Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

re: March Member Spotlight: RebuiltHK47 !

Forum Image

Forum Image

Justicar RebuiltHK47

Interview

What other hobbies / activities do you take part in when you’re not gaming or hanging out with Pax Republica?
“Not gaming"? Is that possible? What does that even mean? Ha ha ha ha! I'm kidding... or am I? Yes. I am. But seriously, I'm almost always gaming. In reality, the only time I'm not gaming is when I'm either working or participating in spiritual activity. As one of Jehovah's Witnesses that includes the door to door ministry (the goal of which is NOT to recruit or convert) which I take part in twice a week, sometimes more, or the Kingdom Hall construction work. That's pretty much the only thing I do when not gaming.
Besides that, anything I do, takes place WHILE I'm gaming. "But don't you have real life friends that you do things with?" Yup. They're gamers and Jehovah's Witnesses too. And that's what we do together.
As a Star Wars fan I do collect Star Wars items as a hobby. Specifically the action figures. I've been doing so for about 8 or 9 years now. Though the last few years have been difficult doing so with computer repairs and the death of my phone. That and the fact that in stores the cost of those things went from $4 each to $10 in the year the economy went bad and hasn't changed since. That has made purchases difficult too.

What do you like best about Pax Republica?
I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, it's a lot like my first guild was (though my interaction with them was minimal at the time). Any topics that could cause division between members (such as religion, politics, etc) is not allowed. I respect that and appreciate it because it will cause division. I also like that Pax has rules and sticks to them, but isn't so strict that it chokes it's members. And if you break a rule your not immediately removed (unless it's serious) but you're not just given a slap on the wrist either. I also like that if you mess up in an Ops, you don't get benched to "help" a member get better and it's not held against you.

What was your first online gaming experience?
Attempting to play Republic Commando on a Verizon air card that had 50Kb speed with 3k - 5k ping. And making the "skilled" players (those who use nothing but pistols) mad by using all the weapons provided by the game (specifically rocket launchers).
Them: "What a noob." "You suck at this." "Blah blah blah."
Me: "It's in the game, I'm going to use it. Deal with it."

What got you into online gaming, and what are some of your favorites of all time?
Honestly, I'm not "into" online gaming. I still prefer playing Single Player games.
But a lot of the games I play are headed in the direction of online play. So technically it's the day and age we live in that has gotten me into online gaming.
My favorites of all time would have to be Starcraft 1 and 2, the old Jedi Knight series, and SW:TOR.

What is your favorite part of SWTOR?
The story content. I'm a huge Star Wars lore buff. I've been through almost every class storyline twice now. I still have to finish the Bounty hunter and Agent again as of this moment.

What is your favorite Star Wars character, and why?
Uh.... I don't have a single one. It started out being Vader. Then I discovered Revan. Then it used to be Nihilus without a doubt, because nobody (from any era) could stop him/resist his power except for someone who was also a wound, a hole in the Force (I know someone is going to disagree and say Palpatine, but what I've seen/read says otherwise). They had to be an exact equal to him.
But that sort of changed when the Revan novel and TOR came out. If the new "Galaxy shattering" content brings back Revan in some super awesome way, it will change to Revan again. Easily.

What is your favorite episode of Star Wars, and why?
Mine is the most recent one. Star Wars: Into Darkness. Yup. I always hate this question because I love all six. So I'm going to go with "D: All of the above."

Why did you choose the Galactic Republic over the Sith Empire?
Because they're the good guys. Duh. Also, I'm not good at playing an evil person. I'm not naturally mean in any way.  Sure I can throw insults when provoked enough, but it takes a lot to get me there and I always feel bad after.

How does it feel to be a part of this month’s Monthly Spotlight?
Very bright. I think I'm going to have light spots in my eyes for a week.
THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!
I'm actually surprised. I didn't expect to be selected for it, at least not for a while.

What do you do for work/school, and what is your dream job?
I help my dad with his work which is professional carpet, upholstery, and ceramic tile cleaning. As well as VC tile maintenance. I've been doing so for 17 years (3/4 of my life), and my dad has for 30 years. It's a family business. You name it, we've seen and cleaned it.
My dream job USED to be something with computers, like computer programming and such.
But now my dream job is doing what I enjoy and am knowledgeable at that pays well enough for me to have what I need, and at times things I want.

What is the best moment you've had in SWTOR with the guild, for example in PvP or PvE?
My best moment was shortly after I joined as a full member, I found out that Pax hadn't taken down the last boss in TFB HM or Kephess in NiM EC after those had been out for a while and thought, "What noobs. My last guild has done so several times and long ago."
I'M KIDDING! I'M KIDDING!
My best moment with Pax to date, was when we took down Operator IX for the first time after BioWare made the changes they did to the fight, and I killed it with my plasma cell proc for only 114 damage.
Equal to that was when we one-shot the same boss, and it didn't occur to anyone that we did so for the first time.

Are there any individuals in the SW: TOR community or elsewhere to whome you’d like to give a shout-out?
-Shawn for being an excellent guild leader.
-Sati for be an excellent healer, for a Scoundrel anyways.
-A member formerly of my last guild Radiant Impact named Blackdeath (his forum name
(I think that's right. It was something like that.)) for teaching me how to identify the correct set bonus for my class which in turn helped me know how to identify the set bonus for other classes.
-Dordrac for teaching me how to understand my class as a Vanguard and how to min/max.
-Gluefoot for being very friendly and making me feel very welcome to the guild.  *tries to send good internet to Glue*
-Mystery Science Theater 3000 for enabling me to have a name like Blasthardcheese.

And George Lucas for creating the awesomeness that is Star Wars.

Last edited by Kayllek Veran on May 5, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I'm getting a few characters cut off on the right side of the frame... maybe because of the monospace font?

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Same here. For some reason it's not fitting the text within the boundaries of the post.

Since Raptr was installed.
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

I have the same problem but I have that problem with every longer post. I just hit quote to read the full thing. hehe.

anyway,

lol. into darkness.

*ignores the scoundrel jab*

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Very nice to get to know you better!

Awarded:

Woo hoo Blast!  

Awarded:

Skip Randall wrote:

I'm getting a few characters cut off on the right side of the frame... maybe because of the monospace font?

Been trying to fix that! Just don't know how :(

Awarded:

Hrm... weird that I'm not having any issues!  I'm in Chrome with a pretty wide monitor.  Now I do see like 2 lines of text that go outside the post background and kind of onto the darker side panel, but I can still read it.  Hrm.  One solution is to have someone (Kayllek?) copy this, paste it into a Google Doc on the Google Drive cloud, post a link here to that file.

Anyway, Blasthard, great to get to know you more man!  Didn't realize your spiritual so that was cool to learn, and thanks so much for the kudos you gave me at the end, and the love you have for how we all run the guild, the whole strict but not too strict thing.  Definitely what I/we strive for.  Hooray Pax!

One thing I thought of was that for the next member spotlight, Blasthard would pick the person he thinks should be spotlighted.  He could tell Kayllek, Kayllek sends that person the questions, etc. and then that chain would continue where members pick other members.

Oh, and Kayllek:  Feedback = PERFECT job in my opinion.  I mean, the technical issue probably isn't your fault so we'll figure that out, and the only other thing I'd ask/suggest is that you could post these member spotlights here and then in our Guild News section (i just did that with blasthard's)... Or we could just do it in the guild news so it's not redundant, whatever.  I like it in the news section so it's on the home page, looks good for recruiting, etc.

Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Cut and pasting for some thing that includes formatting doesn't come across well into the editor. Particularly if its copied from an older post that used the BB code editor...what I'm really saying is that its all souls fault. I've re-done the post so it should appear normally for everyone

Awarded:

Alright, thank you for the help! I did do a lot of formatting in OpenOffice before copying it over here, so I guess that's what screwed it up  So, that was my fault!

Now that I know how to access the Pax Admin account,  I'll post the Spotlights with it, just to be all proper and fancy like that Happy

Other points:

-I'd like to continue posting it here in the Awards section just cause it's a shoutout and sort of ceremony type thing, idk, but I will definitely put it in Guild News too! I was actually debating on whether or not to post it there, but seeing as it has always been in the awards section, I just left it there.

-Shawn mentioned that the current Spotlight Member will pick the next to be interviewed! This is something I'd like to start, so it will be easier to find the next member Happy

Awarded:

Sounds good not sure I like having it on the guild news in full. Maybe a short version and a link to the full interview would be better.

Kayllek Veran wrote:

Alright, thank you for the help! I did do a lot of formatting in OpenOffice before copying it over here, so I guess that's what screwed it up :(  So, that was my fault!

I used Open Office to fill it out. I did so because a bunch of the text was really tiny. That and other parts just wouldn't work right when hitting the "Enter" key.

Unfortunately the end result that was posted does not have the same look as what I had made. Oh well.

Since Raptr was installed.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Open Office is the best thing ever.  As long as you Save As -> Microsoft Word 2003-2007.

Awarded:

Aestel Cooper wrote:

Sounds good not sure I like having it on the guild news in full. Maybe a short version and a link to the full interview would be better.

What would the reason be?  The post is too long and take up too much of the Home Page?  If so that makes sense and would agree with you.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum