Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markis. D Thatch

re: Single or Double blade?

Hello my fellow Consulars!

I have been trying to weigh the pros and cons on wielding a single blade versus a double blade. I know that the blade choice will depend on which specialization but I wish to know how everyone is feeling on the matter.

I would like to dedicate this thread to getting everyones opinions on their weapons and the fighting styles they wish to employ.

Legendkiller456

I could have sworn this was in a thread before, maybe not...
Anyway, I believe the double-bladed lightsaber does more damage, and can be used with a succession of rapid attacks. That's my kind of style, big damage and burst attacks :P

Markis. D Thatch

I saw that there was one on Lightsaber forms but I wanted to get everyones fighting style.

I am thinking sigle blade heavy hits and stealth attacks.

Cloud Kanno

I will personally be taking the typical rouge path - double blade, burst dps, cc, stealth based attacks. Also, according to Darth Hater, some of the Shadow’s abilities required a double blade such as:

Double Strike (Active) – Strikes the target twice. Each hit deals 100% weapon damage plus a low amount. Requires a double bladed lightsaber.

Shadow Strike (Active) – Deals 150% weapon damage plus a moderate amount to a single target. Only usable from behind the target. Requires a double bladed lightsaber.

Run Through (Active) – Finishing Move: Runs the target through, dealing 250% weapon damage plus moderate damage. Shares a cooldown with other finishing moves. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber.

Low Slash (Active) – Slashes the target low, dealing 75% weapon damage and incapacitating it for 3s. Damage will end the effect prematurely. Requires double bladed lightsaber.

Hidden Strike (Active) – Strike from the shadows, dealing 100% weapon damage and stunning the target for 3s. Requires double bladed lightsaber.

Cloud Kanno wrote:
I will personally be taking the typical rouge path - double blade, burst dps, cc, stealth based attacks. Also, according to Darth Hater, some of the Shadow’s abilities required a double blade such as:

Double Strike (Active) – Strikes the target twice. Each hit deals 100% weapon damage plus a low amount. Requires a double bladed lightsaber.

Shadow Strike (Active) – Deals 150% weapon damage plus a moderate amount to a single target. Only usable from behind the target. Requires a double bladed lightsaber.

Run Through (Active) – Finishing Move: Runs the target through, dealing 250% weapon damage plus moderate damage. Shares a cooldown with other finishing moves. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber.

Low Slash (Active) – Slashes the target low, dealing 75% weapon damage and incapacitating it for 3s. Damage will end the effect prematurely. Requires double bladed lightsaber.

Hidden Strike (Active) – Strike from the shadows, dealing 100% weapon damage and stunning the target for 3s. Requires double bladed lightsaber.

Yeah, that sounds about what I'd have.

Markis. D Thatch

Well I wish to go a typical Assassin / Rouge path...so it looks like I need to go with a double blade.

Odjii

Markis. D Thatch wrote:
Well I wish to go a typical Assassin / Rouge path...so it looks like I need to go with a double blade.

I was hoping players wouldn't be tied down to a weapon style based on class, but then I thought about it and it makes sense. Consider other mmo's where all class types use different weapon styles (mage, warrior, ranger) and those weapons in turn help identify the class. This is kind of important for pvp. If I see an inquisitor with a saber staff I will know he's a marauder.
Crox Rava

Rouge goes on your cheeks to make you pretty. A rogue sticks pointy bits of metal (or blazing hot lazer-swords) in your back. >_>

If we are discussing what we would use in real life given the choice, I see no reason not to go with the double-saber. Darth Maul was able to use his as a single-bladed saber just fine, and an assassin would find the unexpected second blade to be quite advantageous in the right circumstances.

Photobucket
Markis. D Thatch

Crap...I was tired what I wrote that last comment, Classes have been killing me and it seems when I get tired my words get jumbled up. Thanks Crox!

Sticx45

I've thought about this a few times. I would be interesting if you could use a single blade of your double bladed light saber for some attacks... and then extend the second blade for other attacks. Or perhaps make it stance based?
Crox Rava

It's a Jedi Thatch Chibi! <3 <3 <3

Photobucket
Markis. D Thatch

lol thanks Crox, I asked Cyn if she wouldn't mind making me another one. And thus my Jedi form of Thatch has been created lol.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum