View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Maereth

re: Star Wars Kinect

Quirquie wrote:
That video is definitely better than Hans Solo one, slightly. I suppose it is cool for kids, but the kids I know want lightsabers not dancing fools when they think of Star Wars!

Lightsabers, giant walkers, and Death Stars

Awarded:

Arkathos wrote:
Personally, I just took a look at the video with Tris - the dancing? The hell is that lol... sorry but pop music in star wars with terribad dance moves just seems ... nevermind.

Edit: Ok - this redeemed it in our eyes by .01% For a kid game though, it looks fun lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mqEJaP2fs&feature=related

Seems ROTJ remastered?

P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Well it came in the mail and I only turned it on for a few minutes so I can't make a judgement yet. There is a story mode that looks to take place between Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. The first level was selecting which padawan you want to be and deflecting blaster bolts. Level 2 is on Kashyyyk but I didn't start it.
I was impressed the kinect could detect my twisting my wrist in a figure 8 pattern to wave the lightsaber to do deflections and it could tell the difference between a single and two handed grip and switch the animation as I changed grips.
The animations didn't seem as sharp as I would have liked, Yoda looked good but Mace Windu's head looked more like a Bith then a Human. I have not tried the Rancor Rampage, Duel of the Fates, or Pod racing yet and I don't see myself trying the Jabba Dance Off, ever.

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

well... if I ever have kids, I know I will not allow them to listen to or dance to such a disgrace called 'music' :P

either way, kinect in general, I have tried it at the gamescom when it wasn't officially released yet and wasn't all that impressed with the games as a whole, apart from sonic skateboarding. that was fun (probably because I won against the guy presenting it but heh. lol)
I've got a wii, anyway. if I had a 360 I might consider it, but then again I didn't get playstation move equipment either :P

Asuka'Raein - Sage
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

yeah, I'm still not sure how I feel about Kinect. My wife got it for me as a father's day gift in anticipation of the Star Wars Kinect. I mostly use it as a voice/motion controller for netflix (I feel like Minority Report waving my hand and moving the menu). My wife loves the Zumba Rush and Your Fitness games since she can't get to the gym as often as she like but it still feels like a good workout.
Everytime I think that Kinect is going to be incorporated into the "hardcore" games I'm disappointed. In Mass Effect 3 the voice recognition sounded cool but the cheet sheet was so long it was hard to remember which skills each player has. The spoken dialogue looked like it would be more immersive by speaking the option rather then selecting it but it felt wierd talking to my TV when I'm alone and then having Shepard repeat what I said in game. Maybe if you read the option and the game reacted to it rather then repeating you it would be better, that might make for better RP in SWTOR too.

Maereth

I've had a 360 for.... Three years now? Never wanted a Kinect.I saw the videos and was like "ew". My dad tried to convince me to get one at first, but he realized pretty quickly that anything I play wouldn't use it, ever. And especially now, I'm a heavy PC gamer, like I should have been. It was easier to spend 20$ and get the 360 Remote control than 150$ on a Kinect nobody would ever use.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: