View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

re: Elder Scrolls Online Early Access

So... i got the imperial edition from my friend for free...  just found out..  im on Ebonheart pact as Templar Imperial.  guess i'll try tanking or something

ohhhhh nice waars. very nice! :D

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Well... i only got to play the game for 30 min.  so if you want to know if i liked it...  i got killed by a spider.  hurray  10/10...    My friend tried to open a door and he couldn't and he dc'd and then said that set up your subsciption on 4/6/2014. use the prompt..  there isn't one.  lol    

basically its saying i need to make a subscription plan but it won't let me because there is no tab for it.   it doesn't exist.  people are raging.

over 8 hours of downloading to play 30 min.  heh..

I'm pretty sure they will fix that soon so it's not like you downloaded for nothing, and if that makes you feel any better I've downloaded for a week and so far made it to a total of lvl 7 :P

edit:

just tested. works for me. after you put in your game code you get an option to chose your payment. I could pick between 3 different credit cards, paypal and paysafe (no clue if that is available in the usa)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Yeah I chose the middle payment, $41 every three months or something like that.  I'm level 24 now on Daggerfall.

I bought the zygot leveling guide addon for $30 for daggerfall covenant, it's awesome.  It's like a dynamic overlay leveling guide with an arrow pointing where you should go.  I know some people want to be totally immersed in the game but I have ADHD so ESO would take forever leveling if I didn't have something reminding me, "Hey dude, over here".  It's a legit leveling guide too, because questing XP is the fastest way to level solo.  Takes you through the best routes to finish all your quests so you dont get lost.

The power levelers are grouping up and just grinding specific mobs, as usual.  The botters are camping public dungeon bosses that respawn ever 15-20 seconds and getting soul shards and stuff that stack in inventory.  I camped a few myself for gear and soul shards.  I have like 1.1k gold worth of lesser soul shards, about 40. I plan on selling them to vendor when I've outleveled their use at around level 30.  they are used to rez you in the same location you just died. otherwise you have to res at a wayshrine.

Still playing.  Got my knight up to 16 and started playing a templar for the daggerfall.  Going the healing route, definitely fun.

I also got early access to the game, and played for about a month. It is an amazing game, beautiful graphics, very open world feeling about it. But.. the game mechanics seem so much like so many other games that are out right now, and I really want to focus on things here with the guild and with SWTOR for a while. Its so hard to be able to focus on more than one game sigh...

Awarded:

I know.  If I could afford to buy the games and have time for them, I would also try TESO for it's pvp, and Titan Fall, and so many others.  But SWTOR and BF4 keep me really happy.

Awarded:

Yeah, I just let my sub run out. It was fun but not really as engaging as I'd like. I  had fun, the mechanics were cool and I really like how they set up crafting but I dont think it stood out as a game that I'd rather play over SWTOR.

yeah same. I really enjoy the crafting, and the game itself isn't too bad (I'd probably play it to the finish of the story if it was a single player game)

but it's just not 'good enough' for me when I already have SWTOR, FFXIV and recently rediscovered The Secret World (which I don't have to pay a sub for as it's buy to play... and zombies always win. sorry, Bethesda. )

that being said, it's definitely a good game, and I can see people enjoying it for a long time. it has a lot of things it does really good (I really love how specific choices actually change the game world, or the whole travelling back in time and other dimensions!) - the crafting is amazing especially when you're used to SWTOR that pretty much has no actual crafting. the combat is very similar to the last Elder Scrolls games but 'adjusted' to work in MMOs, and the class 'tweaking' is a nice concept (though I personally think FFXIV and The Secret World do it better)

it's definitely a game worth it's time, so I hope nobody gets discouraged from enjoying it :P

Last edited by Satiata on June 18, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Crasic

I agree 100% with both of you.  I like it, but not $15 a month like it.

Awarded:

Interesting.  So what is it that makes it unappealing for the long term, if it's "a good game, but not enough to pay $15 for it)?

Awarded:

I sort of answered my own question with a little research:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-elder-scrolls-online-review/1900-6415741/

"Where as in Skyrim and previous versions, you can craft your own story, in TESO you follow along a prescribed story that is one long-winded conversation after another."

I pretty much just lost interest.  It held me on for two months, but after that I lack the drive to even start it up.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: