View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: PC idiot in need of advice!

how many fans are inside the case circulating air? Make sure the vents are clear to move air as well. You can add a slot case cooler for $10-$20 into an empty . I have 3 120mm fans in my case but I also only have a 350W power supply.

Quirquie

There was a 2 part plug for the cpu that only had half plugged in, he thought the other half didn't fit, but it did. There was dust in between the cpu and cpu fan I had missed when cleaning it the other day. He added a chassis fan to the back of the case from an old pc and we ordered a slot case fan from newegg, should be here in 3 days. It is already running cooler, not as cool as I would like especially when he gets in tor. I hope the slot case fan fixes that, I ordered this fan, Thanks PolishRifle!
Quirquie

PolishRifle wrote:
how many fans are inside the case circulating air?

There is the fan inside the PSU, the one attached to the CPU, the one attached to the video card, and now the one attached to the back of the case sucking air out. It is still getting hot when he gets in TOR, so I order the fan I mentioned in the post above and it should be here in 3 business days. A plus is that if I order one more thing before 6/26/2012, I will get a free one year membership for ShopRunner. Free 2 day shipping is pretty sweet, as long as you don't have to pay $70 a year for it.
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I'm not sure if your case supports it but I mounted a fan of the front of my case to pull cool air in through the front (just mount it facing the opposite direction from the rear fans). It only works if your case has vents on the front though.

Quirquie

No vents on the front, the case is the largest I have ever seen for a personal pc. Both of the sides have the exact same amount of vent holes, unlike most that have none or very few on the side the back of the MB faces. The front has an unused expansion slot and ASUS is under that and it lights up, even when the pc is turned off.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: