View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
AstralProjection

re: To my fellow LoL players.

I will say I understand where you're coming from here, Konta...I agree that we shouldn't demonize LoL, but there is something about the game that seems to breed bad attitudes among the players...not necessarily ours, I never had that experience, but I had plenty of bad ones in leveling my summoner up, which is why I stopped playing.

The average person I seemed to get stuck with in LoL PUGs was rude, nasty, offensive, and had a poor grasp of my language, at best. I was new to the game, and got sick of having horrible things said to me that I'm too mature to respond to...when I joined Pax I promised to live up to the charter no matter who I'm playing with, because I'm out there representing us. While I would've enjoyed it to no end to respond in kind and make these kids cry, it probably wasn't worth the effort.

In an MMO it's much easier to move about your business and find someone that ISN'T a jerk to spend your time with, but in LoL you're stuck with them for the duration of what can be a pretty long game, and I never quit in the middle of the game.

I really don't care about losing...I'll never enjoy it, but I don't get upset, it's part of gaming. There's always someone out there better than you. But in the games I was playing, half the time we'd win anyway after the guy would rage quit, blaming me for doing something wrong (it's a strange game where destroying towers or killing people is a bad thing, despite it being your main objective...I'll still never get that, I thought it was the point of the game).

Anyway, I'm sad to hear you had a bad experience, but I totally understand that. I'd just say that it sounds like you're a good LoL player, Konta, and our other members like playing the game with you, so I wouldn't necessarily give up on something you're good at just because of a few bad apples. I was mediocre at LoL and knew it, and had no desire to learn the dynamics of a game that nobody ever tried to balance : P

Oh boy ive been slacking and didnt see my post got so many reponses I shall reply to all responses now unless they are from Davi

*reads and begins quoting*

Ok so a lot of you have said these individuals that have displayed negative emotions/drama have been removed....though that is true and currently nobody I know in PAX is a real jerk in LoL....however this is just a precautionary measure that I am taking upon myself, because I fear my attitude and personality could also change over this game. Even though I know its just a game and shouldnt be taken so seriously.

This game brings out the worst from the best of us. I mean regardless of maturity something about LoL just changes people.

I agree with everyone who says LoL is just a game and should be treated as one and not something serious...and your right we have had several good times playing this game, and should enjoy those times and take it less seriously. However we are a TOR guild not a LoL guild, so eventually I was gunna uninstall *cough* December 20th *cough* Happy

I thank you all for the responses though, as I will say again though just a precautionary measure as I have witnessed what this game does to some very highly respected mature individuals.
Crox Rava

I love LoL and will continue playing, personally. That said, I have also seen otherwise cool folks turn a little ugly while playing. I believe it takes a great deal of humility to recognize that tendency in yourself and hang it up before it gets bad, Konta. Though I have never witnessed that kind of behavior from you, you know better than I do and I appreciate your willingness to set aside the game to avoid the possibility of hurting anyone else. You're good people, mate!

Photobucket
Davi Jones

I see where ur comin from Konta and I respect your decision. LoL has caused many people to act bad and not themselves. I myself have stopped playin it a great deal. It doesnt effect me that much ive just seen alot of people it has :/

Lord Marvel wrote:

Or when you owned with attack speed Rammus :P

I actually started that lol :P

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: