Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Meeting Sunday, 10/30, 1pm Pacific: Discussing JK PvP

Hey all! Time for a JK meeting! We've had quite a few meetings now that were "JK only" to socialize and get to know each other. Now that the game is getting closer, meetings will become more and more goal oriented for in-game specific information that people playing the Jedi Knight class should know. I will be able to really lead these well after launch when we have solid information to discuss, but for this meeting we can do a little theory crafting about JK PvP. It would be great if some folks from Beta could attend (Astral and Rebmac come to mind Happy)

Let me know if you can attend, and if you can't attend.

Last edited by Nwahs on November 11, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

I think I should be able to make the meeting but I might be working some overtime on sunday, will try and update on saturday will a final confirmation one way or the other.

I shall be there!

Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Sounds good, I'll be there.

Awarded:

Aestel was in beta too so that works Happy

Should be able to make it.
Rebmac!

if the build is up, we'll have new info, if not, we'll have old info, but info is still info.

I'll be working on thesis all day Sunday. I'll be at my computer most of the time, but I have someone coming over to help me at some point on Sunday, not sure when. If they are here I can't really be at the meeting but if not I'll take a break and hop on Vent.

I should be able to make it...I have a Wedding to go to, but I think I'll be available by then. I will do my best to answer any PVP questions that I can : )

So Shawn is out of power for today and maybe a few more days, so I'll be running the meeting - have nothing planned personally though. :P

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Garlen Durakkis

Made it! But late, my internet decided to be a jerk around the time the meeting started lol
Rebmac!

if anybody has any questions that werent answered in the meeting please feel free to ask here.

Hey all : ) Just wanted to explain yesterday a bit...I was in attendance at the meeting but couldn't discuss with everyone, which was very frustrating because I wanted to give my impressions as well...Reb did an awesome job, but it would've been nice to be able to chime in.

We were without power in my neighborhood from Saturday morning on until about an hour before meeting time due to severe weather. In the candle-lit mess of the night before one of the kids stepped on my spiffy Turtle Beach headset and broke it...I'll be bringing an interim headset home from work today, but I had no way to chime in yesterday.

Sorry to anyone I played BF3 with afterwards too, I was terrible! That was my first attempt at playing Battlefield so I kind of expected it, but still...ugh.

I've always been a Call of Duty person - if anyone has any tips on how to not suck at Battlefield I'm all ears. I was struggling to get a kill in...feels like everyone can see you from miles away, I couldn't even get in range to get a shot off in most cases. Is it just a way more sniper friendly game? Maybe I need to become one as well. Maybe it's just that the scope-less weapons you start with suck.. Either way, I'll be back this week with a working headset, and hopefully can get the hang of this Battlefield thing : )

I'm sorry for hogging the conversation I felt bad after a few that's why I just shut up and actually said why don't you take this one.

I do tend to ramble, and explain a little to much many times. Next time I'll just stay quiet and let you do all the talking, just adding little tid bits in.

As far as bf3 goes, if you want some one on one time I can show you what to look for, basic places to hide, hallways to shoot down, or ways to fly and stuff.

Awarded:

AstralProjection wrote:

I've always been a Call of Duty person - if anyone has any tips on how to not suck at Battlefield I'm all ears. I was struggling to get a kill in...feels like everyone can see you from miles away, I couldn't even get in range to get a shot off in most cases. Is it just a way more sniper friendly game? Maybe I need to become one as well. Maybe it's just that the scope-less weapons you start with suck.. Either way, I'll be back this week with a working headset, and hopefully can get the hang of this Battlefield thing : )

Battlefield is all about the realism... if you're a CoD player you're in for a surprise! You have to make sure you're moving from cover to cover, and thinking like the enemy... where is he coming from? What is his objective? It is sniper friendly, like real life, so you need to work as a team and communicate. Spot enemies, stay behind cover, don't run around crazy. Yes, BF is a little unforgiving with the fact that when you first start, you are way behind on the unlocks, and you can get creamed that way. You also really need to learn the maps. You can do that be playing in them and learning where to hide, and finding online guides.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum