Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Ysme

re: Part Two "The Undertaking" OOC

Hi

Yes sry, it's been so busy and itsa not likely to improve too much before christmas.

Something I'd like to say. I'm a bit lost on what the PR peeps are up to.

I think before we launch into this again we need to summarize positions, consolidate and set a clear way forward and who ever is GMing this one needs to be clear with everyone and keep us moving in the right direction. This isn't a critisism of anyone as I know everyone has been doing there best to keep interest and activity up. Just things haven't quite worked out and its all a bit fragmented and confusing. Siths are a bit lost too I think. I know i'm pretty confused.

So I suggest let's have a summary and a new start, possibly even a new thread and a round up of peeps still ready to carry on.
Atka Talin

Ok, here is a count up.

Pax Republica Posts: 132

Kajidic Posts: 14

If we DO start a new thread, we need to go slower.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Markis. D Thatch

And most of those posts would be mine. Sorry, I was a little over ambitious with the posts and will be a whole lot slower.

Hart of Hircine

Markis. D Thatch wrote:
And most of those posts would be mine. Sorry, I was a little over ambitious with the posts and will be a whole lot slower.
Actually the most of those posts were mine, your's, and Durstalph's!
Hart of Hircine

I kinda have an idea on how to bring this back to life. I'll have to pm the details to a gm later but we need a few things done in the pvp. One like Thatch being detected by rackghouls and me being in the ship.

I'll pm my about my character details to a gm and a few other jedi about me later to have the rest of you in for a suspenseful part in the pbp.

Then thatch has to be saved but I'll leave that idea to a gm and the people I think that will need to be involved to save to pbp.

The last idea of the pbp is an idea that I got from watching the star wars movie marathon on spike the holiday. Pretty much the idea is that in every movie you don't see much of the Sith or any of it's co workers that much durring the movie till the climax or ending. So right after we get our thing done I want the Sith just to pop up outta like nowhere like multiple times in the movies.
Durstalph

Any chance this is going to get going again, or has it been completely derailed? I only ask because there are new PBPs starting and I don't want to over-commit myself.

Since I just joined the guild last week. How does PBP work?

Photobucket
Kbrury

Durstalph wrote:
Any chance this is going to get going again, or has it been completely derailed? I only ask because there are new PBPs starting and I don't want to over-commit myself.

It won't restart anytime soon, so no need to worry about it.

Pinoyfury wrote:
Since I just joined the guild last week. How does PBP work?

Well it's kind of hard to explain but it's a form of Roleplay where the story is made up of posts made by it's members. Each post should move the plot along little by little as the members interact until they complete their goal.

Durstalph

In a PBP (Play By Post) each player makes a character and interacts with the other players' characters and the game environment. You can pretty much do anything within the bounds of your character's abilities, though God Modding is usually frowned upon.

God Modding is pretty much what it sounds like, acting like god himself. Examples are always hitting with every attack, killing everything in one blow, or exhibiting knowledge your character does not have.

The biggest sin one can make in a PBP is to use or affect another player's character without their consent. An example is saying you cut off someone's head instead of saying you made a cut at their head. It is generally considered polite when taking an action against someone's character that you write the intended action and let your opponent write in the result.

Would I be correct in comparing it to the tabletop Dungeons and Dragons game but its online, and the "dungeon master" is essentially the players who post the plot line movements?

Photobucket
Durstalph

Exactly, except there are no dice rolls to determine results.

Durstalph wrote:
Exactly, except there are no dice rolls to determine results.
except for when there is a tie and when people can't get to the target ect.
Ysme

Hiya,

Just a lil update, I've jus launched a PbP Guild theme story RP on one of out Chapter sites where most of the dedictated RP'rs hangout. I hope to get his underway and get a core of RP'rs who I can then bring over here.

As launch sneek slowly closer I'm hoping we'll see more activity on our side.

Hope you're all doing fine and ready for the fun big grin
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: