Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Areku99

re: "Through the Veil" PBP Sign-up Thread All Classes

I'll do it.

Species/Race: Human
Name: Galen
Middle Name: Gaisho
Last Name: Aima
Nickname: Saiko
Height: 5'9
Weight: 130 lb.
Class: Knight
Hair Color/Style: Black, long
Facial Appearance: Often looks sleep-deprived
Eye Color: Blue
Body Appearance: Regular sized
Personality: Friendly to allies, a demon to his foes. He is more compassionate to lower-level Sith than to a Sith Leader, due to his experience as a child.
Position In Guild: Member
Home Planet: Unknown, raised on Korriban
Current Residence: Nomadic
Ship: GR Kaminote
Armor: Wears force-conductive armor with cortoisis weave to protect from lightsaber attacks
Preferred Weapon : Lightsaber
Secondary Weapon(s): Disruptor Pistol
Miscellaneous Item(s): His dead girlfriend/partner (Jedi-wise)'s medallion
Number of Shipments Smuggled: During his 'rogue' phase, smuggled 5-12 shipments of weapons, spice, food, medicine, and lewd holodiscs past blockades. Enjoys hijacking Sith cargo.
Previous RP Experience: N/A
Availability: Almost every day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Biography / Starting Story(Optional, provide Link if its long): Raised from birth, he was rescued along with other acolytes during a Jedi raid.

Edit: I'll take dark blue!

Last edited by Areku99 on January 10, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheRobb and I will be keeping recruitment open until Wednesday so if you have been waiting to sign up for some reason, now's the chance to get signed up!

Also, because I haven't yet posted my character sheet:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Species/Race: Zabrak
Name: Alkhet (All-Ket)
Middle Name:
Last Name: Noth
Nickname: 'Khet'
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 194 lbs
Hair Color/Style:
Facial Appearance: Strong freatures, minor scarring from training as a padawan
Eye Color: Yellow
Body Appearance: Thin, muscular
Personality: Driven, restless at times, but deliberate
Position In Guild: Peacekeeper
Home Planet: Iridonia
Current Residence: Coruscant
Ship: Corellian Vanguard-Class Light Corvette, Stonewall Gangster
Armor: Traditional heavy Jedi battle armor
Preferred Weapon : Single-blade, purple lightsaber
Secondary Weapon(s): Zabrak martial arts
Miscellaneous Item(s): Nothing, Alkhet is a firm believer in the Jedi tradition that a Jedi needs only his lightsaber and his training; the Force eventually provides everything he needs.
Number of Shipments Smuggled: N/A
Previous RP Experience: Here and there
Availability: Most every day
Alignment: Neutral Good
Biography / Starting Story(Optional, provide Link if its long):

Alkhet was taken as a child from Iridonia after being discovered as a force sensitive. His father, Bekk Noth, was against the idea, whereas his mother, Umara, felt that the training of the Jedi would not only protect their child from the encroaching Sith, but also give him the opportunity to fight back later as a more powerful adversary. Bekk decided to keep Alkhet on Iridonia to be trained in the traditional Zabrak fasion as a warrior to help fight back the invaders. Only days after Alkhet was discovered, Umara Noth died suddenly due to a lost battle against a long-term illness. Bekk reluctantly agreed to have the child sent away, but only with the promise that his son would receive the martial training of a Zabrak in addition to his Jedi training.

A Jedi's training isn't all physical and Alkhet was no different. Though he preferred the saber and Zabrak combat, Alhket took great pleasure in debating the philosophy of the Jedi and taking the traditional way of understanding how the Force works to a new level by introducing his theory of Force Conductivity: the idea that the Force does not “blanket” all of life, but rather that the Force exists on a separate plane where it permeates into the plane that known life exists on. Force-sensitives would be strong conduits of the Force, though the Force has many points of mass-permeability. Like-wise, the Force could have many dead-zones strewn throughout the galaxy.

Alkhet's theory ruffled a few feathers, but was the main inspiration for the development of his Force abilities. Alhket strongly believed that using the Force to manipulate others, especially those who could not wield the Force, was wrong. As such, he reserved these powers (Force push, Force persuade, etc.) for dire situations and preferred to use the Force to bolster he and his companion's skills.

Last edited by Clusterfact on January 10, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Durstalph

Looks like I'm gonna have to be the token smuggler.

Species/Race: Twi'lek
Name: Daili
Middle Name: Vess
Last Name: Shaktilli
Nickname: "Dash"
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 104
Hair Color/Style: none
Facial Appearance: pretty, youthful features
Eye Color: blue
Body Appearance: slender
Personality: Cheerful and warm with her friends but always serious when it comes time for business, regardless of whether that means dropping off a smuggled cargo or patching up blaster wounds.
Position In Guild: Peacekeeper
Home Planet: Nar Shaddaa
Current Residence: Her ship
Ship: light cargo freighter "Dances with Danger"
Armor: light, with built in stealth generator
Preferred Weapon: Modified light blaster rifle with full optical suite
Secondary Weapon(s): Blaster pistol named "Hot Mama", vibro-knife, various grenades,
Miscellaneous Item(s): Medkit, data spikes, slicing tools, etc
Number of Shipments Smuggled: 48 with partners, 13 solo
Previous RP Experience: Several years of pen and paper roleplay experience
Availability: at least once a day
Alignment: neutral

Physical Description: A blue-skinned Twilek, Dash's body is slender but toned like a dancer but hides it under cargo pants and and an old military style jacket, the pockets full of med-stims, flash-bangs, and other assorted things a smuggler might find useful. These bulky clothes help hide the form-fitted suit of light body armor she wears underneath. She always wears her lekku tied back where they can't get in her way and carries a blaster pistol in a thigh holster. Since joining the Republic's side in the war, if combat looks likely she will grab her "kit", a modified "sawed-off" blaster rifle holstered on the side of a light backpack filled with medical supplies and grenades.

Biography / Starting Story(Optional, provide Link if its long): Born on Nar Shaddaa, Daili grew up in the midst of the criminal underworld. Her father was an under-boss for one of the Hutt cartels. Having lost her mother at an early age, Daili's father left her upbringing to the Twi'lek dancers at the club he managed. The dancers taught Daili to be light on her feet, and how to charm a mark into giving a bigger tip. The cartel goons taught her how to fight, and how to be aware of her surroundings. She learned how to treat a blaster wound before she learned to read. Daili had the skills to go far in the underworld, if she had had the chance, but her father was ambitious and soon stepped on the wrong toes, or would have if Hutts had any. When word got out that there was a price on his head Daili's father fled, but didn't get far. With her father dead several of the cartel goons arranged for her to leave Nar Shaddaa, as the risk she would draw the Hutt's ire too was too great. She left with an old smuggler who freelanced with her father's cartel and never looked back. She was fourteen. But Daili, or 'Dash' as the smuggler dubbed her, had nowhere to go. After a short while the captain saw that Dash had valuable skills to offer, and gave her the choice to join the crew as his apprentice . Dash accepted. For twelve years Dash worked on that ship, learning all she could of the smuggler's trade. They did well, running supplies for the republic past the mandolorian blockade made the old man enough credits to retire comfortably. And made Dash enough credits to buy the old man's ship. Now Dash sets out to make her own fortune, her own luck, and her own destiny.

I will use the color Cyan

I have never done PBP before, and it was only 2 months ago that I was introduced to the tabletop Dungeons and Dragons game. I have interest in it so I will take the time to read the previous postings when I get home to see if I can attempt to do it right Happy

Photobucket
Clusterfact

Pinoyfury wrote:
I have never done PBP before, and it was only 2 months ago that I was introduced to the tabletop Dungeons and Dragons game. I have interest in it so I will take the time to read the previous postings when I get home to see if I can attempt to do it right Happy

There will also be an "out of character" thread to partner the actual PBP, so we will be able to discuss story and whatnot. You'll get all the help you need. big grin
TheRobb

Okay, we're going to close recruiting on Wednesday, and start on either Thursday or Friday. So if you want to take part please sign up now, due to the nature of the story it will be impossible to join midway.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: