Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Dorobbo

re: Jedi Knight Discussion 9/24/11: Did Yoda do the right thing?

Anakin was the linchpin in either direction imo. Obviously for movie sakes he fulfills his role of the villain, but if instead he had informed the order when he finally knew the truth or even had suspicions then the order could have confronted palpatine with an organized front and more than likely neutralized him.

Awarded:

Omg I love that verb "neutralize" for what we do as Jedi, to bring justice to enemies.

I may change the name of my ship from Fist of Freedom to [i]The Neutralizer[/b]. Thoughts?

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Omg I love that verb "neutralize" for what we do as Jedi, to bring justice to enemies.

I may change the name of my ship from Fist of Freedom to [i]The Neutralizer[/b]. Thoughts?

Lol, that would be legit. I havnt thought of any names for my ship yet :/

why, with all the power of the force, did yoda spend all his time and effort, catching the stupid heavy thing from falling on them, instead, of just force pushing the two away, pulling dooku towards him, (or pushing that ship away). I think he choose poorly, (hmmmm, Small push I do or catch big thing... hmmm)

I really don't think Yoda did the wrong thing here. What was Dooku really. To me, he was always just a pawn, like Anakin was for his time as Vader. The real player was always Palpatine. Killing Dooku would really solve nothing during the time period. You still had Palpatine, and still Grievous at the time, so removing Dooku would accomplish little, and you would be trading the chosen one and Obi-wan, hardly a good deal. Plus you have to consider the Jedi ideal that all of those that are fallen can be returned to the light side, so maybe that was what Yoda was hoping for, he was his Padawan afterall.

Plus, I think a lot of things happened because there had to be episodes 4,5, and 6. Like for instance, why split up at the end of the movie and have Yoda face Palpatine alone. Why not both join up for him and leave Anakin by himself on Mustafar. If Palpatine dies, what threat would Anakin be anyway, again he was just a pawn to me.
Cimreau

re: Re: Jedi Knight Discussion 9/24/11: Did Yoda do the right th

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
During the Battle of Geonosis, there is a pause in the battle when Yoda and Darth Tyrannus end up in a saber-lock. It is revealed that Dooku was a Padawan of Yoda, which is interesting in itself, but things get more interesting for me right after this. Dooku is obviously exhausted from facing 3 of the most powerful Jedi in the order, one after the other, especially the crazy flipping Yoda. He creates a diversion by dropping a big tube thing on top of Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Yoda uses the Force to save his Jedi.

Did Yoda do the right thing?

Did his action show a bit of Attachment, which is forbidden to a Jedi? Yoda must have known that Dooku was tiring, and in that moment when Dooku was running away, or let his guard down, Yoda should have been able to finish Dooku off and put an early end to the entire Clone Wars, saving millions if not billions of lives, but he chooses instead to save Obi-Wan and the Chosen One.

Perhaps he knew the importance of Anakin's survival for the Force?

I'd love to hear your thoughts Happy

Mister Yoda's worse fault there sounds like his narrow Jedi thinking. Any smuggler worth his ship knows the old wisdom: Never block what you can dodge. It's got to be easier to slide a couple of broken magicians across the floor than to heft a great big power column.

I'm not sure the exact method of his saving them really matters in this case. If Yoda had decided to slide them then the writers would have had Dooku get away faster, or come up with another obstacle to allow his escape. I think we really have to focus on the dilema that they set up for Yoda, and that is either save the Jedi or battle Dooku.

I think we don't need to really go much further then the two verbs I used in describing the dilema. To save or to battle. Jedi should go with the save.

Also I really don't see a guarantee that Yoda would have captured or killed Dooku even if he hadn't threatened the defensless. Dooku was holding his own there.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Amorl wrote:
Also I really don't see a guarantee that Yoda would have captured or killed Dooku even if he hadn't threatened the defensless. Dooku was holding his own there.

I think he was getting really tired after all that fighting, but who knows!?

Now that I think about it, we see that Yoda was pretty tired right after that too... he probably hadn't fought like that in hundreds of years.

i guess it is hard for us old guys to get it on after such a long time of not doing anything like that.. right right.. oh.. *sad face*

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum