View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durstalph

re: Looking for a decent mid-range laptop...

My Dad wants to get my Mom a new laptop for Christmas, and has asked me to find the right one because he is totally computer illiterate. I've checked Newegg, and so far nothing has really jumped out at me, and I thought maybe some of you tech savvy people might have a line on some deal that stands out. She only really ever uses her computer for the internet and business programs like quickbooks, so I don't need a powerhouse machine, just a stable workhorse. Graphics needs would be negligible, but she likes movies, so it would be nice for her to run a netflix streaming movie without issue. I would like to get her a 17 inch display, but a 15 inch will work. Must run cool enough to use on her lap, as she loves to surf the net from the couch. She is not very tech savvy, so the easier it is to use the better.

I have a budget of $700 for this, which should be plenty for a laptop to suit her needs. I know there will likely be some good deals for Black Friday, so I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks for any help!

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=32&name=Laptops-Notebooks

That is all!

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
Tobinius

I had a dell laptop that I ran practically non-stop for almost 5 years before the video card crapped out on me (although it was a high end laptop, so not sure about lower tier versions). The only thing that I didn't like about having a dell was if I needed to get any work done on it I couldn't just take it into a local shop, it needed to be shipped to dell (although I think you can purchase in-house service with the warranty), not that I actually ever needed to.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/laptops?avt=screen#!facets=51795~0~11401827,52538~0~821508,51808~0~812593,58106~0~911380,133614~0~4774324,135390~0~6687268,52176~0~817061,55846~0~5930681&p=1

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Cheers

Thanks for the info guys, we ended up ordering a Black Friday special off of Newegg.

Jump to: