View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

re: Top 5 Games

I am going to preface this list by stating that my list is comprised of my top games that consumed thousands of hours of my time, and while I enjoy SWTOR, it will take another 5-10 years of playing to determine if it should be in the list. These are truly transformative works of the video game genre.

1) Final Fantasy - I will never forget when I got to the end of the game and had to so it all over again... The maps where tacked to the wall and I was constantly reviewing the spell lists trying to find them.

2) Darklands - This game had no ending, you eventually ran out of new events and characters started dying but it was enthralling. There was no required path, you just created characters and went adventuring. This was also the first game I learned how to cheat on Happy.

3) Civilization - I learned how to play this game with the original and really learned strategy. I could plan out anything and win regardless of difficulty. I have over 5,000 hours played on civ5 alone.

4) WoW - This game replaced my Galaxies addiction when it was released. It taught me. Whole new type of gameplay and strategies. I learned to multibox and was addicted.

5) Myst - this was the most impossibly difficult game I ever played. The graphics where amazing and I didn't realize a game could look like that. Each puzzle would take weeks to figure out but it was awesome when. You finally figured it out.

1. Asheron's Call
2. SWTOR
3. WoW
4. Diablo 1 and 2....Hated 3
5. Team Fortress Classic (Original Half-life edition)
_Caranel_

Huvey Skirtstalker wrote:
1. Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (The online part, I played this game for around 7 years, several hours everyday :P)
2. Star Wars: The Old republic
3. God of War 1-2-3
4.Lord of the Rings Battle for middle earth 1-2
5. Call of Duty series :p

Yes, forgot about #4 and #5 in your list, Huv.

For you Total War fans and LOTR fans, there is a well-done mod that transforms Total War into the Middle Earth and you can select most of the predominant races (both Sauron/Saruman forces and Elf/Dwarf/Men forces). I enjoyed them.

Zanumas

1. ME1
2. ME2
3. JSRF
4. SWTOR
5. WoW:The Burning Crusade

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: