Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agriaan

re: Agriaan Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, I'm almost 40, and I live in West Michigan, although I grew up just outside of Los Angeles.  I am a Production Supervisor for a company that makes high-end car mirrors.  I currently work 3rd Shift, which means my play time is pretty whacked out.  I'm usually on from about 7:30 to 10:30 am ET, and most Friday and Saturday nights overnight, depending on whether we're working weekends or not.

I have only been playing SWTOR for about 6 months, but have been enjoying it.  I usually approach these games looking to experience a little bit of everything.  This usually means that I don't excel in any one area, but have fun doing a little bit of it all.  I have a toon for each of the major classes above level 50, but don't really focus on any one character, so it's hard to pick a main toon, which is why my GuildLaunch name is my Legacy name, rather than a specific character's name.  The nice part is I can usually fill any holes that a group may need, although I may not be the best.

I look forward to hanging out with everyone, experiencing more, and learning more about the game.

Agriaan

Oh yeah, my Commando's name is Ryange, and I'll be hanging out on that toon for the next week or so.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Welcome!

Heya Chris, I am Ian, from Chicago Suburbs. I do IT support as my career and when not in game or at work, I can usually be found playing beer-league hockey.

I experienced SWTOR the same way as you I think, I wanted to dabble in  a little bit of everything, and became a jack of all trades (master of none hehe). I have my main that I am really attached to (Guardian DPS) and he usually gives me good survivability in PvP and PvE. However when I would try to get groups for heroics or flashpoints with him, it took forever to get one together. I rolled a healer toon and I rarely waited very long (could be that it was a she too hehe). With later expansions I realized that many of the heroics could be soled with a healing character and tank companion, so my healer became my secondary main. Then I wanted to get into the 8-man operations, and the group forming always seems to need a tank... so Yup I rolled a tank... then a Ranged DPS, then a stealth.....etc hehe.

So I get where you are g=coming from hehe. I want to experience all aspects of the game too :)

Welcome!

re: Re: Agriaan Introduction

Agriaan wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, I'm almost 40, and I live in West Michigan, although I grew up just outside of Los Angeles.  I am a Production Supervisor for a company that makes high-end car mirrors.  I currently work 3rd Shift, which means my play time is pretty whacked out.  ...

...This usually means that I don't excel in any one area, but have fun doing a little bit of it all.  I have a toon for each of the major classes above level 50, but don't really focus on any one character, so it's hard to pick a main toon, which is why my GuildLaunch name is my Legacy name, rather than a specific character's name....

...I look forward to hanging out with everyone, experiencing more, and learning more about the game.

Hey Chris,

You're not too much older than me and some of the others in the guild, so you know, and I think we've got a good number of folks in your general age range.

As to hours in-game, I'm in much the same situation but for different reasons.  My job is largely by appointment and requires travel depending on where the appointment is, so my time in-game depends a lot on my work and social schedule, which changes all the time.  Despite this, I've now done about 3 ops with the guild since joining recently.

Unlike you, I am not really all that new to the game.  I started playing @ launch, but eventually quit out of frustrations stemming from the fact that I couldn't sink enough time into the game to effectively do the things I wanted to do, like raiding or even level at a decent pace.  So, I left for a while and returned b/c a Pax member (correctly) told me that SWTOR was a new game.  You can actually do a little bit of everything and still be pretty effective now.  

That said, I understand completely about having difficulty in identifying a single main.  That's no issue.  Right now, for me, it is TacoHell (my trooper-tank).  It used to be Draelenn (my knight/sentinel).  In the future it may be BrassTack (my sawbones/healer).  So, you can just call me John or Taco, whichever you prefer.  Taco seems to be what most folks in the guild are using (I think it's just easier to remember).  

I look forward to seeing you in game.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum