View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cmelt

re: Extra Credits

So those of you in our skype chat have seen me posting links to the extra credits show from time to time. I think it's about time I make a formal introduction to those of you who don't know about it.

Extra Credits is a gaming show run by three game devs in the industry. Daniel Floyd, the voice and overall manager of the show, is an animator over at Pixar. James Portnow, the show's writer, worked at Activision and is now the CEO of Rainmaker games and a professor at Digipen. Allison Theus, the show's artist, helped do art for one of the Elder Scrolls games and now is a concept artist at Vigil games.

The show's basic goal is to educate both consumers and those in the industry about the goods and bads of video games as a medium. It is designed to treat gaming as another form of art, and how we can improve the industry/medium as a whole. The cover a variety of topics in short episodes that primarily serve to spark discussion and thought about the issues covered. They have gathered tremendous respect from their audience and at this point are considered the great philosophers of our beloved gaming industry.

They have completely changed the way I view games and I would not be the person I am today without their amazing content. Here are a few of their best episodes to give you guys a taste of what they are all about.

They can be found on Youtube and Penny Arcade. Excellent show with hundreds of insightful episodes.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

re: Extra Credits

Ah yes. This. I've seen these before. These are so good.

Since Raptr was installed.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: