Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clusterfact

re: Knight's Role

What do you suppose the Knight's role in-game will be? I'm talking more than "tank", "DPS", etc.

The Consular will be the more thoughtful, diplomatic type and will prefer to negotiate before battle. Considering that all Jedi are taught to "ask first, shoot later", how do you think the Jedi Knight's story will unfold?
Yuan Juno

I'd imagine that a Knight would be the kind of person that would jump in the middle of a fight in defense of whoever seems to be the victim.

For example, a Jedi would be hangin' out in the cantina, ya know, chillin', just drinking his or her fill, when a drunk is harrassing another citizen, and eventually becomes violent and pulls out his blaster and points it to the citizen. Whereas the Consular would probably talk the drunk out of hostility or used some good ol' fashioned Jedi mind tricks to diffuse the situation, a Knight would more than likely jump into the line of fire and deflect the blaster bolts, or just slice the thing in half and be done with it.

To put it simply, the Knight and Consular both reach the same goal with different means. The Knight is a more active defender of the people, and, as previously mentioned, the Consular takes a more diplomatic approach initially and only resorts to immediate action when absolutely necessary.
McGordo

I would guess the consulars are the more healing type of character and perhaps as a DPS aswell, but I think that knights are more the tanking type or the DPS type.

But I do believe that in the end both guidances within the light side of the force is dependant on fighting, the only diffrence is how they fight!

Some people may say that I am diffrent than them, but in reality no person are the same as another!
Omega Reaven

I don't think were necessarily going to charge into battle with are light sabers slicing , i think well be the type of characters to not ask more then once though. Were not afraid to choose the fighting path if it means protecting what the republic and jedi stand for.

Amorl

Omega Reaven wrote:
I don't think were necessarily going to charge into battle with are light sabers slicing , i think well be the type of characters to not ask more then once though. Were not afraid to choose the fighting path if it means protecting what the republic and jedi stand for.

this sums it up perfectly for me
Kbrury

For you "DPS" Knights from the TOR forums.

Quote:
No, you misinterpreted me slightly. Let me clarify.

The Jedi Guardian now has the option to be played as a single lightsaber DPS role.

This was something we added recently based on Game Testing feedback.

You'll actually see it in action at PAX East.

Tadrius Lucrosus

Yeah, sorry to make allusion to WoW but from what I've been hearing, the DPS Knight will be like a Fury Warrior

re: Guardian vs Sentinel

I've seen the abilities between the 2, but will the Sentinel be better than the Guardian at actual DPS even though the Guardian is able to fit the "single saber DPS role"?
giraffecake

when desiging the story for the jedi knight i just assume that there will be situations where you could choose the diplomatic choice, or the slice n' dice. depending on what you choose will give you light or dark points, so not ALL jedi knights will be choosing the same path of the force.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum