View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: WTB new headset

Ok, I want a headset that is:

1. wireless
2. extremely lightweight, small on top of the head and ears
3. I don't care about HD sound or sound dampening or any of that stuff, I just use it to talk to ya'll in ventrilo

anyone know anything like that? My Best Buy has a pretty limited selection and they were all either super crap headphones or super gamer headphones that are heavy but designed for hd surround sound and all that. I might go with a basic headset that's not wireless but wireless would be nice.

Awarded:

Honestly, I'd try online if I were you. That is where you will find the best selection. Right now I have a Sennheiser one, it is not heavy at all, maybe a few ounces at most? However it is not wireless. You could also give a look on Amazon, they probably have a great selection.
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I found a refurbished Turtlebeach X11 wired set that I like. I mainly got it because it works on PC and comes with a hookup for Xbox360. It has volume control sliders on the cord; one for game volume and one for voice chat, as well as a mute button. I also like that when you use the microphone you hear a little of your own voice through the headphones so you don't start talking louder then you need to and wake up the whole house. I know its not the best set out there but for $40 It was a deal and serves it's purpose.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

PolishRifle wrote:
I found a refurbished Turtlebeach X11 wired set that I like. I mainly got it because it works on PC and comes with a hookup for Xbox360. It has volume control sliders on the cord; one for game volume and one for voice chat, as well as a mute button. I also like that when you use the microphone you hear a little of your own voice through the headphones so you don't start talking louder then you need to and wake up the whole house. I know its not the best set out there but for $40 It was a deal and serves it's purpose.

wow, $40? that sounds awesome, especially since it works on xbox and PC. My brother had one like that and I really liked it, but his was considerably more expensive, I think (yours was refurbished, so maybe that's why). I'll look into it. Wireless is a nice luxury but it's more important to me that it's super light.

heh. I might have to look for a new one, aswell. stupid timing when I don't have any money.... oh well. mine just decided to go wonky on me. the microphone is still working, but the headphones aren't. narf.

Asuka'Raein - Sage
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

yeah I have no problem with refurb because they normally have some kind of warrenty coverage to ensure you don't get a dead one. Maybe I'm just always lucky but I buy almost all my electronics refurbished and have never been burned, *knock on wood. I saw a refurb Razer Naga for under $60 that I've been eyeing up for my next purchase.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: