Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shall he become a Peacekeeper?
Yes, despite his disturbing avatar
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know him well enough to vote.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

mackthknife

re: Congratulations to our newest full-member - Mackthknife!

The application submitted by mackthknife is as follows:

Quote:
***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Personal Questions The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with. Age: 39 Gender: Male Which country do you live in?: Canada Which time zone are you in?: GMT+5:00 What is your main character's in-game name?: Mackthknife Which is the AC for your main character?: Shadow What level is your main character at this time?: 55 Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?: Working What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?: I love understanding the whole story and filling in all the gaps from any other relevant information. It is part of my nature to look at a problem and pick it apart to understand and solve it. This applies to my work, my life, and also when I am gaming. It is very satisfying to work a problem through and discover the solution whether this applies to work or gaming. The tougher the problem, the harder I work at it and the more fulfilling it is when I solve the problem. This directly applies to my SWTOR gaming and running operations that require coordination, timing, and a lot of thinking on the spot to achieve victory. What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?: Strengths: I am a social individual and I value my friendships. I prefer gaming with a group that I can identify and feel comfortable with.
One weakness would be self pity. I hate letting down my friends or other team members and if I do, I feel pretty awful about it. It does make me strive to perfect a particular goal or habit so this is not a habitual occurrence. What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: I enjoy playing with my kids. Their innocence at such a young age is great fun. I enjoy movies and television, however, I have given up cable and tend to pick and choose the shows I like to watch via Netflix. I also have a great interest in ancient history, reading whatever material I come across. This is my first on-line venture into the gaming world, however, I have always played video games and enjoyed the role playing aspect. Pax Republica Questions These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible. How did you hear about Pax Republica?: My friends who are currently Pax Republica guild members told me about your guild. I have occasionally teamed up with a group made up of a number of Pax members to complete a FP or operation. It was great fun and the guild members were awesome and so helpful. It made me realize that this was the guild I wanted to join. What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?: I would hope that every member treats other members as they would like to be treated. My experience thus far has shown this to be the case. Pax Republica guild members have been kind and patient with me as I am not quite as experienced as others in the world of gaming. As part of my evening activities to de-stress I look forward to playing SWTOR with my fellow guild members and wouldn’t want any “bad apples” to spoil our evening. What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?: I am a quick learner and reliable. If I am going to be absent after making a commitment, I will let the guild know. I enjoy chatting during an operation and will not be a silent member. I am not trying to max out my skillset at all costs – I want to engage with others and have fun while we complete our objectives. What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: It was being able to join in on a few operations with some Pax Republica guild members. I’ve come across many less than desirable players that I have nothing in common with when it comes to gaming but your guild has the right blend of social banter and serious gaming. Being on Team Speak with Pax guild members and playing with them has probably been some of my favorite recent missions. I found everyone to be very patient with me and even guided me through a particularly tough spot in one mission which was very much appreciated. A few of them have encouraged me to join which I hope to do. How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.: In the game I rarely feel much stress. Sometimes if I’m having difficulty completing a story mode mission, I just take a break and come back to it later. That usually does the trick.
In real life, I go and play with my dog and my kids. There have been many stressful days at work, but when I come home and see my family, I just turn off workmode and play. It’s as simple as that. Another way I reduce any stress is to actually go online and, ironically, play SWTOR. A non-guild member is talking smack about Pax, putting down the guild, or making fun of you. How do you react?:: I usually don’t. Whoever is creating this negative attitude probably makes it a daily habit of putting others down and they just aren’t worth my time. I play to enjoy, relax and chat with like-minded individuals. It is easier to just Ignore them and not fuel the fire. You're having disagreements with a guild member, either because they annoy you in Teamspeak or you have some conflict or disagreement in game. What do you do?: As I mentioned before, I hate letting anyone down. Any disagreements I might have, I have to resolve and would do so in a one-on-one manner. I don’t think it would be good form to involve others in a situation that was my responsibility to resolve. That being said, I do like to “bounce” ideas off some of my closer friends to make sure I have not misread the situation. More than likely we were just miscommunicating and could very easily resolve the issue. Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: somewhere in-between What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.: MackthKnife Are you currently a member of any SWTOR guild and/or clan?: Yes Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.: Hobbit Feet – formerly Keine Neuen – essentially inactive – all group members had left when I joined. Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: no Which of the following interests you most?: Raiding Which of the following interests you second most?: Story Which of the following interests you third most?: PVP In relation to the guild.: We work together The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: Only that I hope you consider my application and I look forward to joining the guild as a trial member.
Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: Admittedly I am not sure what the forum link is? Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True
Tastierkakes
Tastierkakes
Officer

I am one of the aforementioned friends who encourageD Mack to apply...thanks for following through on that, Mack!  One quick thing before we get started is that we need you to drop any other guild memberships that you have before we get the application process started.   We do this so that there isn't any conflicts with other guilds on the PoT5 server.  Post here to confirm that you've dropped your other guild and we can move on to subsequent steps.  

Also, were you unsure where the guild forums were?  The general forum index is at:

http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/forums/index.php?gid=118791

Of special note is the information for applicants:

http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7352272&gid=118791

Also, you should upload an avatar for your guildlaunch account as well.  So the two immediate things for you are: 1. drop your current guild and 2. upload an avatar.  We can then take it from there. 

Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Mack, great application.  I have no questions at this time, as we normally like to ask questions prior to accepting the application.  We'll wait for anyone else that may have questions, but with that good application it will be accepted by end of today, provided you've done the things Tastie requested.

Thank you for filling out a great application.

re: getting there

Thanks for the advice Tasty. I have uploaded my avatar, but i'm just waiting on 2.8 to update, so that might take some time before i can delete my current guild. Should be soon though!

And Soul, thanks for the kind words.

Guild has been dropped.

It's in your hands now :)

Mack

Jacen
Branch™
Veteran

Awarded:

Hi Mack!

Questions:

What is your favorite food?

Favorite genre of music?

mackthknife

re: Questions.

Hi Branch!

Answers to your questions.

What is your favorite food?

Mexican. Love a restaurant in Houston called Pappasitos. Best salsa in the world.

Favorite genre of music?

Classic Rock.

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

thehehe. hello there :P

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days to complete some tasks as part of Trial Phase 1.

Trial Phase 2 consists of another 7 days.

Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a full functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if is the guild you actually want to join. If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found in THIS THREAD.

Please post in this thread whenever you complete a step.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

► Phase 1

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account. Here's how to do the latter:

•  Go to User Profile (Your name) at the top right of the forums.

•  Under Characters tab, go to Add Character, make sure you choose ToR for your game and The Galactic Republic as your faction. Create the name as your main character's name in SWTOR!

•  Now that your character has been created, go to the Sites tab under User Profile.

•  Under Forum Posting As Settings select your character and click Set Character to Post As.

•  Finished!

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here.

Complete √ 5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange and interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Don't leave this until the last minute.

► Phase 2

7. Log on to Teamspeak and chat with members while in-game.

8. Get together with groups full of or mostly full of Pax Republica Peacekeepers or higher to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Three GSF battles

1. Two Flashpoints

1. Three Warzones

1. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")

1. An hour of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.)

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Phase 3

9. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

Good luck!

mackthknife

My introduction has been posted on the consular forum.

cheers.

Mack

Huvey Skirtstalker

Canada eh? Allmost made it.

My question to you is; which movie did I just quote? :p

mackthknife

hmmmm, don't know. Give me 24 hours. I'll figure it out.

mackthknife

I have read the Charter in full and agree with it completely.

Mack 

Tastierkakes
Tastierkakes
Officer

I handled Mack's interview in TS.   Great guy despite the fact that his avatar creeps me out.  

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

yeah what IS that avatar??

My wife has a stuffed koala (not a real stuffed koala - that would be weird) named Mackerel. He's been around for 20 years or so. This is a picture of one eye, part of his nose and part of his ear. The picture creeps my wife out too.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum