step.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

► Phase 1 Complete √ 

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account. Here's how to do the latter:

•  Go to User Profile (Your name) at the top right of the forums.
    •  Under Characters tab, go to Add Character, make sure you choose ToR for your game and The Galactic Republic as your faction. Create the name as your main character's name in SWTOR!
    •  Now that your character has been created, go to the Sites tab under User Profile.
    •  Under Forum Posting As Settings select your character and click Set Character to Post As.
    •  Finished!

Complete √

4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here.

Complete √5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √6. Arrange and interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Don't leave this until the last minute.

► Phase 2 Complete √ 

Complete √ 7. Log on to Teamspeak and chat with members while in-game.

Complete √ 8. Get together with groups full of or mostly full of Pax Republica Peacekeepers or higher to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Three GSF battles
    2. Two Flashpoints
    3. Three Warzones
    4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
    5. An hour of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Phase 3

9. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

Good luck!

Guys i dont know how to put SWTOR as games, and i cant put my guardian in the character tab. Any help?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Interview  done!

Hi Balinus,

To add your swtor characters:

1. Goto "View your profile" under you account menu

2. Goto to the 'Characters' tab

3. Click "Add new character". There will be a drop down list to specify Star Wars: The Old Republic. Then you will be able to add the rest of your character info

HTH,

Mazi

PS - Haven't said hi yet. Hi Happy

Awarded:

You actually don't even have to get your Guardian set on the character tab.  Your forum name is Balinus and so is your main character's name!

So i dont need? Because when i click at the characters tab, it says that the site send a confirmation email, but they didnt u know?

Balinus

Well so the first part is done right? When the second starts?

Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Second part starts on the 17th of June. so about 5 more days.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum