View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabetse

re: The Elder Scrolls...MMO!

Screens:

I must say.. the look they picked to give the ES MMO world is a bit.. unexpected to say the least, looks a bit cartoonish in my opinion.

Forum Image

It has begun... after so long, no more speculations!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1224248p1.html?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social[/img]

Last edited by Nabetse on May 4, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

NOW I may be interested in the Elder Scrolls world Happy

well well well. I am one of the people who always said 'an as truly open world as the elder scrolls, especially the last two parts of the series, might be perfect for an MMO'... buuuut, I am not entirely sure what to think about it, now that it's officially happening.

granted it's still a bit before it will actually happen, but yeah.

then again, if there's one crafting system I'm truly in love with then it's the skyrim crafting. god knows there's never been a game where it was more fun to pick flowers all day and steal cabbage from random villages. LOL

Asuka'Raein - Sage
AstralProjection

They've always been great games...more generic fantasy, but if the game is good enough I forget all about that. It will be interested to see how they handle Combat and PVP if it's available at all. Something tells me melee fighters will be at a big disadvantage.

Awarded:

Quote:
The Elder Scrolls Online is currently scheduled to be released in 2013 for Mac and PC

See you in 2015. I hate early releases for MMOs. When's the last time one released even close to the first announced timeframe?

Is it gonna be lightsabers in it?

Nabetse

Updated first post with the official announcement video. Joy
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Satiata wrote:
well well well. I am one of the people who always said 'an as truly open world as the elder scrolls, especially the last two parts of the series, might be perfect for an MMO'... buuuut, I am not entirely sure what to think about it, now that it's officially happening.

granted it's still a bit before it will actually happen, but yeah.

then again, if there's one crafting system I'm truly in love with then it's the skyrim crafting. god knows there's never been a game where it was more fun to pick flowers all day and steal cabbage from random villages. LOL

Agreed regarding crafting. I spent hours walking from mine to mine collecting metals and using the forge in Skyrim. Its one of those games where you can spend 10 hours doing things and not progressing hte story at all. I had to give my copy of Skyrim to a friend back in Feb because I had too hard a time deciding between Skyrim and TOR

Brandoe C

AstralProjection wrote:
They've always been great games...more generic fantasy, but if the game is good enough I forget all about that. It will be interested to see how they handle Combat and PVP if it's available at all. Something tells me melee fighters will be at a big disadvantage.

You mean 2 or 3 slash moves aren't enough? Or will they try to break the mold and make your character progression more sandboxy like previous Elder Scrolls games. But then all we will see are people flinging lightning at each other...wait that sounds familiar.

Photobucket
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

Brandoe C wrote:
AstralProjection wrote:

You mean 2 or 3 slash moves aren't enough? Or will they try to break the mold and make your character progression more sandboxy like previous Elder Scrolls games. But then all we will see are people flinging lightning at each other...wait that sounds familiar.

lol!

well I don't use lightning in skyrim. I usually have a heal with me and FIARRHHH

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Hart of Hircine

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

I plan on playing ebonheart pact faction nord.

In all elderscolls games I always played an Imperial Battle Mage or an imperial in general. The only other races I like in order are the Nords and Dark Elves.
Taenn

I wonder how the PvP will actually scale? Will stealing be allowed as well?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: