View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

re: New Headset Ordered

Ok - so I tried getting a mic to attach to my shirt or cord of my headphones while gaming. This isn't working out very well so I splurged on these:

Sennheiser PC 363D
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O515CK

Forum Image

Price is very high so I am expecting these to last a long time. Does anyone else use a Sennheiser headset for gaming? And if so, how do you like it?

My previous setup consisted of my expensive headphones + my broken headset around my sholders with the mic pointed at my face. It was uncomfortable but the mic was still pretty snazzy so I went with it. Now the mic isn't working because the mic wire got cut. The broken headband of the headset had been slowly cutting away the mic wires and I didn't notice.

I use a sennheiser. a sliiiightly cheaper model. works great. so this one should definitely work!

from what I gathered, in general Sennheiser is one of the two branches that 'pro gamer' use. at least at last year's gamescom everyone of the league players used Sennheiser but that might have been a sponsor-thing. lol

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Ya, between Sennheiser and Astro - pretty much right now those are heavily sponsored. Astro actually didn't have super high ratings in some places, Sennheiser was considered better for gaming specifically, in several reviews. I also liked the materials in the PC363d and, in my experiences, the USB headsets have really clear digital voicerecording.

I'm in the Sati club now!!

I have had several headset that were around $300-500. However the one I have now has been the best I have ever used and I got it for $70.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Surround-Headset/dp/B006ZS5ATM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376603411&sr=8-2&keywords=gamecom+780

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Dordrac
Member - 1 Year

Awarded:

I use a Sennheiser one, but it's a lot cheaper than the one you got. I only have the 163D headset which was around $150.

Still a very good headset though!
Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Ohh two Sennheiser owners, makes me feel better about the money I spent.

Cmelt - treat your Plantronics headset with care. They sound very good, at the cost of construction.

I've gone through three Plantronics headsets. Some of the older models and one of the newer model. They love to break around the headband part, they just snap as you're putting them over your head.

The older ones, one of the speakers went out in the left side after a year (just outside of warranty). Decided to get another pair because they sounded so good. Another speaker went out within 6 months that time and I didn't care to get a replacement, I was done with the brand at the time.

Years later I went back to them and got another pair of the newer version. Was very happy with the sound quality and the quality of the mic. One day I was just putting them over my ear and *SNAP* the plastic headband part just broke. I was like W T F. I ended up using that broken headset around my shoulders becuase the mic was so good. I used my expensive headphones as the playback.

Sooo, I'm done with Plantronics myself.

Awarded:

Ooh shiney. I like it. I can see why audiophiles get so hardcore into sound. This headset plays music really amazingly - sounds sound so hyperrealistic and there's a lot of depth. It's like my ears were plugged and then unplugged and everything sounds more intense.

Mic is very clear and I love that flipping the mic up away from the face back into the headrest auto-mutes the mic. That is so sleek.

Bery happy - if you have the funds and really care about how things sound and how you sound on mic, this was a great purchase!

Go with Sennheiser.

It may be expensive, but it is German for 'we build very good.. pay the money'.

I use one of these daily - Sennheiser Set 840 S RF TV listening system.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-tv-listening-system-hearing-aid-wearers-set-840-s

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Wow, that is fancy. You have a hearing loss, too? Mine is about 70% loss in my right ear.

Jump to: