View previous topic :: View next topic  
solo.battle

re: Team Fortress 2

I just recently heard about this game, still downloading.  The reason I found this was that I have been contemplating playing some online FPS games like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Then I came across this game, seems like tons of folks recommend it.  It is free-to-play on Steam.  Wonder if any guildies have played this game and what do you think.  I will report back once I played it a bit what I feel.

I am still slowly gearing my main characters in SWTOR, but a bit tired of having to gear up again and again.  Just to maintain my Guardian have taken all my time, no time to do anything else.  I am very interested in playing other advanced classes, but probably only limit to lowbie PvPing, because I cannot possibly have time to gear up another level 55 character.

Guild Wars 2 would have been perfect for me, because I can jump in and play any class in structured PvP without any gearing up or leveling.  But their maps are boring and the combat is boring as well.  WvW is fun but again require long sessions and some gearing up to have fun.

So I have been searching for some fun PvP games.  I might buy BF4 or CoD ghost next month to try them out.  Right now TF2 is what I am looking into.  I like these games in that I can jump in and have some fun right off the bat, and able to play all classes without doing much grinding.

In retrospect, I was turned into a primarily small-scale-map PvP player due to my time constrain.  I agree MMO should be PvE focused, PvP is less than half of the game and it should be.  Raiding with teammates is a lot of fun as I have done that in the past and loved it.  But I simply cannot attend a raid any time soon...

I am still invested in SWTOR and would be excited for the space mini-expansion and keep playing war zones.  Once I finish gearing up my Guardian (should be in a few days) to full Conqueror and some Obroan pieces I will play in more guild teams.  I suppose once I run ranked most of the time, Obroan gear should come steadily.

Lord Marvel

TF2 is very cool game, we played it a lot... and I mean A LOT when we were waiting for TOR to be released :DIT`s more silly than serious FPSes like CoD and BF :) I hope that you`ll like it :D

gluefoot
Veteran

Marvel's right, it is pretty silly. But still fun.

"Did I fire six shots or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever."

Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

First game I logged 40 hours in a week too.

Very fun and not that hard to get in too, but hard enough to master.

No grinding is required, weapons you start with are just as good as many others.

I love that game so much.

Place your trust in the Swishtem, for the Swishtem trusts you.
Wylan
jpotter56
Veteran

Awarded:

'Tis a great game indeed

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: